29th December 2011, 08:52 PM
Unregistered

What should I study after 12th to become an Astronaut? Percentage needed to join the course? Any coaching to prepare from 6th Std?

what should I study after 12th to become Astronout? What percentage should i need to join in that course? Do i get any coaching to prepare from 6th Std?

1st February 2012, 01:14 AM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What should I study after 12th to become an Astronaut? Percentage needed to join the course? Any coaching to prepare from 6th Std?

To become an Astronaut you have to get minimum 70% marks in class 12 examinations with science as your subject. 10% relaxation for reserved candidates. There are several universities like IIT Mumbai, IIAE Uttarakhand, IIST, MIT Madras, etc., which offers undergraduate and postgraduate programs in Avionics & Aerospace engineering. You have to clear the entrance exam to pursue the UG course. For example, Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology offers undergraduate course. To take admission to the undergraduate programmes you have to appear for the IIST Admission Test (ISAT) conducted every year. For more details refer the official website: www. iist.ac.in
If you get admission for the course then you will be on the path to pursue your dream of becoming an astronaut.
4th November 2012, 04:31 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: What should I study after 12th to become an Astronaut? Percentage needed to join the course? Any coaching to prepare from 6th Std?

What is the cut off % of different colleges & universites which provides astro physics as its faculty
26th March 2016, 06:23 AM
Unregistered

I am in grade 10 and I want to be a pilot, which step should I follow to become an Astronaut?
13th January 2017, 11:43 AM
Unregistered

Right now I am in 10th standards i want to become astronaut so,May I know what are the qualification of astronaut.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?