2nd November 2014, 06:33 PM
Unregistered

How can I become an IPS Officer? Conditions to become an IPS Officer?

Hi,
this is thakur shanker singh am completed my 10+2.
I want to become a IPS officer how can entry for ips officer.......?
and whats the terms and condition for apply ips officer...?
please let me know

5th November 2014, 09:00 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I become an IPS Officer? Conditions to become an IPS Officer?

To become an IPS officer, you need to appear for the Indian Civil Services examination which is conducted by UPSC every year. To be eligible to appear for IPS examination, you must have to satisfy the eligibility criteria mentioned below :-

1. You must be a citizen of India.

2. You must have obtained a Bachelor's degree in any discipline stream from a recognised university.

3. You must have attained the age of 21 years and must not have attained the age of 30 years. Age relaxation is applicable to the reserved category candidates as per government rules.

By satisfying the above mentioned eligibility criteria, you can appear for Indian Civil Services examination.

Selection Procedure :-
There are two stages in the civil services examination :-
1. Written Test
2. Personal Interview

Candidates who have qualified in written test will be called for personal interview and candidates who qualify in both the rounds will be selected for the Indian Police Services.

No. of Attempts :-
General :- 4 times
OBC :- 7 times
SC/ST :- No Limit
20th March 2015, 10:25 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: How can I become an IPS Officer? Conditions to become an IPS Officer?

Good evening my seif ruby
I want to know thaT if I clear entrence exm but if my hight is less then 165cm then I cAn become ips or not
21st March 2015, 07:42 PM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

To apply for the Civil's Examination (IAS ,IPS and IFS ) you need to complete graduation first and then only you have a chance to apply for the Civil's Examination. In general it is the exam and is conducted by the UPSC every year.

Eligibility for the Civil's Examination (IPS officer ):

1.You should have a graduation in any discipline from a recognized university. There is No requirement of percentage.

2.Age should be in between 21 to 30 years and age relaxation is there as per government norms.Final year student of graduation can also be eligible.

Physical standards for the IPS Examination :

1.For Male students (Height ) --- 165 cms (Gen and OBC ), 160 cms ( SC/ST )

2.For Female students ---- 150 cms (Gen and OBC ), 145 cms (SC/ST )

If you have less than particular height standard then you can try for IAS examination.
22nd March 2015, 04:19 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi,
please let me know
IPS stands for Indian Police Service. IPS exam is conducted by UPSC through civil service exam.

If you have completed graduation in any discipline from a recognized university then you are eligible for IPS exam.

Your age should be in between 21 years to 30 years for general candidates. Age relaxation is given below -

5 years relaxation for SC/ST candidates
3 years relaxation for OBC Candidates
10 years relaxation for PHC candidates
5 years relaxation for Ex-serviceman

Number of Attempts:-

For open category:- 4 attempts
For ST/SC category:- 7 attempts

Physical fitness criteria for IPS exam:-

Height

For Men : 165 cm(AROUND)
For Women :150 cm(AROUND)

OBC /SC/ST :

Male:160 cm and female :145 cm

Chest

Male candidates-84 (+ 5cm).

Female candidates-79cm(+ 5cm).

Eye Sight

For Worse Eye :6/12 or 6/9 distant vision
For good Eye :6/6 or 6/9 distant vision

For more details about IPS exam please visit to the official website www.upsc.gov.in
22nd March 2015, 04:20 PM
cuteneetu
Junior Member+

Smile Re: How can I become an IPS Officer? Conditions to become an IPS Officer?

hello dear friend,

AT this time you not eligible for the IPS officer exam because for IPS exam you must be passed graduate from the recognized university.

ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATION:-

* candidate must be passed graduate with atleast 50% from the recognized university.

* age must be 21 to 30 years.

* age relaxation for obc 3 years and for sc 5 years as per govt rule.

* you must be an indian.

* you must be fit and fine.

* your height must be good.

* both male and female candidate can apply for the exam.

you can also IFS AND IAS exam after completing graduation.

thank you
23rd March 2015, 09:02 PM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi,
please let me know

To become an IPS (Indian Police Service) officer you need to apply for the IPS Exam conducted by UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) every year. This exam offers candidates to join in as a IPS officer who satisfies the eligibility standards framed for the exam and they include:
  • Nationality
  • Age Limit
  • Education qualification
  • Physical Standard

# Candidate should have a Citizenship in India as per the nationality standard

# Age limit needed is candidate should have 21-30 years for General category.

# For SC/ST it is 21-35 years and for OBC candidate it is 21-33 years

# Educational qualification needed for the exam is candidate should have completed a degree from a recognized university in any stream of education.

# Candidate should be physically fit

Candidate who satisfies all these above criteria is eligible for applying for the exam. When regarding your qualification you are yet to be eligible for the IPS exam. It is better that you continue your studies and refer the eligibility standards and satisfy them in order to be eligible.

For more info check at http://www.upsc.gov.in
6th May 2015, 10:44 AM
Unregistered

Am a plus two student of kerala. I got admission in veternay collage. Am i eligible for ips after completing my veternary cource
11th July 2015, 08:22 AM
john215

Re: How can I become an IPS Officer? conditions to become an IPS Officer?

I have attach latest Civil service exam 2015 notification you can see the Eligibility, exam pattern, conditions also
Attached Files
File Type: pdf CSP_2015_eng_2.pdf(5.66 MB, 256 views)
14th July 2015, 03:44 AM
askmenow
Junior Member+

You said that you are 10+2, then you must join integrated course of degree along with Civils coaching, now a days many colleges are offering Civils coaching along with 3 years course of degree.
Ex: Narayana IAS academy etc.,
To have strong base better to join in such academy to be focused about the goal
15th December 2015, 12:58 AM
Unregistered

Sir, can i appear in ips exam my height is 160 cms and i'm obc category . I am the student of bsc(bio) .
23rd December 2015, 09:27 PM
Unregistered

Dear Sir,I am 9 year old I want to become IPS officer but I am not Indian citizen? I am born in Australia so I am Australian citizen but I leave in India on oci card can I become IPS officer and my mom and dad are Indian
25th January 2016, 11:44 PM
Unregistered

Dear
Sir i am the student of 2nd year b.com(hons)
and i want to become a IPS officer my height is good and my Physical health is also good how can i become a IPS officer it is my dream to become ..
a IPS officer....
16th April 2016, 07:29 PM
Unregistered

I am now 23 and I have finished my my 10 exam at this age am I eligible for IPS for my future studies
4th July 2016, 11:08 PM
Unregistered

My name is Ayush Srivastava I am students of class 9th IAm 13year old and I want to be a I P S Officer How can I become a IPS officer
11th May 2017, 06:32 PM
Unregistered

Sir my name is Bhagya and I am studying 10th now and I have to know that I use specs for sight and I have a small sight problem can I look for ips
18th August 2017, 09:42 PM
Unregistered

How can I prepare for upsc conduct IPS exams and his body . please give me a lnstraction so that I also want to become an IPS officer. Sukria
7th July 2018, 07:42 AM
Unregistered

Hello sir,as I am planning to become IPS and now I am studying in tenth so what step I have to take next to become IPS ... please tell me step by step about educational qualification..since I have gone through all the questions but I am not getting clarity about education so please tell me the possible ways to become IPS step by step
9th February 2020, 11:59 PM
Unregistered

Child should take arts or commerce for ups in 11 th class as he is good in sports & pass physical
22nd July 2020, 07:02 AM
Naga bhaskar

Sir I have eye sight with -4.5 male can I eligible for ips
27th September 2020, 11:20 PM
Unregistered

Benefits of Ncc certified in IPS and IAS or group 2
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?