23rd September 2011, 02:42 AM
Unregistered

How can I draw the state diagram, activity diagram?

Plz tell me How can i draw state diagram.activity diagram of same question in database

24th September 2011, 12:20 AM
melwynjensen
Senior Member+++++

Thumbs up Re: How can I draw the state diagram, activity diagram?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Plz tell me How can i draw state diagram.activity diagram of same question in database

HOW TO DRAW STATE AND ACTIVITY DIAGRAM??

State and Activity diagram are more or less kind of same when compared together... The definition for both diagram is as follows....

-> STATE DIAGRAM : State Diagram is used to describe or portray the behavior of the system... which in the sense take a simple example as bike running in the road... the state of bike can be START, RUNNING and STOP that shows the behavior of the bike in the same way it is applied to the computer science field which in your case is database...

-> The above diagram is an example for state diagram where it show the different behavior can take place in case of a database i.e add, remove, modify etc....

-> ACTIVITY DIAGRAM : Activity diagram is more detailed that is it describes or portrays each steps or activities which can happen with various possibilities... now take the same simple example bike running in the road.. the steps to do it will be start the bike and the possibility can be bike started or bike failed to start without petrol.... in the same way the steps goes on till the bikes stops......

-> Activity diagram uses some less number of shapes to describe the steps like rectangle - activities, black circle - start of initial activity, diamond - decision, encircled black circle - stop, bars - split of activities, arrow - flow...

-> The above diagram is the activity diagram for an example timesheet, where it can be saved, modified, viewed and so on with the steps of possibilities like cancel, edit and so on...

hope the info. helps..
24th September 2011, 01:28 AM
priyo06
Senior Member+++

Default Re: How can I draw the state diagram, activity diagram?

dear friend,

1. ACTIVITY DIAGRAM

The activity diagram is possible for one modelling element which was not present of any one of the predecessor of the UML(Unified Modified Language).It focuses on Representative activities.If their more than one out goings then there must be different conditions.This model are normally employed in business process modeling.This is carried out during the initial state and verification.

Here I have attached a figure which will help you a lot..

2. STATE DIAGRAM

It is used how to state an object in its lifetime. It is very useful for describing any use case diagrams step by step.State diagram are generally based on the Finite State Machine(FSM) mechanism.

The basic elements are as follows :

1. Initial State
2. Final State
3. State
4. Transition

all the best.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?