7th May 2016, 11:09 PM
Unregistered

Best stream to choose to eventually become IAS one day

sir i am in comfusion that which stream i should opt to become ias becaise i dont want my future to get effeced as not everyone becomes ias

8th May 2016, 10:08 AM
sarika1993

Default Re: Best stream to choose to eventually become IAS one day

You can choose any stream to apply for IAS.

IAS Eligibility
- You must have passed bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized university.
- Your age should be between 21 to 32 years.
- Maximum attempts allowed are 6 for General , 9 for OBC.

Selection
- Preliminary Exam
- Main Exam
- Interview

Exam Pattern
There are two qualifying papers , each paper carries 300 marks.

Preliminary Exam
Paper I : Essay (250 Marks)
Paper II : General Studies I (250 Marks)
Paper III : General Studies II (250 Marks)
Paper IV : General Studies III (250 Marks)
Paper V : General Studies IV (250 Marks)
Paper VI : Optional Subject I (250 Marks)
Paper VII : Optional Subject (250 Marks)

IAS Important Dates
- Starting of Registration : 27/04/2016
- Ending of Registration : 27/05/2016
- Preliminary Exam : 07/08/2016
- Main Exam : 03/12/2016
8th May 2016, 03:06 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

I.A.S stands for Indian Administrative Service and to become an I.A.S Officer you have to appear and qualify in Civil Services examination.

As per examination notification candidates passed graduation in any discipline are eligible to appear for examination and even candidates can select the optional paper other than discipline paper.

So, you can select the paper in which you have more interest and well knowledge to qualify in the examination. To get more details about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
8th May 2016, 04:23 PM
pabolu srivalli

Thumbs up Re: Best stream to choose to eventually become IAS one day

IAS does not depends on the stream in which you study,it all depends on the coaching and your caliber to appear for the examination.You can choose any degree course in which you have interest to become an IAS officer.

IAS is the Indian Administration Services Examination which is generally known as Civil Services and it is conducted by the UPSC all over the India.It is one of the toughest Civil services examination and graduates from any stream of study are eligible to appear for this Civil service examination

General Requirements to appear for IAS:
  • Should have done Graduation or bachelors degree in any stream of study
  • Should belong to the citizen of India only
  • Should have attained 21 years and not exceed 30 years of age limit

These are the main requirements for the IAS recruitment and you can choose any career in which you have interest choose a career which will provide you another career option also other then IAS,it will be easy to get settled if you did not qualify in IAS.
8th May 2016, 10:57 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

The minimum qualification required to become IAS is bachelor's degree in any discipline from recognised University with minimum 50% marks in 45% for Reserved Categories. This depends on your interest in which subject you want to have degree. If you have pursued your 12th from science stream then it is better to have Bachelor of Science in degree level and if you are from commerce stream when you can go on the commerce site .
8th May 2016, 11:22 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

IAS stands for Indian Administrative Services. It comes under Civil Services examination of India conducted by Union Public Service Commission.

*Graduates in any discipline from a recognized university can apply for examination. There is no stream specified by UPSC for this examination. Candidates can select any stream in bachelor's degree as per their own interest.

When candidates take stream as per their interest, they perform well in these examination. Do not take other suggestions, take subject depended upon your interest.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?