19th July 2012, 12:17 PM
Unregistered

How can I join Air Force or Navy after completion of B.Tech in EEE?

I'm doing my B-tech final year in Electrical n Electronics. Is there any chance of geting in to Airforce r navy

15th August 2012, 06:01 PM
venkataprakash.v
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I join Air Force or Navy after completion of B.Tech in EEE?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I'm doing my B-tech final year in Electrical n Electronics. Is there any chance of geting in to Airforce r navy
Yes , there is chance to apply for Air force or Navy examination .

CDS Stands for Combined Defence Service Examination and this examination is conducted by Union Public Service Commission twice in a year .

>> Conducted for recruitment of :-
  • Indian Military Academy
  • Indian Air force
  • Indian Navy
  • Officer Training Academy

This year CDS notification & Last date for receipt of application was already closed and next announcement will be published Soon . Mostly CDS I notification will be publish in the month of Oct or November in the official website of UPSC as well as employment news paper / Rozgar Samachar .

Indian Air force :-

The Student must have a minimum education qualification of engineering degree or Bachelor's degree with Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects at Intermediate level of a recognized University .

The Student must have attained the age of 19 years and must not have attained the age of 23 years and No relaxation is given to the reserved categories . Final year candidates are eligible to apply . Pre-final year and other year candidates are not eligible to apply .

Indian Navy :-

The Student must have a minimum education qualification of engineering degree or B.Sc degree with Physics or Mathematics as compulsory subjects at Intermediate level of a recognized University .

The Student must have attained the age of 19 years and must not have attained the age of 22 years and No relaxation is given to the reserved categories . Final year candidates are eligible to apply . Pre-final year and other year candidates are not eligible to apply .

The Exam Pattern of Combined Defence Service :-

> General Knowledge - 100 Marks .
> Elementary Mathematics - 100 Marks .
> English Language - 100 Marks .

The Selection Process of this examination :-

> Written Examination
> SSB Interview
> Personal Interview

Books for CDS Examination :-

The Pearson Guide To English For The Combined Defence Services Examination
by Edgar Thorpe, Showick Thorpe
Publisher: Pearson Education
Price: Rs. 210

Mathematics For C.D.S.Entrance Exam.
by R S Aggarwal
Publisher: S.Chand Publishing
Price: Rs. 275

Pathfinder CDS: Combined Defence Services Entrance Examination
by Brijesh Tripathi, Satyajeet Rawat, Neetika Goyal
Publisher: Arihant Publications
Price: Rs. 575

Combind Defence Services: Solved Paper
by Lal
Publisher: Upkar Prakashan
Price: Rs. 199

Combined Defence Services Examination
by Jain, Kishore
Publisher: Upkar Prakashan
Price: Rs. 310
15th August 2012, 06:49 PM
sandeepsaini.saini522
Senior Member+++++

hi,
you want to join the defense services like Indian army, Indian navy, AIrforce after the B.tech course..
YOu can get the followings job posts like:
Sr. section engineer technical post
IMA
Pilot job post
For these job posts you have to qualify the entrance exam which are follows for the joining the defense services like:
CDS entrance exam conducted by the UPSC
SSC entrance exam
AFCET entrance exam conducted by AIrforce department
ELigibility for the entrance exam :
Educational Qualification: you should be passed the bachelor degree with atleast 55% marks from any recognized university.
age limit: age must be between the 19 to 25 years.
nationality: Indian citizen.
selection process:
1. written test
2.Personnel interview
3.Physical and medical test etc
SO for the joining the defense service you must have to do the preparation of the entrance exam and interview..
Thank you
15th August 2012, 07:06 PM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

After completion of B.Tech. EEE you can join Indian Air Force or Navy through applying, appearing and cracking CDS(Combined Defence Service) entrance exam conducted by UPSC twice every year as CDS-I and CDS-II for an entry in to Indian Military Academy, Naval Academy, Air Force Academy and Officer's Training Academy of CDS.

To be eligible to join Indian Air Force or Naval Academy of CDS, you must be an unmarried Indian male candidate only having either appear for the final Graduation Degree exam or pass in any stream of discipline with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as subjects of studies and you should be within the age of 19 to 23 years for Air Force Academy and should be 19 to 22 years for Naval Academy with good Physical and Mental health.

The selection is through written exam, personal interview, physical fitness test and finally through Medical Test.

The written exam is based on the subjects like:- English Language, Elementary Mathematics and General Knowledge of 100 marks each.

For more information you may log on to http://www.upsc.gov.in
15th August 2012, 07:08 PM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

After completion of B.Tech. EEE you can join Indian Air Force or Navy through applying, appearing and cracking CDS(Combined Defence Service) entrance exam conducted by UPSC twice every year as CDS-I and CDS-II for an entry in to Indian Military Academy, Naval Academy, Air Force Academy and Officer's Training Academy of CDS.

To be eligible to join Indian Air Force or Naval Academy of CDS, you must be an unmarried Indian male candidate only having either appear for the final Graduation Degree exam or pass in any stream of discipline with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as subjects of studies and you should be within the age of 19 to 23 years for Air Force Academy and should be 19 to 22 years for Naval Academy with good Physical and Mental health.

The selection is through written exam, personal interview, physical fitness test and finally through Medical Test.

The written exam is based on the subjects like:- English Language, Elementary Mathematics and General Knowledge of 100 marks each.

For more information you may log on to http://www.upsc.gov.in
15th August 2012, 09:51 PM
singhhr23

Yes you can apply for NDA exams.NDA stands for National Defense Academy. If you want to apply for this exam then you must have completed your 12th. NDA exam is conducted by the UPSC twice a year. candidate should have done his qualification from a well recognized board and candidate should be physically and mentally fit.

Eligibility for NDA Exam:
You should have completed 12th with PCM as main or compulsory subjects.
You should have completed 12th from a recognized college.
You age should be between 16.5 to 19 years only.
You must be a citizen of India.
You should be an unmarried candidate.
To apply for this examination, your age should completed your Intermediate examination and If you have completed your diploma course after your 10th exam, then you are also appeared for NDA Examination. Eligible candidates may fill the wings as per your own Preference. Those who are eligible may choose any one of the wings :

Army wings
Naval Wings

~~ Air Force Wings

Those who study Math and Physics subjects in his diploma or in 12Th examination are eligible for Naval and Air Force Wings. If you have not study these subjects then you are only appeared for Army wings of NDA.

PROCEDURE of NDA Exam:

Written test
SSB interview
Medical and fitness test.

Paper Pattern:
There are 2 papers comes in NDA exam:

1. Mathematics: This is termed as paper-1 which is of 3oo marks.

You have to attempt all the questions in 2.5 hours and there is a negative marking of one third marks. The questions will be of basic mathematics such as:

Algebra
Trigonometry
Quadratic equations
Geometry
Menstruations
Probability

2.General ability test- this is termed as paper-2 which is of 600 marks.
The paper will consist of questions from different topics such as:-

Physics and chemistry
General knowledge
Current affair and general science

THE selected candidates will be called for SSB interview on the respective boards of army,air force and navy for further testing.

Thanks.....
19th August 2012, 11:19 AM
Unregistered

i m doing b-tech (eee) nd i want to know that for joining technical department in airforce i also have to give medical test???
16th December 2012, 05:12 PM
muse65

It is very much possible top get a job in the in the Indian navy and air force with a degree in engineering,in fact engineers are applicable for almost all sorts of government jobs and private jobs,engineering completely deals with science and as you know that without science,it is difficult to construct and build anything,so engineers are required everywhere.

there are many branches in the both air force and navy,you are applicable for almost all posts like in air force there are three different branches 1)flying branch 2)technical branch 3) ground duty branch
and you are applicable for applying in all three branches.
even there are many branches in the navy as in the air force.you can apply in most of them
you are also applicable for applying in the army,like air force,navy lots of engineers get recruitment in the army.

for more information visit the following websites of air force,navy and army

1)www.nausena-bharti.nic.in(navy website)
2)www.careerairfroce.nic.in(air force website)
3)www.joinindaianarmy.nic.in(army website)
16th December 2012, 09:18 PM
avikaka

sir iam doing b.tech EEE Final year you can join indian navy and indian army and indian airforce etc. There are many branches in airforce and navy. Airforce have three branches flying and technical and ground etc.
16th December 2012, 11:44 PM
ashok880
Senior Member++++

You can join in Indian Air Force or Indian Navy by appearing for Combined Defense Service exam.Combined Defense Service exam is conducted by Union Public Service Commission every year twice.

To appear for Combined Defense Service exam,you should have completed minimum B-Tech with any branch from a recognized university and your age should be between 21 to 24 years.

CDS-1 exam notification was closed on 10th December 2012 and this exam going to held on 17th Feb 2013.
CDS-II exam notification will release on 25th May 2013,closes on 24th June 2013 and exam will held on 8th Sept 2013.

For more details,click on below link.

http://www.upsc.gov.in
17th December 2012, 04:43 PM
mk.gohel
Senior Member++++

Thumbs up Re: How can I join Air Force or Navy after completion of B.Tech in EEE?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post

hi friend,

Indian Air Force

## A candidate must have completed their 12th Science from Recognized board.

## Only Unmarried Male can apply for it.

## Age of candidate must be between 16 1/2 to 19 years.

## A candidate must have a citizenship of INDIA.

Exam pattern:
  1. Prelim Exam
  2. Main exam
  3. Personal interview and Physical Test

all the best..........
21st April 2013, 10:21 AM
Unregistered

Sir,i am doing b.tech , Electrical&Electronic Engg. i am eager to join in airforce in defense. i know that i have to write CDS exam. but i study state syllabus, how can i prepare central syllabus.
21st April 2013, 10:12 PM
vetrikarthik

Thumbs up Re: How can I join Air Force or Navy after completion of B.Tech in EEE?

Hai friend,

Yes there is a chance for you to join Air force or Navy by writing CDS exam

CDS-Combined Defence Services.

UPSC conducts CDS for recruiting candidates in Indian Army, Navy & AirForce.

Eligibility Criteria:

Nationality - Citizen of India or A subject of Nepal or Bhutan.

Age limit - 22 to 28 years.

Educational Qualifiaction:

For Indian Army - Degree from a recognised University.

For Indian Navy- Degree in Engineering.

For Indian Air Force - Bachelor Of Engineering or Degree of a recognised university with physics and maths subjects.

Physical Standards: Candidates must be physically fit according to physical standards for admission to Combined Defence Services Examination.

Exam Pattern:

#Written Exam consists of

*Objective Type questions.
*time duration 2hrs and
*maximum marks is 100 for each subject.

#For Indian Military Academy, Naval Academy, Air force Academy,written test comprising of

English,
General Knowledge and
Elementary mathematics subjects

#Personality tests
Candidates who are declared successful in the written exam will be detailed for intelligence and personality test at the Service Selection Board based on their preference.

All the best.
8th May 2013, 03:35 PM
Unregistered

hi ,i'm karan i am b.tech computer science final year student with 55% marks in degree can i elligible to join indian air force . pls sujjust me
my mail id is [email protected]
20th June 2013, 11:56 AM
Unregistered

hi, i'm sunaina i have completed my 12th and my parents want me to opt EEE can i join airforce after completing engineering, could u plz tell what are the exams that i should go through.
18th July 2014, 12:02 AM
Unregistered

sir/mam, i am a final year b.tech student born on 150 aug 1992, i am 21 right now and complete 22 next month.
can i apply for cds exam for air force . i will complete my b.tech next year and will be 23 years old in aug 2015.
am i eligible for xam ?
18th December 2015, 01:08 PM
Unregistered

Hi!
I am Jagruthi, have done my b.tech in eee with 75% According to venkat sir I have checked the recent notification of afcat(air force common admission test) in that under qualifications: b tech in mechanical and electronic engineering are qualified.

I am not sure whether I am eligible. Please help me figure out.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?