11th April 2018, 01:09 AM
Unregistered

Steps to become an Astronaut for 12th candidate?

Hello everyone, I want to become as Astronaut. Right now I have just given a Board exam of 12th standard. I want to know how I will become an astronaut? Please let me know about this immediately.

23rd April 2018, 02:29 AM
shantanu bose
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Steps to become an Astronaut for 12th candidate?

Steps to become Astronaut:

>> Complete class 12 in Science stream with Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects.
>> Then, take admission in a graduation course in physics.
>> After completing Graduation, take admission in Masters course of Astrophysics.
>>After that, do Ph.D course and make sure that you have given your best in every steps.
>> After you are done with doctorate course, you can sit for the exam, which is held by NASA for the recruitment of scientists and astronauts. Or , in order to join ISRO, one needs to clear the Joint Entrance Exam which is held by the IITs.
24th April 2018, 12:50 AM
Bhaak Burbak
Senior Member++++

To become an Astronaut in the National Aeronautics and Space Administration.

First of all my suggestion to you is that after 12th grade with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics you have to take admission in B.Tech course.

The applicant needs to obtain any one of the following degrees from reputed institutes like IISC or IIT.

After completing graduation you can appear for the entrance exam for the recruitment of Astronauts.

Educational Qualification:

You have to pass a Bachelor's Degree in engineering, biological science, or mathematics from a recognized university.

Your degree must be followed by at least 3 years of related professional experience or at least 1,000 pilots in command time in jet aircraft.

After fulfilling all eligibility and physical standards you are definitely eligible for Astronaut.
24th April 2018, 08:09 PM
Angry Girl
Senior Member+++++

You want to become an Astronaut in future, then you have to appear in ISAT exam.

ISAT exam is conducted by IIST (Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology).

Eligibility for ISAT exam:

1. Candidate must have complete the 12th in Science field with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.

2. Candidate must have secure 70% aggregate in PCM.

3. Age should not more than 25 years.

4. Relaxation is available for reserved category.

These are the eligibility criteria you have to fulfill.

Through this exam you can get admission in B.Tech course in Aerospace Engineering, Avionics, Physical Science..
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?