20th April 2014, 03:12 AM
saiyam mehandi

How can I become an IAS officer? I am a student of 11th commerce

Sir/madam.....i am a student of 11commerce.I want to become an ias officer so for this i want to prepare from now .I have no knowledge about its preparations and procedures .can i know that how i should start my studies to prepare for ias.which book i should start studying

11th June 2014, 11:17 AM
nareshsunrise
Senior Member++

Default Re: How can I become an IAS officer? I am a student of 11th commerce

I appreciate your interest towards IAS to serve the country.

IAS stands for Indian Administrative Service. It is one of the popular civil service in India.

In order to be place in IAS or any other civil service, one should crack the following selection procedure.

CSAT (Civil Services Aptitude Test)
Civil Services Main Exam
Interview

CSAT Exam is being conducted by UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) once in a year to recruit the candidates into all the civil services like
-Indian Administrative Service
-Indian Police Service
-Indian Foreign Service etc.

One should have completed Graduation with any of the stream to apply for CSAT Exam.

One should possess an age between 21-30 years to apply for this Exam.

Relaxation is there in percentage of marks upto 3 years for the candidates of OBC category and upto 5 years for the candidates of SC or ST category.

Soon after the completion of 12th class, opt for Graduation with any of the following streams
B.COm
BBA
BBM etc.

and start preparation for civil services exam.

You can pick any of the following subjects as the optional subject for Main Exam
Economics
Commerce
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?