5th November 2010, 02:41 AM
sahershaukat

What is the Ideal Time for Preparation of CAT?

i want to know that whats the ideal time for preparation of CAT.....as i am doing my bcom 1st year..........so just let me know......shud i start preparing for it now...??

5th November 2010, 11:23 AM
ashwani avasthi

Thumbs up Re: What is the Ideal Time for Preparation of CAT?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahershaukat View Post
i want to know that whats the ideal time for preparation of CAT.....as i am doing my bcom 1st year..........so just let me know......shud i start preparing for it now...??
This is good step to achieve your desires .Do Work Hard and get success.
Wish you all the very best.

5th November 2010, 01:08 PM
jindalabhishek20

Default Re: What is the Ideal Time for Preparation of CAT?

Quote:
yes you must start prepraring for it but start preparing as early as possible

5th November 2010, 01:20 PM
vike
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Dear Friend

CAT is not like our general semester exam for which you have the syllabus and you can cover all those and hence can estimate time to cover that.

CAT is all about practicing. The more you practice things the more you become a matured aspirant. Also one of the major factor is, what your current level is?
If you are average or better in english then you will not feel preparing english section. If not then you should start being better right away. You can use some good coaching materials. If you vocab is less than average then start with Word Power Made Easy.

The aptitude and logical problems you should solve one hour daily. A daily exercise with these will help you finding answers without using pen and paper in future.

A daily habit of Newspaper and Magazine reading is very helpful for a would be businessman and also makes you able to write or speak on any random topic. So, read newspaper daily(The Hindu, Economic Times etc).

Thank You

5th November 2010, 02:02 PM
priyanka_swengg
Senior Member+++++

hellooo
hi friends a very happy dipawali

IDEAL TIME FOR THE PREPARATION OF CAT IS THE college time ..
beacuse you will feel boredom after passing colllege and preparing for it.

this is the fact..and..the one more reason to be a part of college and CAT preparation is the influence from others and...even you can share your doubts . discussions with your friends..

so its totally..a good time to prepare for CAT..and other entrance examination..

good luck ..

5th November 2010, 02:48 PM
ravik1214
Senior Member++++

there is no any meaning of ideal time for preparing exams like cat. you can start right from the first year. prepare for it but dont hamper your studies.

5th November 2010, 07:16 PM
Gaurav.jain88

Question Re: What is the Ideal Time for Preparation of CAT?

Quote:

You can start as early as possible because it require time and practice.
If you start from now it will help for you.
From now you have 2 years so with little one and after a year you can start penetrating the cat syllabus.
Good luck...

5th November 2010, 07:46 PM
ashimnalco

hi friend,

In my view if you are really serious for cat then u should start preparing before 6 months.
If u give around 2 hrs daily also is more than enough. And start reading newspapers, novels and any vocabulary increasing materials as english is really crucial for CAT. You can also join coachimg class of IMS or TIMES which would help you a lot. all the best..

5th November 2010, 07:50 PM
ashimnalco

hi friend
In my view u should start before 6 months. Give 2 hrs daily and its more than enough. Focus more upon english vocabulary and start reading novels and newspapers. U can also join IMS or TIMES coaching classes. It will help you a lot. Also see aptitude and problem solving and reasoning specially.

ALL THE BEST

6th November 2010, 11:33 AM
nillu
Senior Member+

The time can vary from person to person but according to me for any preparation 1 year sincere dedication is more than sufficient for preparation of any competetion

1st February 2011, 07:04 AM
neethubobby

hey hi...
for CAT preparation u will need a minimum of one year... though CAT appears to be simple,it isn. so work hard.
all the best

21st April 2011, 11:42 AM
suraj2157

Quote:
you can start as early as possible and be clear in basics and prepare hard in coming two years you will surely get a call from top b-schools all the best.

22nd April 2011, 08:08 PM
AYUSH KUMAR YADAV
Senior Member+

1)CAT is all about practicing.
2) The more you practice things the more you become a matured aspirant.
3) you should be better in English then you will not feel preparing English section.
4)The aptitude and logical problems you should solve one hour daily. A daily habit of Newspaper and Magazine reading is very helpful

28th April 2011, 10:50 AM
Unregistered

I am a final year btech student..i wish to take cat exam this year?how much time should i spend daily!plz recommend some 'must read' material for this.

16th June 2011, 09:17 PM
Unregistered

I am a final year btech student..i wish to take cat exam this year?how much time should i spend daily!plz recommend some 'must read' material for this.and also what is the duration time and fee for cat coaching?

12th July 2011, 07:15 PM
Unregistered

i am 1st year bsc student , i have heard many things about cat exams , but i still dont have clear picture of what cats is all about , i just know that for having admission in b-schools , one must have good score in cats exams , plz tell , what are syllabus for cats , and how to prepare for cats .....

20th July 2011, 02:29 PM
Unregistered

I m 3rd yr (5th sem) extc engg student.. m cnfused when should i start cat preparation? if i start it frm next sem, is it enough time?

26th July 2011, 10:34 PM
Unregistered

i'm a final yr b-tech student , i wan't to take cat exam this year ... so how much time should i spend daily for the preparation??
would it be possible for me to prepare well for the exam to be conducted in November..!!

plzzz send me about cat exam details and the duration for the preparation..??

plzz send the details to [email protected]

28th July 2011, 01:28 PM
Unregistered

I AM B.A FIRST YEAR STUDENT WHAT IS THE RIGHT TIME FOR ME TO JOIN ANY INSTITUTE FOR MBA PREPARATION?

3rd November 2011, 02:37 PM
Unregistered

I AM PERSUING MY BBA 3RD YEAR,,,,,,,I WANT'S TO DROP 1 YR. FOR CAT,,,,,IS MY DECISION RIGHT,,,,PLZZZ,,,REPLY,,,,,,,,

10th November 2011, 11:36 PM
VegaSridhar

Quote:
Hi,

As you are in your first year, it is good to start your preparation now onwards if you can manage time between your academics and CAT preparation.

You can start preparing for CAT by allocating daily 3-5 hours sincerely. The ideal time to prepare is when you don't have your regualr assignments and external exams. Allocate time in the morning so that you can use the remaining day for your regular academics.

Take Arun Sharma aptitudee books as they are famous for CAT rpreparation. Take R.S.AGarwal as the basic book for preparation.

In your prefinal year join a coaching institute like TIME and CAREER LAUNCHER so that you don't miss IIMs.

If you can allocate daily 3-5 hours for CAT while in studies, that is the best preparation

All the best
All the best.

31st January 2012, 03:42 PM
Rapchik007

CAT is not like our general semester exam for which you have the syllabus and you can cover all those and hence can estimate time to cover that.

CAT is all about practicing. The more you practice things the more you become a matured aspirant. Also one of the major factor is, what your current level is?
If you are average or better in english then you will not feel preparing english section. If not then you should start being better right away. You can use some good coaching materials. If you vocab is less than average then start with Word Power Made Easy.

The aptitude and logical problems you should solve one hour daily. A daily exercise with these will help you finding answers without using pen and paper in future.

A daily habit of Newspaper and Magazine reading is very helpful for a would be businessman and also makes you able to write or speak on any random topic. So, read newspaper daily(The Hindu, Economic Times etc).

5th October 2012, 01:13 PM
Unregistered

I am in 2nd yr of b tech....so if i startes preparation now how much time i have to give for CAT and how much time in 4 th year....pls reply

29th January 2013, 12:49 AM
Unregistered

hii i m 3rd year student and i want to know how much tym is needed for preparin cat exam?????

30th January 2013, 09:13 PM
shaboo229

it depends on u and how u prepare?
normally it can be done within 6 to 7 months

11th July 2013, 06:13 PM
Unregistered

I m in third yr at present. Plz suggest me when can I start for cat preparation and the study material needed for such preparation.

21st February 2016, 02:59 PM
Unregistered

I am bcom 4th sem student. Is it the right time to start my CAT coaching now? I have 2 more semesters left. So what will be the duration of the coaching of CAT. If i join now, will it be a good decision??

Do you have any question? or have anything to say?