15th September 2015, 12:25 PM
Unregistered

How can I join any institute to study Aeronautical Engineering?

I am a bsc 1st year student with physics as major subject in Presidency university Kolkata.I bagged 93%marks in my 10+2 level exam.I am interested about aerospace engineering .How can I join any institute of India to study about this subject?Is it possible or not?

Related Questions:
  1. Which is a better university to study Aeronautical Engineering? Marks required in 10th and 12th to study Aeronautical Engineering? How much is the fee structure?
  2. How can I join any institute to study Aeronautical Engineering? -- [New]
  3. Which is a better university for studying Aeronautical Engineering? Marks needed in 10th and 12th to study this course? Fee structure and is there any placement assurance?
  4. Which is the best college in Bangalore to study Aeronautical engineering? I have scored 89% in 12th from Siddharta Institute of Aeronautical Engineering
  5. Can I complete Aeronautical Engineering by taking educational loan?
  6. How to join in Aeronautical Engineering after passing 12th Aeronautical Engineering?
  7. Can I join Aeronautical Engineering after doing B.E in Electronics and Telecommunication?
  8. How to join in Aeronautical Engineering after completing diploma in Electrical and Electronics engineering with 80%? Which entrance exam to appear to join Aeronautical Engineering?
  9. How to join in Aeronautical engineering after completing diploma with 84%?
  10. Cutoff rank required in JEE Main to study B.Tech(Aeronautical Engineering)?
  11. Is Aeronautical Engineering possible after Diploma in Mechatronics?
  12. How to join Aeronautical Engineering after doing B.E computer science?
  13. How to join Aeronautical engineering in Acharya Institute of Technology Bangalore?
  14. Chances to study B.Tech(Aeronautical Engineering) for Electronics and Communication Engineering Diploma holder?
  15. How can I join in Aeronautical engineering course? Which is the entrance exam for that course?
  16. How to make my career in Aeronautics after completing ITI in electrical?
  17. How can I join Aeronautical engineering from 2nd year after completing 2 years of B.E Biotechnology
  18. How to join Aeronautical engineering in best colleges in India after studying 12th standard?
15th September 2015, 01:45 PM
Rashmuu

Default Re: How can I join any institute to study Aeronautical Engineering?

Aeronautical engineering is the branch of B.E./B.tech/M.E./M.tech course.

The eligibility for the bachelor degree in engineering is , to have successfully passed in the class 12th with PCM background. One can also go for this course by Lateral entry after completing the BSc or diploma course in engineering Directly admission in the second year.

For the masters in engineering you must have the B.E. or B.tech degree or you have the MSc degree. You can give the GATE exam. After clearing this exam you can get the admission in M.tech college.
15th September 2015, 03:45 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

You have good percentage of marks in the 10+2 examination. For aerospace engineering from top colleges of India like Indian Institute of Technology, you must appear for the entrance exam conducted for undergraduate course in engineering.

The entrance exam is called Joint Entrance exam. For admission in IIT, you must clear both the stages of this exam with good rank. First stage is the Joint Entrance exam mains and those who qualify JEE mains and are in top 1.5 lacs candidates are eligible for the JEE Advanced.

After clearing JEE advanced exam with good rank, you will be eligible for the Admission in IIT for Aerospace engineering which has immense career opportunities in modern scenario.
15th September 2015, 04:24 PM
Program complete
Senior Member++

***After completing graduation in Physics, you can go for Aeronautical Engineering. Many renowned institutions are offering Aeronautical Engineering course. But for that, you should write an entrance exam to get an admission for this course.

>>>Aeronautical Engineering is one of the branches of aerospace engineering, which deals with the designing and construction of aircrafts that are operated within the atmosphere of the earth. The eligibility criteria include the passing of the higher secondary or the Plus Two level examination with Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry as main subjects.

**List of Entrance Exams for Aeronautical Engineering at Graduate level--
--Indian Institute of Technology Joint Entrance Examinations (IIT JEE)
--Karnataka Common Entrance Test (KCET)
--Madhya Pradesh Pre Engineering Test (MPPET)
--University of Delhi Combined Entrance Examination (CEE)
--Uttar Pradesh State Entrance Examination (UPSEE)
--Amrita Engineering Entrance Exam
--BS Abdur Rahman University Engineering.
15th September 2015, 04:58 PM
k_umar

Hi,

In order to do Aeronautical Engineering..one must qualify the Higher secondary Examination with maths,physics,chemistry as a compulsory subjects along with good percentage

And also it is mandatory to qualify in the J.E.E (joint Entrance Examination)...which is to be conducted by IIT's in Jannuary and May Every year.

And also some other institutes will conducts the examination for the admissions.

And to do the Aeronautical engineering...A student who does not have a sharp eye sight or color blind may not quilify to become aeronautical engineer
15th September 2015, 05:58 PM
RSJ66
Senior Member++

# Aeronautics or aerospace is the branch of science which primarily deals with aviation and space exploration. Aeronautics is also deals with testing, development, construction, designing and maintenance of space craft/missiles/air crafts/satellites.

# Names of few aeronautical engineering colleges are mentioned below:

* IIT Kanpur
* IIT Kharagpur
* IIT Chennai
* IIT Mumbai
* Madras Institute of Technology, Chennai
* Hindustan Institute of Engineering Technology, Chennai
* Punjab Engineering College, Chandigarh
* Nehru College of Aeronautical and Applied Sciences, Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu

# The required conditions for pursuing the degree in aeronautics:

* Must have completed 10+2 in PCM stream.
* Must have completed B.Tech or B.E. or any aeronautical diploma.
* Marks obtained in Joint Engineering Entrance and 10+2 level are simultaneously taken into consideration. So it is utmost important to qualify the JEE.
* However, many institutes offer admission in aeronautical engineering just on the basis of performance in JEE only.

# One who desirous of pursuing of aeronautical engineering must have following qualities which are:

* Must be good in Mathematics.
* Must be well versed in computer handling and its operation.
* Excellent communication skill.
* Must have good designing skill.
* Must be able to work under tremendous pressure.
* Must have good planning ability.
* Must have good physical and medical fitness level.

# The areas where one can get job after completion of degree in aeronautics:

* Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO)
* Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO)
* Aircraft Manufacturing Sector
* In aviation sector such as Air India. India Airlines etc.
* National Aeronautical Lab (NAL)
* Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL)
* Civil Aviation Department
* and many more
15th September 2015, 08:27 PM
sarita46
Senior Member+++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am a bsc 1st year student with physics as major subject in Presidency university Kolkata.I bagged 93%marks in my 10+2 level exam.I am interested about aerospace engineering .How can I join any institute of India to study about this subject?Is it possible or not?
To join Aeronautical Engineering course you need to pass 10+2 with PCM (Physics, Chemistry, Maths) with 55% minimum from recognized Board. You also need to appear for any engineering entrance exam conducted in India. Qualifying in entrance exam with good score can lead you to apply for this course.

Some of the colleges for Aeronautical Engineering includes :

Indian Institute of Technology, IIT Bombay
Address: Powai, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400076
Phone: 022 2572 2545

Indian Institute of Technology, IIT Kharagpur
Address: Kharagpur, West Bengal 721302
Phone: 03222 255 22

Manipal Institute of Technology
Address: MIT Inside Road, Eshwar Nagar, Manipal,

Indian Institute of Engineering Science and Technology (IIEST)
Address: P.O.Botanic Garden, Shalimar, Howrah, West Bengal 711103
Phone: 033 2668 4562

PEC University of Technology
Address: Vidya Path, Sector -12, Chandigarh, 160012
Phone: 0172 274 6074

Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University
Address: Kukatpally, Hyderabad, Telangana 500085
Phone: 040 2315 8661

Madras Institute of Technology - Anna University
Address: MIT Road, Radha Nagar, Chromepet, Chennai, Tamil Nadu 600044
Phone: 044 2251 6002

Course Duration : 4 years (Full time)

Fee Structure : fee structure varies from institute to institute usually it start from 55,000 onwards.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?