9th September 2012, 12:39 PM
Unregistered

How to become a lecturer in computer field if I am studying Bsc computer science

i am study in B.Sc computer science final year. My ambition to become a Leture for the computer field but i am confused because some of them told M.sc is better, others told for MCA is so which is best then which colleges to study me

Related Questions:
  1. How to become a lecturer in computer field if I am studying Bsc computer science
  2. What is the scope in BSc computer science field? Which is better after doing BSc computer Science, MCA or MSc? -- [Most Discussed]
  3. Can I do MCA or MBA after studying BSc computer science
  4. Which course shall I opt for between M.Tech and MS after completion of BE in Computer Science to join as Lecturer in Engineering Colleges?
  5. How to start a career in Film Writing (Telugu media)?
  6. Which course should I select after studying BSc computer science? I am interested in computer science field
  7. What is the initial salary for freshers? I have done BSc computer science
  8. Cutoff marks and the fee structure of the Kochi Law school
  9. Which course to choose to become a Lecturer in a good college having completed M.Sc in Computer Science and working in a Company?
  10. Courses which I can do after qualifying HS exam from CBSE with 85.6% in science stream and 9/100 in CS? Future prospects in BSc computer science honors?
  11. Eligiblity to pursue B.Sc in Computer Science for 12th PCB student? List of colleges with placement facility in Lucknow? How B.Sc(Computer Science) is differ from B.Sc(IT)? -- [New]
  12. Can i do B.Sc(Computer science) without studying Computers in 12th standard?
  13. Government job and defence job opportunities after BSc Computer Science?
  14. How can I do Ph.D in Dravidian university? I've completed msw M.Phil
  15. Which is the best field among Electronics and Telecommunication, Computer Science and Computer Engineering? Difference between both?
  16. Can I do B.Ed after completing BSc computer science? I want to do a job as a lecturer
  17. Is is possible to go in research field of computer after doing MSc in computer science?
  18. When and how can I obtain NEET form?
14th September 2012, 05:38 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to become a lecturer in computer field if I am studying Bsc computer science

Both the courses will be beneficial to get in to the post of lecturer. After completing MCA or M.Sc you can get in to the post of guest lecturer. For permanent positions you must qualify NET examination. Post graduate degree in the concerned stream is enough to apply for NET. Admission to both these courses is done through entrance exams. Generally MCA is considered better option.
14th September 2012, 06:30 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to become a lecturer in computer field if I am studying Bsc computer science

If your aim is to become lecturer then it does not matter whether you go for M.Sc or the MCA. You would end up becoming lecturer for same subject. I don't think it would matter much when applying for lecturer job. Therefore you can choose any one of the two options.

However if you have intention to take some other job then I would say that MCA is better option, although some people would disagree and feel that M.Sc in Computer Science is better option. There is no clear verdict on this debate, therefore you can choose whatever course you like. There are more jobs for MCA candidates in private sector comparing to M.Sc Computer Science in India.

To make thing simple for you M.Sc (Computer Science) is good option if you want to make career in hardware and networking, VSLI/Embedded Systems, Robotics, Information Security, Artificial Intelligence, Wireless Communications etc.

On the other hand MCA is recommended to candidates who are interested in web development, database administration, software development, Hardware and networking etc. Therefore depending on your future aspiration, one should select between the two courses.

In your case the aim is Lectureship due to which I would say that if you do not have any interest in the fields I mentioned above then pick whatever you like. Once you have completed the post graduation course, apply for the National Eligibility Test.

The University Grants Commission, National Eligibility Test is for candidates who wish to apply for Lectureship and PhD. The exam is conducted twice a year by the UGC. Below are the eligibility details about the exam.

Eligibility

1. Candidate should have post graduation degree in any stream.

2. He/She must secure at least 55 percent marks in post graduation course.

3. There is five percent relaxation in percentage for SC/ST.

4. Final year students of Master course may also apply on the condition that they would submit the degree within 2 years of passing NET.

5. The subject for M.Sc (Computer Science) and MCA would be Computer Science and Application.

6. The age limit for JRF is 28 years with up to 5 years relaxation for SC/ST/OBC.

7. There is no upper age limit for Lectureship.

8. There is no limit on number of attempts.
14th September 2012, 08:09 PM
bhargavipooja

Quote:
Originally Posted by imira View Post
Both the courses will be beneficial to get in to the post of lecturer. After completing MCA or M.Sc you can get in to the post of guest lecturer. For permanent positions you must qualify NET examination. Post graduate degree in the concerned stream is enough to apply for NET. Admission to both these courses is done through entrance exams. Generally MCA is considered better option.
If your aim is to become lecturer then it does not matter whether you go for M.Sc or the MCA. You would end up becoming lecturer for same subject. I don't think it would matter much when applying for lecturer job. Therefore you can choose any one of the two options.

However if you have intention to take some other job then I would say that MCA is better option, although some people would disagree and feel that M.Sc in Computer Science is better option. There is no clear verdict on this debate, therefore you can choose whatever course you like. There are more jobs for MCA candidates in private sector comparing to M.Sc Computer Science in India.

To make thing simple for you M.Sc (Computer Science) is good option if you want to make career in hardware and networking, VSLI/Embedded Systems, Robotics, Information Security, Artificial Intelligence, Wireless Communications etc.

On the other hand MCA is recommended to candidates who are interested in web development, database administration, software development, Hardware and networking etc. Therefore depending on your future aspiration, one should select between the two courses.

for getting jobs in gov. college as lecturer you have to clear net exam.
and ofcouse there is preference for Phd person. but dont worry just prepare for net exam and give all your efforts.

with best wishes!!!!
14th September 2012, 08:15 PM
sandeepsaini.saini522
Senior Member+++++

hi,
It is nice that you want to become teacher.
You can become teacher after m.sc(computer science) by applying net exam.
NET exam stands for national eligiblity test which is conducted by university grant commision.
Dear you must have passed master course from a recngnized university with 55%.
There is no age limit.
5 years age relaxation is given to sc/st category student.
There is no limit for number of attempet.
For more:-
www.ugc.ac.in
14th September 2012, 11:03 PM
jayks

HOW TO BECOME LECTURER

Eligibility for Lecturer

-Candidate should hold at least a master's degree in any of the relevant subject with minimum 55% marks in recognized university or college

-Higher qualification are always preferred.

Required Skills to become Lecturer

-Very god Teaching techniques and Knowledge

-Basic knowledge of your Subject

-Good communication Skill

STEP TO BECOME LECTURER

Step-1

Candidate who interested to become lecturer has to appear in UGE_NET exam which is held twice a year and pass it.
this is the only hurdle to be cleared to be eligible to get a job as a lecturer in college.

Step-2

After clearing UGC-NET does not gives guarantee of any job it is just a condition to be cleared and searching for vacancy and apply

Step-3
After cleared NET one has to individually apply against the post advertisement by various college

Step-4
then college call for interviews and take written test or direct interviews

step -5
after cleared successfully interviews you got your job as lecturer

All the best
2nd October 2012, 02:33 AM
Unregistered

what i do to become a lecturer in a college after M.Sc. in coputer science
14th July 2014, 01:54 PM
Unregistered

what wil be the salary of a freshly joined lecturer in a degree college or btech college?
7th August 2014, 05:43 PM
Unregistered

Engineering Sciences candidates will only be eligible for CSIR JRF ship and are advised to opt for JRF only in the application form. Why it is said so in the notification for NET 2014. Iam a postgraduate in computer science who wants to go for lectureship .it is not possible?
23rd January 2017, 12:40 PM
Unregistered

Hi, can a B.E. Computer science graduate apply for lecturer post in arts and science college?
8th June 2017, 02:29 AM
Shahid khan 123

Hi I have completed my 12th and I have taken BSC nutrition so I want to know is it beneficial for me as I want to become a lecturer
8th June 2017, 02:36 AM
Shahid khan 123

Hi I have completed my 12th and I have taken bsc nutrition so I want to know whether it is beneficial or not as I have to become a government lecturer so please help me
14th December 2018, 11:05 PM
Unregistered

I have completed m.tech computer science and engineering.can I apply arts and science colleges for lecture ship.
What's is the eligibility criteria for permanent post?
Can I apply for permanent post in arts and science colleges?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?