7th January 2011, 03:27 PM
Unregistered

How to get into Power Sector after B.E. in Instrumentation and Control Engineering? Can I do M.Tech in IITs with specialization in Power Plant Engineering?

i m a final yr. student of instrumentation & control engg. & i want to go in power sector.so what all i have to do to get into it.i mean which forms do i have to fill for getting a job,& when will they come??also if i want to persue m.tech,is it possible to do specialization in power plant engg.?do IIT's have such an option.i have filled GATE,so is it beneficial to do m.tech if i want to do job in power sector or oil&gas sector??

Related Questions:
  1. Which are the best branches for electrical students in M.Tech
  2. Which are the best branches for electrical students in M.Tech
  3. Which branches are best for M.Tech electrical students
  4. Which course can I join in M.E if I am a EIE student
  5. What minimum percentage is required in graduation,12th and 10th for NTPC exam
  6. How may I do training at Koradi power plant? I'm doing B.Tech from VNIT Nagpur with branch Power pant engineering
  7. Chances to study M.Tech in Mass Communication for B.Tech(EEE) 3rd year student?
  8. What are the courses offered in ECE at USA?
  9. Am i eligible for a job in NTPC?
  10. List of specializations available to study in M.E. at Manipal University?
  11. Does Ramagundam Super Thermal Power Plant Station, Telangana offers internship to M.Tech in Thermal Power Plant Engineering student? -- [New]
  12. Post diploma in thermal power plant engineering Examination Date and course starting date? -- [Most Discussed]
  13. How to get admission into Ph.D program in IIT Delhi after doing B.E in Instrumentation and Control and MS in Electrical Engineering from US?
  14. Industrial Jobs in Power Plants and Steel Plants after B.tech.
  15. Which is the best course in M.Tech? I have scored 7252 rank in PGECET
  16. List of companies offering industrial training in power plant, thermal power plant, oil and gas industry in Kolkata, West Bengal for 3rd year B.Tech(E&I stream) students? Which one of these training is beneficial for me?
  17. How should I work in Shipping Sector? I have done Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering
  18. Which is the best course after B.Tech in EEE?
17th January 2011, 01:28 PM
neeleshgupta

Default Re: How to get into Power Sector after B.E. in Instrumentation and Control Engineering? Can I do M.Tech in IITs with specialization in Power Plant Engineering?

Masters is always a better option, it gives you an advanced scope in getting a better salary.

It is always advisable to do Masters in an IIT as compared with a job.

Power Sector will be on a very big boom(somewhat similar to IT sector in 2000-2004) as new regulations are giving opportunities for private players to set up plants which in turn increases employment.

If you are unable to manage IIT's this time in GATE, join a good comopany(moderate may do as well) and gain some experience along with which you must prepare for Masters. Gaining a year or two of experience and then going for a Masters gives you a job with a much higher renumeration

Many of the IIT's offer courses in Power Plant Engineering, some other institute offering similar courses is NPTI(National Power Training Institute)
19th July 2011, 12:36 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: How to get into Power Sector after B.E. in Instrumentation and Control Engineering? Can I do M.Tech in IITs with specialization in Power Plant Engineering?

If we want to apply for a job in Public sector utilities, is there any procedure for the same? Does one have to appear in any sort of competitive examination? If yes, then when and where to get the forms for the same? At present I have just completed my Second Yr. B.Tech in Electtronics & Communication.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?