27th July 2012, 01:44 PM
12nagaraj

How to appear for GATE after passing 2nd year Mechanical?

i am 2nd year mech student.i am interested in appearing for GATE and i want to start preparing for it right from this time.please guide me.

Related Questions:
29th July 2012, 01:06 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to appear for GATE after passing 2nd year Mechanical?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12nagaraj View Post
i am 2nd year mech student.i am interested in appearing for GATE and i want to start preparing for it right from this time.please guide me.
GATE stands for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering and to apply for this examination you have to complete your 4 Years of Engineering course or Post graduate courses. If you have pursuing your Final year of Postgraduate course then you are eligible to apply for next year GATE Examination.

To apply for this examination you must have complete your Graduate degree course in Engineering/Technology/ Architecture.

OR

Completed you post graduate degree course in any branch of Science / Mathematics/ Statistics/Computer Applications or equivalent.

Final year appearing candidates are also eligible to apply for GATE 2013 Examination.

The GATE score is valid for 2 years from the date of issuing of score card.

examination consists of a single paper of 3 hours duration which contains 65 questions carrying a maximum of 100 marks. The question paper will consist of only objective questions. There will be negative marking for each wrong answer, except for the numerical answer type questions. Each GATE paper shall have a General Aptitude component carrying 15 marks.

Please prepared well for this examination as per the pattern and syllabus, only then you will be able to cracked this examination.

Please wait for the Notification, Notification will be update in the website in the month of September.

You can visit the official website to get more details about this examination.

http://gate.iitk.ac.in
29th July 2012, 01:54 PM
anu kumari 2
Senior Member+

post graduate candidate apply for Gate

M.Tech degree leads to specialization and furthering of interest in a certain area which

may lead to Ph.D, M.Tech degree is best for those wishing to apply for Faculty/Research

positions in educational Institutes/R&D centers should take GATE Exam.

Gate Exam Important Dates

The Important Dates for Gate Exam every year
Availability of GATE Exam forms: October, 1st week
Last Date for filling up GATE Exam forms: November, 1st week
GATE Exam Date: 2nd Sunday of February
GATE Exam Results: March 15st

Gate Institute
Indian Institute of Science Bangalore
Indian Institute of Technology Bombay
Indian Institute of Technology Delhi
Indian Institute of Technology Guwahati
Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur
Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur
Indian Institute of Technology Madras
Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee
29th July 2012, 03:40 PM
prashantmeghalia
Senior Member++

Quote:
dear friend,
Preparing for GATE can be as easy as preparing for your college examinations. Just take little cautions while studying any topic and do remember that GATE paper focus on your in depth knowledge of subject, your basics, presence of mind during examination etc.
I’ll recommend following while preparing for your GATE exams people may differ as this is my personnel opinion :

1 Always follow standard books for GATE. Try to cover complete syllabus. If not possible expertise in what ever portion of syllabus you practice.
2 Try preparing notes after reading every chapter/topic. This may initially take some time but will help you while revising before paper.
3 While reading any chapter/topic do ask your self following questions "What", "How", and "Why" and see improvement
4 Best way to prepare is to follow cycle Learn, Test, Analyze, Improve, Learn, Test, Analyze, Improve ……

you can start the preparation from second year of engineering because at that time you will become friendly with the college environment and can give sufficient time to your studies.
for preparing for the gate exam you must atleast study for 3 hours a day and that too with full concentration.
29th July 2012, 04:17 PM
JustShashank

Lightbulb Re: How to appear for GATE after passing 2nd year Mechanical?

Quote:

Being in 2nd year you are not eligible for gate now.
For that you must have completed your b.tech. degree or be in the final year,appearing for degree exam.

However you must start preparing for gate from now onwards.Study seriously whatever is taught in your class as well as keep pace with the gate syllabus.

You can refer P K NAG for thermodynamics,PN MODI for fluid mechanics,DS KUMAR for Mechanics of solids etc.

Thank you!!!!:-o
29th July 2012, 06:35 PM
Srikar achill

Sir you can't write gate at your 2nd year of btech. Eligibility for GATE Examination
The following categories of candidates are eligible to appear for GATE 2012:
*. Bachelor's degree holders in Engineering/Technology/ Architecture (4 years after 10 2) and those who are in the final year of such programmes.
*. Bachelor's degree holders in Engineering/Technology/Architecture (Post-B.Sc./Post-Diploma) and those who are in the final year of such programmes.
*. Master's degree holders in anybranch of Science/Mathematics/ Statistics/Computer Applications or equivalent and those who are in the finalyear of such programmes.
*. Candidates in the second or higher year of the Four-year Integrated Master's degree programme (Post-B.Sc.) in Engineering/Technology.
*. Candidates in the fourth or higher year of Five-year Integrated Master's degree programme or Dual Degree programme in Engineering/Technology.
*. Candidates with qualificationsobtained through examinations conducted by professional societies recognized by UPSC/AICTE (e.g.AMIE by Institute of Engineers (India); AMICE by Institute of Civil Engineers (India)) as equivalent to B.E./B.Tech. Those who have completed section A or equivalent of such professional courses are also eligible.
30th July 2012, 07:37 PM
guri kaur
Senior Member+

hi....!!!

-->one needs to have minium 50% marks to be eligible for the GATE exam.

-->through the GATE exam one can get the admission in M.TECH courses throughout india.

-->you can also go for a job in PSU through GATE score.

-->some of the PSU's that recruit through the GATE score are:-
bharat heavy electricals ltd.(BHEL)
BHARTIYA SANCHAR NIGAM LTD.(BSNL)
INDIAN OIL
STEEL AUTHORITY OF INDIA(SAIL)
POWER GRID CORPAORATION OF INDIA LTD.

ALL THE BEST...GO AHEAD AND WORK HARD BECAUSE HARD WORK IS THE ONLY KEY TO SUCCESS.
7th August 2012, 01:45 PM

Hi,
I think you should have to take an admission to any reputed institute for your GATE Examination.I belive that these institute provide you the proper study material,mock test etc.and you shoul crack your GATE Examination with 1 st attempt.
7th August 2012, 06:09 PM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

GATE - GRADUATE APTITUDE TEST IN ENGINEERING, is an entrance exam conducted by IIT for admission to M.Tech. courses in IITs, NITs, BITS etc.

The candidate must be an Indian National having either appear for the final B.Tech. engineering Degree exam or pass in any stream from a recognised University, is eligible to apply for GATE.

GATE score is valid for 2 years and one can get job opportunity in Public Sector Undertakings on the basis of GATE score.

After passing 2nd year Mechanical it is not possible to appear for GATE but you may start your preparation for GATE after completion of 2nd year of your B.Tech. studies.

For mre information you may log on to http://www.iitk.ac.in
15th August 2012, 05:29 PM
vidh
Senior Member+

Post Re: How to appear for GATE after passing 2nd year Mechanical?

hello,
GATE - GRADUATE APTITUDE TEST IN ENGINEERING, is an entrance exam conducted by IIT for admission to M.Tech. courses in IITs, NITs, BITS etc.

The candidate must be an Indian National having either appear for the final B.Tech. engineering Degree exam or pass in any stream from a recognised University, is eligible to apply for GATE.

GATE score is valid for 2 years and one can get job opportunity in Public Sector Undertakings on the basis of GATE score.

After passing 2nd year Mechanical it is not possible to appear for GATE but you may start your preparation for GATE after completion of 2nd year of your B.Tech. studies.

#8 7th August 2012, 12:45 PM
[email protected] Join Date: Jun 2012

Re: How to appear for GATE after passing 2nd year Mechanical?

Hi,
I think you should have to take

regards
vidhi
15th August 2012, 06:04 PM
vidh
Senior Member+

Lightbulb Re: How to appear for GATE after passing 2nd year Mechanical?

hello,

For mre information you may log on to http://www.iitk.ac.in 7th August 2012 12:45 PM

regards
vidh
15th August 2012, 06:13 PM
manu3

Source: http://entrance-exam.net/forum/general-discussion/how-appear-gate-after-passing-2nd-year-mechanical-887923.html#ixzz23c9THf00
15th August 2012, 06:15 PM
manu3

Sir you can't write gate at your 2nd year of btech. Eligibility for GATE Examination
The following categories of candidates are eligible to appear for GATE 2012:
*. Bachelor's degree holders in Engineering/Technology/ Architecture (4 years after 10 2) and those who are in the final year of such programmes.
*. Bachelor's degree holders in Engineering/Technology/Architecture (Post-B.Sc./Post-Diploma) and those who are in the final year of such programmes.
*. Master's degree holders in anybranch of Science/Mathematics/ Statistics/Computer Applications or equivalent and those who are in the finalyear of such programmes.
*. Candidates in the second or higher year of the Four-year Integrated Master's degree programme (Post-B.Sc.) in Engineering/Technology.
*. Candidates in the fourth or higher year of Five-year Integrated Master's degree programme or Dual Degree programme in Engineering/Technology.
*. Candidates with qualificationsobtained through examinations conducted by professional societies recognized by UPSC/AICTE (e.g.AMIE by Institute of Engineers (India); AMICE by Institute of Civil Engineers (India)) as equivalent to B.E./B.Tech. Those who have completed section A or equivalent of such professional courses are also eligible.

Source: http://entrance-exam.net/forum/general-discussion/how-appear-gate-after-passing-2nd-year-mechanical-887923.html#ixzz23c9aolMz
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?