8th December 2012, 11:51 PM
avon sahu

How can I get a job in power plant after passing mechanical engineering

My self Avon ,
I m fresher engineer in mechanical branch. So what I can got my job in power plant

Related Questions:
  1. How to work in Power Plant? I am a Mechanical engineering student
  2. Can I get a job in Power Plant Sector after pursuing Mechanical engineering in Aryabhatta Institute of Engineering
  3. Any short courses in power plant after B.Tech Mechanical Engineering?
  4. Which short term courses will be beneficial for me to get Job in Power Plant having completed Engineering with Mechanical stream?
  5. How may I do training at Koradi power plant? I'm doing B.Tech from VNIT Nagpur with branch Power pant engineering
  6. How to do BOE after passing mechanical engineering
  7. Industrial Jobs in Power Plants and Steel Plants after B.tech.
  8. How to get into Power Sector after B.E. in Instrumentation and Control Engineering? Can I do M.Tech in IITs with specialization in Power Plant Engineering?
  9. Can I Change my course from B.Sc to B.Sc(Mechanical engineering) by taking admission through correspondence? I'm working in Thermal power plant and I've done B.Sc(PCM)
  10. What is the admission process of PG diploma in Thermal Power Plant Engineering?
  11. How to get a job in power plant after completing B.Tech in Civil?
  12. What is the possible ways to get a job in power plant after finishing B.Tech degree in Mechanical Engineering
  13. A fresher Diploma in Mechanical can get job in Power Plant? -- [New]
  14. Hi I am Sagar
  15. Can I do mechanical or electronics after passing power engineering from NPTI?
  16. How to get training in power plant or oil & gas plant after B.E. in Electronics & Instrumentation? -- [Most Discussed]
  17. How to get a job in power plant after B.E in EEE?
  18. How to get a job in Power Plant after B.E in EEE?
9th December 2012, 02:59 PM
denwer1

Default Re: How can I get a job in power plant after passing mechanical engineering

dear friend!!!
now a days getting a job in core companies that too power plants is not an easy task. For this you have to appear in the GATE examination and score well in it. Various core companies and other reputed companies including that of navratna and miniratna companies recruit freshers according to the marks scored in the GATE examination.

Another way is to reply separately to the advertisements published by the respective companies or appear in their examination. There is always a highly selective procedure for such kind of lucrative jobs.
9th December 2012, 03:35 PM
Kotesh432
Senior Member+

Default Re: How can I get a job in power plant after passing mechanical engineering

Hi Guest,

There is good career in power plant after completing mechanical engineering:

I suggest you to apply for the jobs by uploading your resume in different job offering sites.

At present there are no openings in government sector.

The notification will be released soon after the official announcement in the websites.

If you are having good skills in yourself and you can talk in front of many I mean if you are good at communication, then you can easily find a job for sure in short span of time.

Thank you,

All the best.
9th December 2012, 07:23 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

If you want to get job in Public sector Power plants then you should be GATE qualified.

Public sector Power Plants like NTPC hire engineers on the basis of GATE and you must have 60 % marks in Engineering if you want to apply for these posts.

GATE is Graduate Aptitude test in Engineering and it is conducted by IITs.

Those who are GATE qualified are preferred over non GATE in these government jobs.

So if you get qualified then it will not be difficult for you to get a job if you are fresher also.

There are private jobs also in private power plants you can apply for interview . The selection is based on the interview.

Some of the power plants in India are as follows:

Public sector- NTPC, NHPC, Damodar valley project, chambal project etc.

Private Sector- adani power, bhaskar exxoils, ruchi soya, suzlon energy are some of the companies for which you can apply.

You can apply for these jobs if you have the required engineering degree .Best of luck.
9th December 2012, 09:30 PM
Deepak4J

Arrow Re: How can I get a job in power plant after passing mechanical engineering

Quote:
Originally Posted by avon sahu View Post
My self Avon ,
I m fresher engineer in mechanical branch. So what I can got my job in power plant
You need to have a GATE score. Companies like NTPC perform their own tests.
You need to apply for these tests and get a good marks

Thank You
Please reply for further query
Best regards
13th August 2013, 05:01 AM
amit89itbhu
Senior Member+++

HI

You need to appear for GATE and score very good percentile in GATE
Once you get very good percentile in Gate you can apply to company like NTPC.
they will call you for interview.
If you qualify the interview, you would be selected

You may also apply for NHPC, Damodar Valley Project, bhaskar exxoils, ruchi soya etc

All the best
13th April 2014, 06:57 PM
Rakesh_Power

Quote:
Originally Posted by avon sahu View Post
My self Avon ,
Sure, You can. Just seek a professional training course at any power plant operation institute like what I've done after graduation.
3rd December 2015, 11:57 AM
Unregistered

Myself Sachin,
I'm a fresher student from mechanical branch . I have completed my engineering with 68% marks. Now I'm preparing myself to qualified the gata exam. But I had backlog in subjects in 2 & 3rd year. After that I cleared that subjects. Now my question is if I qualified the gate exam with a good rank , then I will eligible to job in nabaratna oraharatna companies?
14th January 2016, 03:14 PM
Unregistered

Sir, I'm a student of mechanical engineering.in 6 sem
what can I do after my graduation?? I need job after my graduation and then after 2-3 year experience in any companies, I will go to my further education mTech or Ms .please give me advice through, mail
[email protected]

Thank you .
Naveen Sinha
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?