26th July 2017, 08:13 AM
Unregistered

How to become an IAS officer? How to prepare for IAS exam?

Sir, I have got 43%, 44% and 50% in 10th, 12th and graduation. Now, I want to become an IAS officer. So, please tell me what should I do for it? How to prepare for IAS exam?

2nd August 2017, 09:52 PM
Badtameez Dil
Senior Member++

Default Re: How to become an IAS officer? How to prepare for IAS exam?

Your percentage of marks in academics will never become hindrance in becoming Indian Administrative Services officer. What it requires to become IAS officer is hard work, strong determination towards goal, ability to rise from successive failure and a bit of luck also.

Students who are graduate can apply for Union Public Service Commission Civil Services examination. Civil Services examination is one of the prestigious examination of India for recruitment to different services like IAS, IPS, IRS, IFS etc. The minimum age to apply for this exam is 21 years.

Stages of the exam:

Preliminary exam: Of qualifying nature.

Mains exam and last stage is interview. Marks obtained in mains exam and interview decides rank in this exam. For allotment of IAS, candidate's rank should be below 100.

Reading newspaper and understanding geopolitics, economic and national issues, international affairs etc are essential for this exam. The zero level of preparation starts with NIOS, NCERT humanities books.
3rd August 2017, 08:06 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

To be an IAS ( Indian Administrative Service ) officer you need to qualify Civil Services examination held by UPSC once every year.

* The minimum criteria required for appearing in the same examination are as here under :-

a) You must have the citizenship of India.

b) Your age must lie within 21 years to 32 years. Age relaxation is allowed for reserved category candidates as per the government norms.

c) You must have completed your graduation degree with any discipline from a recognized university. Students pursuing final year of same degree are also eligible.

As far as you are concerned about the preparation for same examination then I would like to you know that the same examination is considered as one of the toughest examination which requires total dedication and determination. To begin with you need to have the habit of going through Newspaper and general studies paper. Also you need to have memorized NCERT textbooks from Class VI onwards of almost all subjects. Apart from this you need to be very good at writing skills, thinking skills etc. with through knowledge. For better assistance about the same examination you can join coaching centre meant for Civil Services preparation.

For more details regarding pattern of Civil Services examination you can refer to the link www.upsc.gov.in.
4th August 2017, 11:00 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

A person can become Indian Administrative Services officer by passing all stages of Civil Services examination. The stages of Civil Services exam:

1. Preliminary examination.

2. Main examination.

3. Personal interview.

Candidate should be graduate to apply for this exam. The age limit is 21-32 years.

How to prepare:

Read newspaper like The Hindu or The Indian Express everyday for contemporary issues.

Focus on NCERT books for concepts of social science and science stream subjects.

Solve mock tests to test your knowledge.
5th August 2017, 10:17 AM
yogeshsharma3047
Senior Member+++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir, I have got 43%, 44% and 50% in 10th, 12th and graduation. Now, I want to become an IAS officer. So, please tell me what should I do for it? How to prepare for IAS exam?

IAS(Indian Administrative Services) is the civil services exam carried out by UPSC every year to recruit new candidates for Indian Administrative civil services exam.

Eligibility and details regarding IAS exam:-

>> Candidate going to apply for the IAS exam must be Indian citizen.

>> Minimum qualification required to apply for IAS exam is Bachelors from government recognized institute.

>> Age limit to apply for the IAS exam is 21 to 32 years for general category candidate. There is 5 year relaxation in age limit for candidate belongs to SC/ST category and 3 year relaxation is provided for OBC category candidates.

>> Number of attempts allowed for general category candidate is 6 attempts and for OBC candidate 9 attempts are allowed and for candidate belongs to SC/ST category no limit to apply for the exam till the maximum age limit is crossed.

Procedure to Apply For IAS exam:-

>> First of all candidate have to fill the application form for the Civil Services Exam carried out by UPSC which is easily available at the post offices. After filling the application form send it to the following address.

The Secretary,
Union Public Service Commission,
Dholpur House,
New Delhi – 110011.

>> After your application received you have to go through three steps of selection and those steps are as follows:-

1). Preliminary exam:- There are two papers in preliminary exam .

:- General Knowledge:- Exam is of 200 marks and duration of exam is 2 hours.

:- Comprehension and Logical Reasoning:- Exam carries 200 marks and duration of exam is 2 hours.

2). Main exam :- It contains five exams.

:- Essay time language qualifying exam:- Carries 300 marks.

:- English qualifying exam:- Carries 300 marks.

:- General Essay type exam:- Carries 200 marks.

:- General Studies Exam:- Carries 300 marks.

:- Optional subjects exam :- Carries 300 marks.

3). Personal Interview:- Candidate who have cleared the written exam is called for the interview.

Good luck.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?