5th July 2012, 07:16 PM
Shashikant taretiya

How can I prepare for IPS exam? I am a B.Tech student

I am b.tech student.How can preparation of ips exam.

15th July 2012, 11:57 PM
Uttam Nandi

Default Re: How can I prepare for IPS exam? I am a B.Tech student

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shashikant taretiya View Post
I am b.tech student.How can preparation of ips exam.
Indian Police Service Examination

Your aspiration for Indian police service is appreciated. Being a B.Tech student you will be required to put additional hard work for your mission. This examination is conducted by UPSC. You need to visit official website of UPSC and make a clear idea about the syllabus and pattern of the examination. Now let's talk about the eligibility criteria of CSAT
  • A candidate must have a bachelor's degree in any discipline.
  • A candidate must be at least 21 years old on 1st Aug of the year he/she appears for the examination.
  • For general candidates upper age limit is 30 years. OBC and SC/ST candidates get 3 and 5 years concession respectively on the maximum age limit.
  • Candidates must meet certain physical standards to be eligible for the rigorous training.
Examination has three parts Preliminary, Mains and Interview. On first part one need to write two objective papers where question is asked from current affairs, indian geography, history, economics, politics, general ability, mental ability, communication skill, reasoning, analytical skill, basic numeracy etc. Those who will be on higher rank on the merit list of pre exam are permitted to write Mains. After interview final selection is made. Selected candidates undergo two years of training. If performance of a candidate is not satisfactory, he can be discharged even at this stage.

Official Website : www.upsc.gov.in
31st May 2013, 11:22 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I prepare for IPS exam? I am a B.Tech student

You need to prepare for CSAT to clear civil services. CSAT is conducted in two stages, prelims and mains. Prelims comprise questions on mental ability, English language, Indian polity, constitution, Indian/world geography. For mains you need to prepare on optional paper, general studies, and English language. Reference books as well as model question papers can be used for study.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?