5th June 2018, 01:38 AM
Unregistered

How to become an Astronaut being a 12th Commerce student?

Hello Sir, I am studying in 12th standard with Commerce stream. But my aim is to become an Astronaut. It is my fault to chose Commerce stream. So, I just want to know that how I can become an Astronaut in this case?

6th June 2018, 10:58 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to become an Astronaut being a 12th Commerce student?

After completing your 12th class, to become an astronaut you must have a degree with any subject biological science, / physical science,/ mathematics, / space science etc.

Or you have B.Tech in aerospace engineering, aeronautical engineering / mechanical / electrical Engineering from a recognised University/ board with good marks.

Aftet completing your degree you can start your career in any of space research or organisation like ISRO, NASA.
6th June 2018, 11:14 PM
sampathkumar29
Senior Member+++++

No, you cannot become an astronaut with 12th commerce.

The eligibility required for becoming an astronaut are mentioned below:

- The candidate should be a citizen of India.
- The candidate should have studied graduation level degree in aeronautical or its related subject with minimum 60% from any recognized university.
- The minimum age limit is 21 years. The upper age limit varies based on the post.

For studying any graduation level degree in aeronautical related subject you should have studied 10+2 in PCM related subjects from any recognized board.
Since you have chosen 12th commerce you are not eligible for becoming Astronaut.
9th June 2018, 03:13 PM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

For becoming Astronaut, knowledge of Physics, Chemistry as well as Mathematics is very important.

As you have studied from Commerce stream, so you may not have studied these subjects.

In order to become Astronaut anyhow, you can repeat 11th and 12th standard with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics subject after which you can apply for engineering entrance exams.

There, you will have to choose Aeronautical Engineering or Aerospace Engineering as your preferred engineering branch and then after graduation you can apply for Junior Scientist post in Space Organization.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?