11th January 2014, 05:44 PM
Unregistered

How can I appear for IAS? What should I prefer after 12th? What should I do between BSc and B.Tech?

I am a science student nd want to appear for IAS so what should i prefer after 12.???
What should i do bsc or b.tech??

12th January 2014, 08:44 PM
nareshsunrise
Senior Member++

Default Re: How can I appear for IAS? What should I prefer after 12th? What should I do between BSc and B.Tech?

Many of the candidates will think that only those candidates who are from Arts or commerce stream are eligible to join as IAS officers.

But that is wrong. All the candidates irrespective of their domain, they are eligible to become IAS officers. But only thing is that they should complete their Graduation in order to be a part of selection procedure.

As you have completed 12th class in Science stream, my suggestion for you would be to opt for Graduation in B.Sc with life science stream.

Better to opt for B.Sc with the following subjects
Botany
Zoology
Chemistry as major subjects.

The reason why I am suggesting this group is ,

-the duration of B.Sc course is just 3 years where as to complete B.Tech it will take 4 years.

-in B.Tech you may or may not have life science subjects but in B.Sc definitely these subjects will be available.

-These subjects will be there in the list of optional subjects for civil services exam.

Out of these subjects, give much priority to one subject and gain in depth subject knowledge.

The same subject you can choose in the list of optional subjects and then you can easily crack it.

Wish you all the best.
27th February 2017, 11:18 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: How can I appear for IAS? What should I prefer after 12th? What should I do between BSc and B.Tech?

What course should be chosen by a computer science student after 12th to become an IAS officer
2nd September 2017, 11:38 AM
Unregistered

I am studying 12th class, I want to become a collector in which subject s I must focus, and books to achieve IAS officer?
25th November 2017, 06:43 PM
nishanth60

#The minimum educational qualification required to apply for IAS examination which is conducted by UPSC every year is Graduation in any discipline from recognised institution/university.
#So,after 12 th,you have to complete your graduation,in the stream which you feel better to apply for IAS examination.
#And the age limit to apply for IAS examination is 21-32 years and the age relaxations are 3 years for OBC candidates,5 years for SC/ST candidates.
#The selection process of IAS exam is preliminary examination,mains,personal interview and medical fitness test.
#And the maximum number of attempts allowed are : 4 for General category, 7 for OBC candidates and there is no such limit for SC/ST candidates.
#For further information please visit www.upsc.gov.in
26th November 2017, 11:38 AM
srkallinone

You can choose any one as your bachelor's degree to appear the entrance exam IAS. You should also think about your career if you will not qualify the IAS, then bachelor's degree will help to make a career as a second option. B.Sc and B.Tech both are the good to make a career. Now you will have to decide which one is better for you and in which you are more interested to make a career.

Eligibility Criteria For IAS
- You must have passed bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized university.
- Your age must be between 21 to 32 years. Age Relaxation available 3 years for OBC & 5 years for SC/ST.
- Maximum attempts allowed are 6 for General, 9 for OBC and No limit for SC/ST.
4th December 2018, 12:17 PM
Unregistered

Default who conduct KCET 2019?

KCET 2019 is conducted by Karnataka Examination Authority. KCET examination will be conducted on 4th week of april 2019. KCET will released it application form in 1st week of feb 2019. candidates can visit official website for registration.

https://nextincareer.com/kcet-2019/
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?