14th January 2013, 03:06 PM
navii kkhosa

How to appear CAT exam after doing B.Com 1st year?

Sir am doing bcom ist year .and cs also .. I want to do cat exam .so wat should i have to do frm now so that it is easy for me to clear this exam.
Plz help me sir ..

17th May 2013, 03:29 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: How to appear CAT exam after doing B.Com 1st year?

sir i m jst nw clear 1yr b.om n appearing exam and i want the guidline how to crack cpt exam
10th June 2013, 10:27 PM
Unregistered

I am pursuing bcom h .. And have completed 1st yr.. How to start cat preparations? Plz help
11th June 2013, 10:05 AM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

After B.Com. 1st year, one is not eligible to apply for CAT as the minimum educational qualification for CAT is Graduation Degree.

CAT - Common Admission Test, conducted by IIM(Indian Institute of Management) for admission to 2 years Post Graduation Degree MBA(Master of Business Administration) course in IIMs.

The eligible candidate must be an Indian Nationalhaving completed Graduation Degree in any stream of education with 50% marks from a recognised University, can apply for CAT. There is no upper age limit for application to CAT.

For mre information you may log on to http://www.catiim.in
11th June 2013, 01:40 PM
venkataprakash.v
Senior Member+++++

After completing first year of degree course you are not eligible to apply for CAT Examination . To apply for CAT examination , you have to finish your graduate degree from a recognized Institution and even final year of degree course may also eligible but pre-final year candidates are not eligible to apply .

But you can start the preparation now onwards because this examination is not easy to crack , every year large no.of students appearing for CAT entrance examination to join prestigious institution of IIM's across the India . So it is best to start the preparation now onwards .

CAT Examination will have only two sections . The first section is Quantitative Aptitude & Data Interpretation and the second section is Verbal ability & Logical Reasoning . Both section have a different time limits to attend and the examination will have 140 minutes . You have to prepare exam based on the syllabus and try to attend the some mock test conducted by various free websites . Collect the all the previous question papers and buy some recommend books for preparation of CAT examination .

Eligibility Criteria for CAT Examination ::
  • Student have to completed degree in any discipline .
  • The degree course from a recognized Institution .
  • Student must secure at least 50% aggregate in marks of all papers .
  • 45% for reserved categories ( SC/ST/pwd categories ) .
  • Final year candidates are eligible to apply .
  • No age limits and No limits of attempts .

Books for CAT Examination ::

Quantitative Aptitude for the CAT Common Admission Test
Author: Rajesh Balasubramanian
Publisher: Access Publishing
Rs. 550

CAT Topic-Wise Solved Papers
Author: Deepak Agarwal, Shipra Agarwal
Publisher: Disha Publication
Rs. 450

Quantitative Aptitude for CAT & other Entrance Exams 2nd Edition
Author: Avinash Agarwal, Shipra Agarwal
Publisher: Disha Publication
Rs. 430

How to Prepare for Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension for the CAT Common Admission Test 4th Edition
Authored By: Arun Sharma, Meenakshi Upadhyay
Publisher: Tata McGraw - Hill Education
Rs. 575
11th June 2013, 02:03 PM
SK@S
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am pursuing bcom h .. And have completed 1st yr.. How to start cat preparations? Plz help
Eligibilty to apply for the CAT exams is:
Graduation pass in any stream with minimum 50% marks for General and OBC candidates and minimum 45% marks for the SC/ST candidates.
Final year Graduation students can also apply

Questions will be asked from the Below Sections in CAT Exams:
Quantitative Ability & Data Interpretation;
Verbal Ability & Logical Reasoning

Books for Preparations:

The Pearson Guide To Verbal Ability And Logical Reasoning For The CATby Nishit K. Sinha

The Pearson Guide To Quantitative Aptitude And Data Interpretation For The CAT by Nishit K. Sinha

How to Prepare for Data Interpretation for the CAT Common Admission Test by Arun Sharma
11th June 2013, 02:28 PM
vikash kumar prajapati
Senior Member+++

Quote:
Originally Posted by navii kkhosa View Post
Sir am doing bcom ist year .and cs also .. I want to do cat exam .so wat should i have to do frm now so that it is easy for me to clear this exam.
Plz help me sir ..
As you are doing your Graduation in commerce and CA both but to appear in CAT(Common Admission Test) for MBA(Master of Business Administration) Graduation degree will be sufficient.This exam is given for taking admission in IIM'S Colleges for Post Graduation degree courses.The Exam notification for this test comes in the month of September every year.Once you will complete your Graduation/Final year then you can apply for this exam.The eligibility required to apply for this exam are as follows :

Educational qualification :-
  • Your minimum educational qualification should be Graduation passed out in any discipline from recognized university.
Marks :-
  • General/OBC category candidates should have a minimum marks of 50% in Graduation degree.
  • SC/ST category candidates should have a minimum marks of 45% in Graduation degree.
Age Limit - No Limit for any category.

Exam Pattern :-
  • This exam will have 2 sections.
  • Each section will include 30 questions.
  • Total duration of each section will be 70 minutes.
Exam Syllabus :-
  • Section I - Quantitative ability and Data Interpretation.
  • Section II - Verbal ability and Logical Reasoning.
As far exam passing is concern,you will only be able to crack this exam,if you will be well prepared.So you should start preparation from now onwards as per its given pattern.You should buy CAT Entrance Bank book for preparation purposes/you should join Coaching Institutes who will guide you through-out the process.
11th June 2013, 02:39 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

You can appear for CAT only after completion of Graduation from a recognized University with 50% marks.

Those in final year can also apply for CAT if they are expecting their final year result on time.

You can start your preparation for CAT either by yourself or you can join coaching classes if you feel that you are not able to concentrate properly on your own. Coaching classes will make you disciplined in studies and they will take mock tests on regular basis.

In CAT the questions will be mainly from following topics:

-Quantitative Aptitude

-Data Interpretation

-Verbal Ability

-Logical Reasoning

Hence you have to prepare according to above topics. Also you must take online mock test on regular basis to increase your calculation speed.

Some of the books which are useful for CAT are given below:

-Quantitative Aptitude for MBA Entrance Exams by Guha Abhijit

-Quant Aptitude by Tata Magraw Hill by Arun Sharma

-Quantitative Aptitude For Competitive Examinations Tips by Guha Abhijit

-Quantitative Aptitude for MBA Entrance Exams by Guha Abhijit

-R.S. Agarawal books on verbal reasoning

-Wren and Martin English Grammar

-Verbal Ability By Arun Sharma

-Business English and Communication By: Clark

-Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension for the CAT by Arun Sharma & Meenakshi Upadhyay

11th June 2013, 03:54 PM
spider man2906
Senior Member+

Hello friend

No you are not eligible for CAT exam
CAT stands for Common admission test
This is conducted only for the degree completed candidates or final year candidates only
This exam gives admission for MBA courses
With CAT score card you can join IIM"s and other reputed institutes in India
This exam is conducted throughout India

all the best
Attached Files
File Type: pdf CAT2012PracticalGuide.pdf(551.5 KB, 161 views)
File Type: pdf Self-Career-Counseling-Guide.pdf(2.85 MB, 220 views)
15th September 2013, 02:37 PM
infoysis
Senior Member+++

Quote:
Originally Posted by navii kkhosa View Post
Plz help me sir ..
Being a First year B.com candidate you're ineligible to apply for CAT Entrance Examination.

First, I suggest you to Complete Bachelor degree Course than Only your eligible to appear in CAT Examination . CAT Examination is one of the National Level MBA Entrance Examination and there lot of reputed MBA Institution accepts this CAT Exam score card .

To appear in CAT Examination for CAT Examination tan you need to Passed in Graduation Course in stream from recognized University .

The candidate who waiting for Final year Semester result may also eligible to appear in CAT Examination .

Applicant need to score Minimum 50% Percentage of marks and relaxation will applicable for 5% Percentage of marks for sc/st candidates..

So, Please satisfy the educational criteria and then your eligible to appear in CAT Examination and Being a 1st year B.com candidate you can start your preparation for CAT Examination . But, you're eligible for CAT Entrance Examination only after completing the graduation course.

Here I provide you the Coaching Institutes and Reference Books for CAT Examination .

Coaching Classes for CAT Examination :::

# Expert Educare Pvt. Ltd.
# Future Propel
# PRIME Tutor
# Roots Education
# T.I.M.E.
# IMS Learning Resources Pvt Ltd
# Career Launcher
# Ascent Education
# Career Forum
# Engineers Study Circle

Reference Books for CAT Examination :::

# Study Package for the CAT Online by Meenakshi Upadhyay, Arun Sharma
Publisher :- Tata Mcgraw Hill Education Private Limited

# CAT Exam Tips From An IIM Alumnus by Sidharth Balakrishana
Publisher :- Pearson

# CAT Exam Mastering the Verbal Ability by Ajay Singh
Publisher :- Arihant Publications

# CAT Exam Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning by Arun Sharma
Publisher :- Tata Mcgraw Hill Education Private Limited

# CAT Exam Study package by Arun Sharma, Meenakshi Upadhyay
Publisher :- Tata Mcgraw Hill Education Pvt. Ltd.
Edit Post Reply Reply With Quote
16th September 2013, 12:58 AM
tash1907
Senior Member+++++

Hi Friend......................

CAT exam put forward strict qualification criteria as it is one of the most sought after exams for admission to MBA programs in premium business schools in India. Any graduate can appear for this exam provided he meets the criteria of desired pass percentage.

Basic eligibility for CAT

The qualification criterion that is needed for a student to apply for the Common Admission Test is a graduate degree from an approved college.
The students can be from any stream, but they are required to have a score of atleast 50 percent in their final exams.
Students of the Sc/St/PH and OBC communities require only 45 percentage marks. Those who are writing their final year exam are qualified to appear for the exam too.

Qualifying Examinations for CAT

Candidates who have cleared the qualifying exam by means of any of these methods can apply for the CAT exam.
Aspirants who have done their graduation from any university accepted by the Association of Indian Universities or the All India Council for Technical Education can apply for the CAT exam.
Albeit this is the basic qualification required to write the CAT exam, the criterion will change according to the norms of the institutions.
16th September 2013, 02:20 PM
EFDRTG

Dear user

Below are the necessary details about cat exam.

Eligibility

minimum qualification should be Graduation in any discipline from recognized university.
General/OBC category candidates should have a minimum marks of 50%
SC/ST category candidates should have a minimum marks of 45%
There is no age limit for any category.

Exam Details

Section I - Quantitative ability and Data Interpretation.
Section II - Verbal ability and Logical Reasoning.

Good luck
24th October 2017, 11:33 PM
Unregistered

Which subjects books are required for CAT I am sybcom I want to prepare myself from this year. So that I can clear my CAT exam after my tybcom. I want CAT subjects and little Guidence. My contact no 7738661443 Name Rohan Sawant
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?