24th December 2012, 08:39 PM
chetan singh tanwar

How can I become a professor of Mathematics if I am a student of Mechanical 2nd year

I am a student of mechanical 2nd year.I wants to become a professor of mathematics .Is it possible ?

30th March 2016, 11:06 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I become a professor of Mathematics if I am a student of Mechanical 2nd year

No, as per your educational qualification, you are not eligible for recruitment as professor in colleges.

To become an assistant professor minimum required qualification is candidate must have passed NET/SET examination. The eligibility to appear for NET/SET is candidates must have passed master's degree from any recognised university with minimum 55%.

So, you have to wait till your master's degree to become eligible for recruitment as professor.
31st March 2016, 11:10 AM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I become a professor of Mathematics if I am a student of Mechanical 2nd year

Sorry, bachelor degree candidates are not eligible for recruitment as a professor. So, you are not eligible for recruitment a professor.

As, the minimum required qualification to appear for NET examination to become professor is candidate must have passed master's degree from any recognised university with minimum 55%.

So, you have to qualify in NET examination to become professor. The examination is conducted by UGC twice every year. For more information about NET examination visit at www.ugc.ac.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?