9th July 2012, 10:17 PM
Unregistered

How can I join marine after completing B.Tech in Mechanical Stream

sir
this is amit
i want to know how one can join marine after completing my b.tec in mechanical stream
so plze guide me join that.
thanku

Related Questions:
  1. How should I join B.Tech Marine course by lateral entry after completing B.Tech Mechanical?
  2. How should I join B.Tech marine for a short period after completing B.Tech Mechanical?
  3. Should I join marine engineering after completing graduation in mechanical engineering or directly? -- [Most Discussed]
  4. How to join marine engineering after passing diploma in mechanical engineering?
  5. How to join marine engineering after completing mechanical engineering?
  6. After completing B.Tech Mechanical how can I join 1 year Marine Engineering course?
  7. How may I join marine engineering after completing mechanical engineering with 61% marks?
  8. How to join marine engineering 1 year course after completing my degree in Mechanical Engineering? What is the procedure?
  9. What's the duration of training period in Marine engineering? How can I apply for Marine engineering after completing B.E? I've done B.Tech(Mechanical engineering)
  10. How to go in marine after B.Tech mechanical
  11. How to join marine engineering after studying B.E Mechanical Engineering?
  12. What is the procedure to join marine engineering in IIT after completing B.E Mechanical
  13. Which stream should I choose after 10th so as to join marine engineering college?
  14. Which stream to choose after 10th so as to join Marine Engineering?
  15. Any correspondence courses available to join marine while doing B.E in Mechanical Engineering?
  16. Eligibility to get admission in B.Tech(Marine Engineering) for Diploma student? -- [New]
  17. What are the courses in Marine after B.E Mechanical Engineering?
  18. Can we join Marine Engineering after completing Mechanical engineering from Private Colleges?
1st April 2014, 01:53 PM
ChakrabortyP
Senior Member++++

Default Re: How can I join marine after completing B.Tech in Mechanical Stream

You have not specified about your stream of choice whether it is Indian Navy, Coast Guard or Merchant Navy. For getting Indian Navy, you have to complete class 12 with Physics and maths. To start with Executive Branch
• NDA (National Defence Academy)-Permanent Commission
• Education: 10+2 or equivalent with Physics Chemistry and Mathematics.
• There will be written examination followed by SSB interview and medical examination.
Naval Academy
• 10+2 entry (Permanent Commission)
• Education: 10+2 or equivalent with Physics, Chemistry & Maths
• Mode of Selection: Written examination followed by SSB interview and medical examination.
1st April 2014, 06:00 PM
ronaldo

Default Re: How can I join marine after completing B.Tech in Mechanical Stream

Hi,
here are the criterias for joining marine after B.tech-

1) Candidate should have B.E. / B.Tech., in Mechanical Engineering or Naval Architecture with minimum 50% marks in final year. The candidate should have obtained at least 50% in English at 10th or 12th std, or degree course.

2) Age Limit : Maximum 28 years of age as on 1st of March or 1st of September.

3) Physical Standards : Medically fit as per the standards set by M. S. Medical Examination Rules, 2000.

4) Eyesight : Candidates have to Qualify a full eyesight test conducted by the Mercantile Marine Department before being finally selected for the course. They should have 6/6 in each eye without visual aids and should be free from colour blindness.

Thank you,
Best of luck
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?