12th March 2010, 07:55 PM
ameya dandekar

How to apply in chanakya university to join merchant navy b deck cadeting?

I was appearing in 2010 10+2 examination and after that i want to join merchant navy b deck cadeting so please help me and kindly provide me all detail about that and how to apply in chanakya university,Mumbai

13th March 2010, 04:09 PM
nitishinmit
Senior Member+

Default Re: How to apply in chanakya university to join merchant navy b deck cadeting?

for chanakya university
you have to fill separate form
the entrance is through IITJEE
thus qualifying IIT is must
and also after that qualifying the
tests of chanakya university is important
14th March 2010, 05:00 PM
ansh_ansh
Senior Member++++

Default Re: How to apply in chanakya university to join merchant navy b deck cadeting?

for chanakya..............
you have to qualify the iit exam
and also you have to fill up the seperate form ....
14th March 2010, 05:03 PM
ansh_ansh
Senior Member++++

for chanakya..............
you have to qualify the iit exam
and also you have to fill up the seperate form ....
14th March 2010, 09:59 PM
mike shinoda back
Senior Member++

hi...
friend....
for....chanakya....university.........you have to seperately...
filll......an Extra form....
it can....be in the needs....of IITJEE...
without IITJEE....you can't...imagine....of any .....Admission.....
so without...appearing...you Can't think ...
so IITJEE provide a separate....form ...............
fill.......that form...
& there after they took there own test so be prepared for that........
so.....
that form....and lead your way....to be a member of .....Merchant...navy....
good luck...
5th April 2010, 09:40 PM
harsh bhalotia

I was appearing in 2010 10+2 examination and after that i want to join merchant navy b deck cadeting so please help me and kindly provide me all detail about that and how to apply in chanakya university,Mumbai
8th April 2010, 06:13 PM
Bella
Senior Member++++

The procedure for admission is available at http://www.educationinfoindia.com/marinefaq.htm
9th April 2010, 02:43 AM
sadhan
Senior Member+

dear frnd
you have clear IITJEE exam
so prepare well for it
best of luck
9th April 2010, 06:19 PM
amitforever
Senior Member+

dear friend
first of all you have to sit for iit exam and clear it and along with that you have to seperatly fill up a form. detail admission procedure is given in the given below link:
http://www.educationinfoindia.com/marinefaq.htm
o.k.
all the best
10th April 2010, 03:24 PM
nalanda
Senior Member++

hi friend,
for the mercxhant navyfrom chanakya university,Mumbai,
you have to fill up the form of chanakya university,Mumbai along with the iit jee application form,
and you will join only after qualifying in the iit jee exam,
so concentrate on your iit jee exams

good luck
13th April 2010, 08:58 PM
faiyaz
Senior Member++++

@ameya dandekar

For joining Merchant Navy as a Deck Cadet,first you have to persue a one year Pre-sea traning (Diploma).

Pre sea training includes (Deck Cadet/GP Rating and STCW'95 Basic safety Courses).

The minimum eligibility for joining this course is that the candidate must have passed class 12 (PCM) with at least 60 % aggregate including PCM.

However, for joining Chanakya for Pre-sea training Chanakya conducts its own entrance for it.And I think entrance fo year 2010 has beeen conducted.

However, for persuing B.sc (NAutical science) or B>tech (Marine engineering) from chanakya the minimum eligibility is candidate have passed class 12 (PCM) with at least 60 % aggregate including PCM and must have valid IITJEE score.Besides this candidate would medically fit in all respect.

Best of Luck
13th April 2010, 11:26 PM
nalanda
Senior Member++

o k
friend,
there is no any problem,
you have to submit the application form of the iit jee,
as well as the application form of chanakya university to join merchant navy.
and the after qualifying the iit jee exam ,you will take admission in the chanakya university to join merchant navy.
o k
all the best
15th April 2010, 02:37 PM
bond007
Senior Member++

you can apply for it by filling up its application form or if you are appearing for IIT JEE then you can also..............the form is already in the market to purchse......go and purchase it and send it.......
1st May 2010, 12:28 PM
Unregistered

how to apply for admission in chanakya shipping acadamy????????????............
3rd May 2010, 08:19 PM
amarjit
Senior Member++++

dear,
if you have applied for iit exam then only you will be able to apply for chanakya.....

and you will be able to get admission only if you have a good score in iit or you are in the extended merit list .....

best of luck
3rd May 2010, 09:43 PM
SJ.18
Senior Member++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by ameya dandekar View Post
Hi Friend

The admission to this Institute for three year degree course is done through Joint Entrance Exam (JEE) conducted by IIT. Should not be more than 20 years of age, on 1st October and should have cleared screening test of IIT, to apply for this course. After qualifying the screening test of the IIT, If you keen to pursue the career in Merchant Navy, as a Deck Officer, has to fill up an application form which is available at Directorate General of Shipping, Mumbai, and at the selected branches of Syndicate Bank all over India. The advertisement for this, is published in leading news papers of the country in the month of July and December every year, giving procedure for admission.
Good luck
4th May 2010, 12:21 AM
edward
Top Answerer

hey friend there are two ways of getting admission in chanakya institute........

first is,you can buy the admission form for the chanakya institute and sit for the entrance exam...........if you clear it then you will be called for the interview and then for the medical test......after this you can join the institute.................

second is,if you appeared for the IIT JEE entrance exam the after the result get declared you can go for the chanakya institute...........

choose the one which is easy for you.......

all the best
27th May 2010, 01:44 PM
Unregistered

RESPECTED SIR,I ASHISH KR. SECURED 73% IN PCM FROM HP BOARD.I WANT TO JOIN MERCHANT NAVY AS A DECK OFFICER.WILL U TELL ME WHAT WILL BE THE PROCEDURE
AND FEES OF THIS.I ALSO APPLIED TO INDIAN MARITIME UNIVERSITY BUT I DONT KNOW COMPANIES ARE SPONSERED OR NOT IN THIS.SO I REQUEST TO U,PLZ SEND ALL DETAIL IN MY EMAIL ID .I.E.
[email protected].
30th May 2010, 02:03 PM
atanu
Senior Member++

hi friend,
if you want to join the chanakaya then you have to fill up the application form of the chanakaya along with the iit jee form,and after getting qualified in the iit jee you can take admission in the merchant navy from chanakaya.
31st May 2010, 12:50 AM
danish_ejaz

Smile Re: How to apply in chanakya university to join merchant navy b deck cadeting?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ameya dandekar View Post
to get admission into T S Chanakya you have to fill separate form but the selection will be through IIT JEE whaen the IIT seats are fulled then the some of the rest candidates are called for T S Chanakya
31st May 2010, 01:13 AM
phuchi

dear friend,
To apply in chanakya university to join merchant navy deck cadeting you have to sit for entrance exam IITJEE and clear it and your 10+2 marks should be 60%
all the best
31st May 2010, 02:46 AM
kool
Senior Member++

dear friend, for admission in TS Chanakya you have to fill the form of TSChanakya & IIT-JEE also.
because if you crack IIT-JEE then you will be called for marine engineering engineering in T S Chanakya. you must be physically fit for this course.
generally student which rank is above 5000 opt marine engineering.
so appear IIT-JEE & crack it with some good rank.
good luck
31st May 2010, 03:42 PM
bholag

my dear friend,
to get admission in chanakya university to join merchant navy deck cadeting you have sit for entrance exam IITJEE and you have to clear IITJEE but then after you have to compete another test conducted by chanakya university.
31st July 2010, 06:49 PM
N.MD.AZHARUDDIN
Senior Member+

hii friend you need to face the entrance for this college iit je if you get passed you can join and get admitted in this college.............

regards
azhar
13th October 2010, 11:47 PM
Unregistered

Dear sir,
I am in 12th now and i want to do nautical B.s.c degree/diploma from mumbai university and plz guide us how to apply for this!
25th October 2010, 05:12 PM
Unregistered

Dear sir,
I am completed my 12th in arts group plz guide how to apply for marchant navy.
8th December 2010, 02:37 PM
Unregistered

hello
sir when i got marks 60 in iit jee then can i aply marchant nevy.......
plzz ans my id is [email protected]
11th December 2010, 06:04 PM
Unregistered

HOW MANY MINIMUM RANK WE HAVE TO GET IN IIT JEE EXAMINATION TO JOIN IN CHANAKYA INTITUTE FOR BNS COURSE......
15th December 2010, 02:17 PM
deepaks

hi....i jus want to know wat is the minimum rank required in IIT-JEE for getting admission in TS chanakya for sc candidates?plz help
26th December 2010, 08:04 PM
Unregistered

one request to those who want to sugest the procedure for applying in merchent neavy from where we can get the form for direct written test of t.s. chanakya any body can give write info pls don't missguide all the seekers
19th April 2011, 06:56 PM
Unregistered

from where we have to collect the application form for ins chanakya
8th June 2011, 11:31 PM
Unregistered

I m join merchent navy in chanakya?
Where will betake Cha.y. Collage antrance form ?
8th October 2011, 11:48 AM
Unregistered

how to apply for chanakya institute after b.tech in mechanical engineering and what are the requirements and what are the medical requirements???
7th January 2012, 07:59 PM
Unregistered

i am 17 years old i am willing to join merchant navy but my eye power is-7/-5 can it can be corrected by lasik operation up to which age this operation can be taken in to consideration for joining merchant navy?
31st March 2012, 12:11 PM
jobsee

For joining Merchant Navy as a Deck Cadet,first you have to persue a one year Pre-sea traning (Diploma).

Pre sea training includes (Deck Cadet/GP Rating and STCW'95 Basic safety Courses).

The minimum eligibility for joining this course is that the candidate must have passed class 12 (PCM) with at least 60 % aggregate including PCM.

However, for joining Chanakya for Pre-sea training Chanakya conducts its own entrance for it.And I think entrance fo year 2010 has beeen conducted.
31st March 2012, 10:16 PM
poole

To join the merchant navy first of all you need to have an degree in marine engineering or must have completed your pre-sea training. Thereafter you have the option to join either the Indian Shipping companies or join a foreign shipping company. By joining the Indian Shipping company you will mostly be required to travel near the Indian Continental. However there are some shipping companies which have requirements to travel to the western side. The foreign shipping companies do have there offices set up in the country, mostly in Mumbai. Foreign companies mostly offer better pay scales compared to Indian Shipping companies. Either ways you need to approach them with your qualifications. If found suitable they will have a contract with you. Some companies have contract for the period you will be sailing. You will need to renew your contract on rejoining. You need to collect the list of the companies and approach them directly.
3rd June 2012, 07:34 PM
Unregistered

What is the minimum rank/mark for admission in t.s.chanakya as bsc nautical sceince???
My gmail id,
[email protected]
3rd June 2012, 07:35 PM
Unregistered

What is the minimum rank/mark for admission in t.s.chanakya as bsc nautical sceince???
My gmail id,
[email protected]
8th May 2013, 01:00 PM
Unregistered

I HAVE PASSED MY 10 2 IN 2012 AND HAVE PUT GAP DUE SOME FAMILY PROBLEM AND RECENTLY GIVEN JEE MAIN EXAM AND WANT TO JOIN MERCHANT NAVY AND WANT TO HAVE ADDMISSION IN BSC NAUTICAL SCIENCE. WHAT IS MINIMUM MARKS/RANK FOR ADMISSION IN T.S CHANAKYA

MY ID : [email protected]
MOBILE NO: 9988896751
4th August 2013, 06:12 PM
Unregistered

Hiii
I m pushkar & i m secured 62% but i m from nios board do plzzz tell me can how i join t s chadakya collage
29th January 2014, 11:24 PM
Unregistered

hiii
I m nikhil, Is there any chance..to join merchant navy after completing graduate in b.com.....from mumbai university
21st February 2016, 02:04 PM
Unregistered

what is the minimum % of marks needed in iit jee exam for admission in ts chankya for bsc in nautical science course
12th May 2016, 10:06 AM
Unregistered

Dear sir good day, I got 50 marks in iit /jee means could not qualify in IIT / jee entrance, is there any option to apply your academy's seprate entrance exam....
Best regards
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?