18th August 2012, 12:16 PM
Unregistered

How can I get a job in Power Sector after completing engineering in Mechanical branch

Sir I am completing my engineering in mechanical branch. my question is that how get i job in power sector ? what should i do after graduation ?

Related Questions:
  1. Which stream is a better choice for me between Mechanical Engineering and Electrical Engineering to get a Job in Government sector?
  2. Jobs in Power sector after BE (Electrical)?
  3. How to do M.Tech in electrical branch? I have completing B.E in Mechanical
  4. How to get into Power Sector after B.E. in Instrumentation and Control Engineering? Can I do M.Tech in IITs with specialization in Power Plant Engineering?
  5. Can I get a job in Power Plant Sector after pursuing Mechanical engineering in Aryabhatta Institute of Engineering
  6. How can I get a job in power plant after passing mechanical engineering
  7. Career and placements in mechanical engineering? -- [Most Discussed]
  8. Which branch of engineering is better among Civil and Mechanical in regards to job opprtunities? -- [New]
  9. Which kind of job can in Power Sector after completing B.Tech in electrical and electronics?
  10. How to get a good job in core sector after completing B.Tech in Mechanical engineering?
  11. How to get a job in government sector after completing graduation in mechanical automation engineering
  12. How to get a government job in any sector after completing M.Tech in mechanical engineering with 61%? Am I eligible for government exam?
  13. How to find a training job in Mumbai after completing diploma in Mechanical Engineering?
  14. Where can I get a job after completing mechanical engineering? Where can I apply for this?
  15. Latest government jobs and private sector jobs in mechanical engineering in which I can apply after scoring 66% aggregate upto 7th semester?
  16. what can be done after completing engineering in CS or Mechanical? What's the job opportunities and future prospective for the same?
  17. Government job opportunities for MBA power management post graduates?
  18. Which jobs will are good for EEE students after completion of B.Tech?
18th March 2013, 10:33 AM
krrishh_002

Thumbs up Re: How can I get a job in Power Sector after completing engineering in Mechanical branch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir I am completing my engineering in mechanical branch. my question is that how get i job in power sector ? what should i do after graduation ?

Congratulation!!
on completing your B tech.

Mechanical people have many chances of getting into power sectors.

As most of power sectors in India are Govt. sectors i.e. PSUs,

you must apply for GATE exam and prepare for that thats the only way to get into any power sector.

All NTPCs , Hydraulic and Thermal Power stations and Even Nuclear Power stations are available but have to get a very good rank in GATE because
selection will be based on merit list.

Even you can get into any top institutes after writing GATE and do your post graduation in power plant engineering or thermal engineering or Nuclear Physics.

It will make you a strong in that field and you may be appointed as a researcher/ scientist also.

Work hard and focus!

GATE exam will be held every year on 2nd Sunday of feb.

All the very best!
14th June 2013, 08:21 PM
Paliyal79

Default Re: How can I get a job in Power Sector after completing engineering in Mechanical branch

Hi friend
after completing your B.tech in Mechanical engneering, there are so many option for you to get a good job.
You can get the job in government power sector like PSU's.
You can also get the job in good companies like TATA, TCS, WIPRO,MAHINDRA etc.
Mechanical student can apply in so many fields. So there is so much scope for the job to a mechanical student.
GOOD LUCK8-)
2nd December 2013, 11:02 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: How can I get a job in Power Sector after completing engineering in Mechanical branch

i am 46 years old, i haven't any experience in plant i would like you to ask ,after doing mtech in thermal engineering could i be in the post of scientist /researcher
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?