8th July 2011, 09:47 PM
dr pooja patel

Which NCERT books should I refer for optional subjects like History and Public Administration for UPSC exam?

hello sir,
i have select optional subject as history & public administration.which ncert books i should refere? which books i shood refer for optional subjets and for general studies?please suggest me related books for ias preparation.

thank you.

Related Questions:
  1. UPPSC books for both papers along with author and publication name? Optional books for History and Public Administration?
  2. IAS books for public administration and sociology as optional subjects?
  3. Books which I should prefer for general studies and optional subjects like Indian history and Public administration for preparation of IAS
  4. Eligibility criteria and reference books for Civil Services exams with optional subject Commerce and Public Administration
  5. Reference books for optional subjects like Psychology, Public Administration, Mathematics and Kannada?
  6. Last 10 years question papers for IAS mains exam? Books for Public administration
  7. Is it better to choose different subjects or which i had in my graduation for IAS preparations?
  8. Scope of law in civil service? Which books should I refer?
  9. Books to be referred for RAS entrance exam if my subjects are public administration and computer?
  10. Is coaching required for IAS entrance exam? Can I take management and public administration as optional subjects?
  11. Which subject should I choose for IAS PT examination? I have completed B.E computer sciences
  12. Syllabus and Maximum age limit for BPSC Exam? Cam I choose History and Public Administration as Optional subjects for BPSC Exam having completed BE in Mechanical Engineering? -- [Most Discussed]
  13. Which are the Books for Public Administration?
  14. Which Coaching center is good for IAS Exam? Which Optional subject should I opt for this Exam between History and Geography?
  15. Books for History and Political science for UPSC Preliminaries?
  16. What is the syllabus for SI in Bihar?
  17. Is it a right decision to take up management and public administration as optional subject?
  18. Which subject should I choose after 10th to become a collector? -- [New]
16th September 2011, 08:47 PM
aditya436
Senior Member++++

Arrow Re: Which NCERT books should I refer for optional subjects like History and Public Administration for UPSC exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr pooja patel View Post
hello sir,
i have select optional subject as history & public administration.which ncert books i should refere? which books i shood refer for optional subjets and for general studies?please suggest me related books for ias preparation.

thank you.
For History there are books which are good like

NCERT 11th and 12th books are amazing

and one more book for Indian History

if I upload this way the whole page will take with images only so for that reason I will do One thing I will write the information about books in a Text file and upload it to this post so that you can download and can get information about that
Is that ok for you ? ok

See I'm going to upload a Text file now just click on that to get the file downloaded so that it will be ready to read.

All the books which I have provided will be definitely be useful make the best choice in selecting the books.

all the best for your preparation

Regards

~aditya~
Attached Files
File Type: txt 4.txt(2.9 KB, 368 views)
16th September 2011, 09:58 PM
sandeepsonipoly

Thumbs up Re: Which NCERT books should I refer for optional subjects like History and Public Administration for UPSC exam?

dr pooja patel, firstly i congrate to you for clear pre. exam. as you say you have choosen history and public admi. so read 6th class to 12th NCERT BOOK. that book hold a complete syllabus with more information.and you can also buy cronicle seriou for history and public admi.
for general studies you can prefer unique G.K. AND NEWS PAPER, monthly book available on market.and most imp.daily news and practice properly after that you have clear mains also.
for previos year qp log on to http:/www.upse.gov.in
17th September 2011, 09:51 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: Which NCERT books should I refer for optional subjects like History and Public Administration for UPSC exam?

sir which ncert books i should prefer for bitsat examination
17th September 2011, 09:36 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Which NCERT books should I refer for optional subjects like History and Public Administration for UPSC exam?

hello sir,
please guide me which books i should refer for mains for optional subjects, history & public administration?
and what are best for current affairs?
thank you.
17th September 2011, 11:09 PM
praveendia

go for histort ncert book from 9 class to 12 class all contains the gud material for public admin ncert 12 class
11th October 2011, 12:30 AM
Unregistered

But which ncert books for pub.adminstration
12th October 2011, 09:05 PM
Unregistered

can you tell me depth and brief idea about geology and sociology
1st January 2012, 02:09 PM
Unregistered

i am at zero level preparation now in public adminstration...can sumone guide me wer to strt and which books to read frm this level
18th January 2012, 12:21 PM
Unregistered

which book i refer for public administration for class 12 ncert english as only books in hindi are available in the market. please help me
24th January 2012, 07:50 PM
Unregistered

hello sir,
i hv zoo n bot as my subjects in pcs mains but i m nt satisfied wid my performance wid zoology n wan to switch over to pub ad so plz suggest me how should i start wid it n which books vl b best forc it.
11th April 2012, 11:36 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr pooja patel View Post
hello sir,

thank you.
hi pooja me too have same optional.for history go through ncert books upto 12th .avasthi and maheswari , rajni arora, prasad and prasad all for pub adm.for detail u can mail me at [email protected]
22nd May 2012, 02:41 PM
Unregistered

WHICH BOOK SHOULD I HAVE TO REFER FOR PRE AND MAINS. I WANT TO TAKE HISTORY AND POLITICAL SCIENCE AS OPTIONAL PAPER.CAN I DO THIS.
22nd February 2014, 10:37 PM
Unregistered

Which books are the best for ugc net exam in history
2nd April 2014, 04:59 PM
Unregistered

Please provide best way(like books and notes) and syllabus to prepare subject 'Social Work' for UP PCS Exam.

Neeraj Shukla
[email protected]
22nd October 2020, 05:44 PM
Priya Dhongade

You have to read all ncert from class 6th to 12th of history and administration.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?