8th May 2012, 09:18 AM
Gulam panwala

How many years I have to study to become IPS Officer after completion of Graduation?

My name is panwala gulam
and i want to know that after graduation how many years i have to study to become ips officer and i am not also dat much good towards studies

8th May 2012, 11:07 AM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How many years I have to study to become IPS Officer after completion of Graduation?

There is no fixed duration for the candidate to become IPS officer after completion of Graduation course. It depends upon the candidate whether to become IPS officer in 1 year or 2 years or more than that.

In order to become IPS Officer, one has to crack civil services examination being conducted by UPSC (Union Public Service Commission).

The complete selection procedure for this is by
-Civil Services Aptitude Test (CSAT)
-Civil Services Main Examination
-Interview

This is the common written exam for the candidates to be placed in various civil services like
-IAS
-IPS
-IRS etc.

Its not that you will be placed only in IPS. You need to score very high percentage in Main Examination to be placed in IPS.

So, I suggest you to have good preparation for CSAT Exam. Try to be strong enough in the following aspects which are a part of CSAT Exam.
-Aptitude
-General Awareness
-General English.

Simultaneously opt for the optional subjects as per your interest and where the subject knowledge that you gained in your previous academic levels will be better utilized.

Have good preparation for this exam and crack it.

Try to start preparation for this exam from a coaching institute which will make your preparation so easy.

Check yourself whether you meet the required age criteria for this exam or not.

Here it is,
-A candidate of General category should be in the age group of 21-30 years to be eligible for this exam.
-Relaxation is there in upper age limit upto 3 years for the candidates of OBC category and upto 5 years for the candidates of SC/ST category.

For updated information on this Exam, I suggest you to visit
http://upsc.gov.in/
8th May 2012, 11:45 AM
Pusprajraghuvanshi

Default Re: How many years I have to study to become IPS Officer after completion of Graduation?

Pamwala, you no need for long period of time.you have to prepare for upsc exam, fill the online form of upsc, when it notified.their are three types of exam,pre,main,interveiw,if you want to be an ips you have to prepare yourself ,if you qualify these exams you will be an ips.
8th May 2012, 09:36 PM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

You are eligible to apply for Civil Service Exam to become an IPS officer after Graduation which depends upon one's ability to crack the exam even in one chance, so there is no specific time required for study to be an IPS officer.

IPS - INDIAN POLICE SERVICE, to become an IPS officer one should appear and crack Civil Service Exam conducted by UPSC once every year.

The eligible candidate must be an Indian National having either appear for the final Graduation Degree exam or pass in any stream from a recognised University within the age of 21 to 30 years with upper age relaxation for reserved candidate.

The selection is through three phases:-

-CSAT-Civil Service Aptitude Test-Preliminary exam

Civil Service Main Exam

Personal Interview

Apart from this there is certain prescribed Physical Fitness standard to be maintained for those applying for IPS.

One should rigorously prepare for IPS at least one year before sitting for the Civil Service Examination and should not be disheartened if missed a chance as he should prepare himself more effectively for the next chance as up to 30 years one General candidate can attempt Civil Service four times which is Seven for OBC candidate up to 33 years and for SC/ST candidate there is no such restriction.

For more information you may log on to http://www.upsc.gov.in
8th May 2012, 09:37 PM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

You are eligible to apply for Civil Service Exam to become an IPS officer after Graduation which depends upon one's ability to crack the exam even in one chance, so there is no specific time required for study to be an IPS officer.

IPS - INDIAN POLICE SERVICE, to become an IPS officer one should appear and crack Civil Service Exam conducted by UPSC once every year.

The eligible candidate must be an Indian National having either appear for the final Graduation Degree exam or pass in any stream from a recognised University within the age of 21 to 30 years with upper age relaxation for reserved candidate.

The selection is through three phases:-

-CSAT-Civil Service Aptitude Test-Preliminary exam

Civil Service Main Exam

Personal Interview

Apart from this there is certain prescribed Physical Fitness standard to be maintained for those applying for IPS.

One should rigorously prepare for IPS at least one year before sitting for the Civil Service Examination and should not be disheartened if missed a chance as he should prepare himself more effectively for the next chance as up to 30 years one General candidate can attempt Civil Service four times which is Seven for OBC candidate up to 33 years and for SC/ST candidate there is no such restriction.

For more information you may log on to http://www.upsc.gov.in
21st May 2012, 10:25 PM
Unregistered

Is there any height eligibilty for ips? And how much height required fr ips.
4th June 2012, 02:51 PM
Unregistered

My name iz arunim tiwari iam in inter cls...my dream is to make a i.p.s officer.....plz can anyone give tips to hw i make a i.p.s officer mean what i have done after inter for i.p.s job.
12th July 2012, 01:02 PM
Unregistered

how to face interview ? Dress code and pre-assisment ?
20th July 2012, 02:34 PM
Unregistered

i am working in l&t and i have to spend 14 hrs every day so how can i prearation ips
10th September 2012, 11:04 PM
Unregistered

which books study to make ips officer?
28th March 2013, 08:35 PM
Unregistered

yes i can become IPS officer after 12 or 10 and crack it in years according to my eligibility.
29th May 2013, 07:52 PM
Unregistered

what is the i.p.s officer training time period ????? please tell me
24th June 2013, 07:49 PM
Unregistered

I AM SIDDHARTHA,
AND I WANT TO ASK THAT HOW MANY YEARS I HAVE TO STUDY AFTER GRADUATION.......
25th June 2013, 11:09 PM
Unregistered

iam studying B.A 2year how to start for ips examination and iam weak in studies but i try my best
29th June 2013, 06:48 PM
Unregistered

my dream has to become IPS officer,my parents also want that,now i am studing in BCA 3rd year what i am doing after bca,plz tell me someone....????
31st July 2013, 03:12 PM
Unregistered

I am persuing BCA, i am interested in civil service. I want to know that which optional subject will be better for me to crack civil service exam with good score.
31st July 2013, 08:57 PM
maruthidevi

There is no fixed duration for the candidate to become IPS officer after completion of Graduation course. It depends upon the candidate whether to become IPS officer in 1 year or 2 years or more than that.

In order to become IPS Officer, one has to crack civil services examination being conducted by UPSC (Union Public Service Commission).

The complete selection procedure for this is by
-Civil Services Aptitude Test (CSAT)
-Civil Services Main Examination
-Interview

This is the common written exam for the candidates to be placed in various civil services like
-IAS
-IPS
-IRS etc.

Its not that you will be placed only in IPS. You need to score very high percentage in Main Examination to be placed in IPS.

So, I suggest you to have good preparation for CSAT Exam. Try to be strong enough in the following aspects which are a part of CSAT Exam.
-Aptitude
-General Awareness
-General English.

Simultaneously opt for the optional subjects as per your interest and where the subject knowledge that you gained in your previous academic levels will be better utilized.

Have good preparation for this exam and crack it.

Try to start preparation for this exam from a coaching institute which will make your preparation so easy.

Check yourself whether you meet the required age criteria for this exam or not.

Here it is,
-A candidate of General category should be in the age group of 21-30 years to be eligible for this exam.
-Relaxation is there in upper age limit upto 3 years for the candidates of OBC category and upto 5 years for the candidates of SC/ST category.
12th December 2013, 04:07 PM
Unregistered

How many years I have to study to become IPS Officer after completion of Graduation?
13th December 2013, 01:51 PM
Unregistered

what the procedure to complete the cource of ips
7th May 2014, 02:13 AM
Unregistered

hii m gayatri gupta. M in 10th std n my n my parents dream is tht I to be an IPS officer. So i wnt to knw tht aftr my 10th I cn start my preparation for IPS OFFICER? N if i cn start so, hw i'll hv to prepare myself for exam? N i wnt to knw is thr ny books cuming to prepare ourself or by whch we'll get to knw sum idea tht hw to give exam, by whch we'll get sum knwledge ? plzzz do rply of my question
7th May 2014, 02:29 AM
Unregistered

hiii m gayatri gupta. M in 10th std knw. Its mine n my parents dream tht i to be an IPS OFFICER. I wnt to knw tht aftr my 10th std i cn start preparing for being an IPS OFFICER? N if i cn start, so hw i'll hv to prepare myself for exam? I wnt to knw is thr ny books cuming by we'll get sum help to prepare ourself for this exam!! plzzzzzz do reply of my question.
10th June 2014, 07:44 PM
Unregistered

hii i m manish pandey i m study in 10th class and my parents dream is to become IPS officer so i want to ask can i start prepare for being IPS officer so can u tell me which book is good for me plz gime me reply
11th August 2014, 09:58 PM
Unregistered

iam study dgree but i am not going family problem idon know fluently english taking how much year study in i p s
17th August 2014, 02:26 PM
Unregistered

u a i am stidying in 11class in commerce stream .iam not so much good in studies . but i want tobe a ips officer so what i do first?
23rd August 2014, 11:17 PM
Unregistered

I am intersted in this ips exam but me clear only diploma in i.t.
So can i given this exam?
30th August 2014, 09:10 PM
Unregistered

Hello sir/mam..im frm karnakata I want to become an IPS officer so plz tel me a good way to be an IPS..right nw im studing bbm 2nd year.. I mean..How many years it take? About an financial? About percentage? About personality? About background? Plz suggest me it ll b more thankfull..
10th November 2014, 09:22 AM
Unregistered

I in final year of graduation ,,I will complete my 21 years in August n I want to appear for upsc exam for IPS in 2015 plzz help m out
19th December 2014, 02:56 PM
Unregistered

Sir i can't afford preparation classes & cannot go to famous city which are best for civil service exams ...
Then how can i prefer for those exams??...
-vikrant, Maharashtra
19th July 2015, 12:33 AM
Unregistered

Good evening sir,
sir my name is SALMAN i want to become an IPS OFFICER and i will work hard for it sir iam now 18 years and my height is 5'7 can i select for IPS.
8th May 2016, 02:59 PM
Unregistered

Which subject did I want to study at my university time to become a ips officer???
18th May 2016, 10:54 AM
Unregistered

I m studying civil engineering in NIT AGARTALA..now in final year...how to start from now to prepare for IPS exam...I want to appear in 2017 exam...its been a dream for me to become an IPS officer. nd how many years of course is it incase of one who passed the exam.
23rd May 2016, 05:06 PM
Unregistered

Is history necessary to be studied to become an ips officer
14th November 2016, 07:55 PM
Unregistered

How many times I have to study for prepair as a candidate of ips examination?
24th October 2017, 12:57 AM
Unregistered

I did my graduation from distance(not regular).
I appeared more time in degree exam. After I got my degree . And now my age is 28 , but my ambition is become an IPS officer. Is it possible to become an IPS officer ...what's the age limit. ...and how many years I have study? And what are the procedure to study for ips?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?