17th December 2011, 02:36 PM
MOHAMED MOHSIN

How can I study for IPS officer in Dubai?

How can we study for IPS officer in Dubai....please tlel me the procedure to study

20th December 2011, 05:20 PM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I study for IPS officer in Dubai?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOHAMED MOHSIN View Post
How can we study for IPS officer in Dubai....please tlel me the procedure to study
If you are in Dubai and want to prepare for the Indian Police Service, you may follow certain steps mentioned below, but before that, I would like you to know that the entrance exam conducted for the recruitment of IPS officer is known as civil service exam and is conducted by union public service commission, every year. Which means, you will have to crack civil service exam to be considered eligible for Indian Police Service.

To prepare for the exam, you need to know the syllabus and format of the exam.
The examination, i.e. civil service exam, comprise of two written examination.
The first stage of written examination is known as the preliminary exam/civil service aptitude test. It comprise of two compulsory papers based on the following subject area:
General studies
Mental Aptitude Test

The main examination comprise of compulsory papers as well as optional papers. The compulsory papers of the main exam are:
One Indian Language
English
Essay
General Studies

Now, since you know the format of the exam, you may download previous year question papers from the official website of UPSC to assess the standard of questions, the marking system etc.
You may get yourself reference books for these subjects and based on the syllabus and previous year question papers, you may start preparing for the exam.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?