7th May 2015, 12:26 AM
Nandhaguru

How to apply for crime branch police job? What is the procedure followed?

Sir/Mam,
I am completing 10+2, i want crime branch police job. How to apply? this help me plz....? I just wanted to know if I would be eligible to apply after completion of 12th? or is there more education qualification is required? Awaiting to get a reply soon. Thank you.

7th May 2015, 06:43 AM
shekhartyagi50

Default Re: How to apply for crime branch police job? What is the procedure followed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nandhaguru View Post
Sir/Mam,
I am completing 10+2, i want crime branch police job. How to apply? this help me plz....? I just wanted to know if I would be eligible to apply after completion of 12th? or is there more education qualification is required? Awaiting to get a reply soon. Thank you.
For crime branch you have a separate exam called as CGPE stands for combined graduate preliminary exam this can lead you to the CBI level courses.
This is the best way to go for such a prestigious job.
You must have a graduation in any discipline and Age requirement is between 21 to 27 years.
ANd you can directly go the information from official site of CBI www.cbi.com where you will have carrier section and can get knowledge about the registration dates and more.
So it is cleared that you can go for the graduation after your 12th exam for such an exam and than you can find a way to go there.
7th May 2015, 07:51 AM
manojbadoniya
Senior Member+

Default Re: How to apply for crime branch police job? What is the procedure followed?

There are various branches in Police Force such as :

STF - Special Task Force
SB - Special Branch
CB - Crime Branch
GD - General Duty Police
CID - Crime Investigation Department

Now you need to know that recruitment of police constables, and officers is done through the examination and procedure conducted by the local state government.

A state government conduct recruitment of Constables/ Sub Inspectors in the state and selection of candidates is based on their performance given in examination, physical test, medical test and interview then only they are selected for various posts.

If a candidate having higher marks in examination and qualified in physical fitness and other tests including interview then the candidate will be given Special Branch or STF because these are the top level branches and only those candidates joins who have highest marks of all appeared for examination.

There is one more condition that, if you have highest marks then you will be offered to select a branch or department as per your choice and area to work as well so this is the best way to join crime branch department.

Constables and SIs are directly recruited to CID and Crime Branch if candidate having good marks in written examination with good percentage marks in his/her academic background and for your kind notice, offers of crime branch do not wear dress of the police force, they are just in formal wear with good attitude and manners.

If you secure less marks and your marks found enough to be in the list of finalists then you will be provided job in General Duty where a constable/ SI need to work in local police stations and thanas under Town Inspector and other higher level officers.

Finally, you need to apply for this examination and to apply for this test, you should have passed class 12th from a recognized board and your age should not be less than 18 years and more than 28 years but maximum age limit is different in some states so check the official notice of the recruitment.

Being in Special Branch is also a reputed job because all cases which could not be solved by lower departments are directly sent to special branch and special branches handles some big level cases highlighted in the area so this gives a lot to learn in the job so you must prefer this department to work with.
7th May 2015, 11:10 AM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

Dear with 10+2 you are not eligible to apply for Crime branch police job. If you are intersted to settle in Crime branch then you need to complete Graduation first. And there after you need to give exams like which are given below.

You can get a job in Crime branch with the following ways.

1.UPSC Civil's

2.SSC Combined Graduate Level Examination

Through Civil's you will become a IPS Officer with this you will have a chance to become a Crime branch officer.

And You will become a Officer level in CBI or IB with SSC CGL score. Thus you will have two options in front of you if you completed the Graduation first.

These are the options to become a Crime branch officer. Or else you will become Crime branch Officer once you have experienced in Police department.
7th May 2015, 02:35 PM
Pwg_31
Senior Member+

Crime Branch is one of the spy department of the CBI. Its exam is conducted by UPSC and SSC and then selections are made for different departments according to the ranks and caliber of candidate.

>> For this first of all you need to be a graduate. Your stream doesn't make much difference, but the important thing is that you need to be a graduate form a recognized university of India.

>> Age criteria.
21 years completed as on 1st Jan of the year in which exam is conducted
Maximum years-27

>>Age relaxation-
3 years for OBC
5 years for SC/ST
upto 10 years for PWD

>> Exam Pattern-

Part 1
general awareness -50
general knowledge -50
numerical ability -50
english comprehension -50

Part 2
Arithmetical abilities - 200
english language and comprehension - 200

Part 3
Interview - 100
7th May 2015, 07:44 PM
chintu helper
Senior Member++

Thumbs up Re: How to apply for crime branch police job? What is the procedure followed?

Candidates who wish to join the Crime Branch must write the Union Public Service Commission Examination.

Eligibility:-
1. Graduation with a minimum of 55% marks are eligible to appear for this exam.
2. They must be at least 20 years at the time of applying. SC/ST/OBC candidates must be upto 28 years when they apply.
3. The candidates who qualify in the written test will be later called for a Physical Test and Interview.
4. You must be an Indian

Age Relaxation:-
3 years relaxation for OBC candidates.
5 years relaxation for Sc/ST.
10 Years for Physical Handicapped.

Selection Process:-
::Preliminary Exam
::Main Exam
::Interview
24th February 2019, 06:40 PM
Unregistered

I'm Hsc Passed, I have one Question, 10 2 Can Be able to apply For Crime Branch or not?
8th July 2019, 09:42 AM
Unregistered

I have completed my graduation in the year 2018. How can I apply for job in crime branch?
18th April 2020, 01:28 PM
Unregistered

I wanted to apply for Crime branch police job,I had qualified 12th H.S.C from MUMBAI University ,my age is 29 could i ? be able to apply for Crime branch.
26th July 2020, 05:39 PM
Unregistered

My Age is 24 and I want to apply for Crime Branch..Is it possible
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?