17th May 2016, 04:24 PM
Unregistered

How can I become an ISRO Scientist or Astronaut to become a Bachelor of Mechanical engineering?

Hi sir,
I am Jaseem,am a Bachelor of mechanical engineering.my dream to become an astronaut, i want a info about an entrance and qualifications of ISRO ,i want to join in space research field,am doing aviation course to be a pilot.......please help me to join as a scientist in ISRO

THANKING YOU
YOUR FAITHFULLY,
JASEEM.A

22nd July 2016, 02:43 PM
Pwg_31
Senior Member+

Default Re: How can I become an ISRO Scientist or Astronaut to become a Bachelor of Mechanical engineering?

Now there is no specific course for an astronaut. For a mission, all the requirements are analysed and then it is selected that for a particular mission whether we need a mechanical engineer, a medical expert , an electrical engineer or a scientist. So, selection is according to that. But you can apply for it, only if you are a part of ISRO.

Now, how to get into ISRO.
After intermediate, there is an Exam that is conducted by ISRO. You could have prepared for that. Though it was really difficult to crack that exam (difficult than JEE) as the competition is cut throat but since you seem to have the passion towards ISRO you could have got through that.

Now since you have missed this chance, so now after your B.tech also there are various entries that ISRO offers on regular basis. Like for example, recently there were posts of Group-B scientists for which b.tech graduates could apply. So, you can plan for that also.

Regrading the sources from where you can get the notifications, i would advise you to subscribe some forums like

~governmentjobsalert.com
~freejobsalaert.com
~entrance exam.net

or you can directly visit ISRO official site.
www.isro.gov.in/
23rd September 2018, 06:39 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: How can I become an ISRO Scientist or Astronaut to become a Bachelor of Mechanical engineering?

My goal is to become a astronomer and astrophysicist but i completed diploma in mechanical engineering. What can i do after diploma to become an astronomer and astrophysicist? Which course is suitable for me
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?