18th November 2012, 07:44 PM
Unregistered

How can I get admission in 2nd year if I am a Polytechnic student

sir my name is evanjalin .i'm a polytechnic student .after compeleting my diploma can i get my admission for second year in nit..please send me to my mail [email protected] please help me

Related Questions:
  1. How can I get admission in 2nd year if I am a Polytechnic student
  2. How can I get admission in 2nd year in NIT? I am a Polytechnic student
  3. Admission to B.Sc 2nd year for a student of Polytechnic final year? Which branches are offered?
  4. How to do engineering in electronics after completing my mechanical radio and television cores?
  5. How may I get the admission in engineering colleges for B.Tech course? I am a 2nd year student of diploma in E&I at government polytechnic college, Siliguri
  6. Admission in IITs is possible after polytechnic?
  7. How to join a good engineering college after backlog in 1st and 2nd semester in Polytechnic?
  8. How to take admission in B.Tech lateral entry in 2nd year in Delhi or NCR
  9. Admission in 2nd year of polytechnic college after diploma in IT?
  10. Am I eligible for NIT and IIT after Polytechnic?
  11. Can I take lateral entry admission in 2nd year in government college of Polytechnic in UP after scoring 59.6% in 12th?
  12. How to take admission in 2nd year in Jharkhand Government Polytechnic College after completing ITI? -- [Most Discussed]
  13. Can I apply for Ticket Examiner post in Railway being a Polytechnic(CE) 2nd year student? When RRB exam will be conducted?
  14. Can I get admission in 3rd year in any other institute after passing Polytechnic 2nd year?
  15. Percentage needed to get admission in B.Tech 2nd year after polytechnic?
  16. Can I take admission for direct 2nd year B.A or BSc after completing Polytechnic
  17. What's the procedure and last date for admission? I am a student of B.Com 2nd year
  18. How to get admission in Polytechnic 2nd year after passing 12th?
30th November 2012, 05:52 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I get admission in 2nd year if I am a Polytechnic student

You will not get admission in National Institute of Technology. Unfortunately at present there is no lateral entry scheme offered to diploma holders in NIT or as matter of fact in IIT. The reality is that diploma student cant' seek admission in any of these universities.

But you should not be disappointed. There are plenty of other colleges that will offer you admission through lateral entry. As far as NIT is concerned, you will have to forget about it. The National Institute of Technology actually offers admission through entrance exam called AIEEE.

The AIEEE entrance exam will get replaced by ISEET from 2013. None of these exams are valid for diploma student. To appear for these exams one need to have completed 12th with PCM. While the diploma course is done after 10th making you ineligible for the exam.

Other colleges have different procedure. While they do accept candidates through entrance exams. They also reserve some seats for diploma students to take lateral entry. The number of seats reserved varies from college to college.

They offer these seats to diploma holders through entrance exam called Lateral Entry Engineering Test. This exam is conducted in many states. You need minimum of 50 percent marks in diploma course to appear for LEET.

You should know that not all colleges accept LEET exam. There are some colleges that conducts a separate entrance exam of their own for admission. While there are also some colleges that offer admission on merit.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?