5th January 2011, 07:13 PM
lotuslily

How can I tackle competitive exams? How to prepare for it?

Sir,
I am a mathematics Student , How to tackle the Competitive exams ?
Suggest some remedies for preparations and some technical tips to solve the problems.suggest as soon as possible.

12th August 2011, 03:32 PM
sparkle
Senior Member+++

Default Re: How can I tackle competitive exams? How to prepare for it?

Hello friend,

Well, key to your good preparation is only practice and lot of practice.
Try as much as possible to collect practice papers of which exam you are going to give.
May be the sources online or the general electronic media, it will help you to gather knowledge of those tests you are going to prepare for.

Though you have not mentioned which kind of competitive exams you are willing to give, I recommend you to follow the R.S Aggarwal's Books for the general section questions i.e aptitude/reasoning parts.

Foe current affairs and GK sections, you should follow the monthly GK magazines of different publishers.

Its totally on you how you can utilize your time in an efficient way. So do practice model papers as you find them on internet or on other mediums.

Good luck!
12th August 2011, 06:38 PM
maddusajj
Senior Member+++++

hi...the best way to tackle any examination is the practice and the clarity of the concepts ,these both go hand in hand so you should not neglect any one of the above because with practice comes the clarity of the concepts so you have to work hard thats the only option ,and as for as the tips are concerned then there is nothing called short cut for mathematics you have to be clear in your concepts to do well in this subjects ,
some of the best books for the mathematics are :
1.Engineering mathematics by bs grewal
2.IIT mathematics by dp dasgupta
3.Higher algebra by night and hall
4.Trignometry by sl loney
5.Eementary algebra by steven .j braynt,leon nower,daniel saltz
12th August 2011, 08:52 PM
saurabhkaushal333

you can join the classes of competitive exams . so you can made a ggod competition
12th August 2011, 10:06 PM
divyanakra
Senior Member+

Cool Re: How can I tackle competitive exams? How to prepare for it?

As you told that you are a mathematics student so you should good at mathematics.

There are some particular tricks for doing the aptitude questions came into competitive exams.They are not fixed you can make them by your own practice and solve as many questions as you can.

For this purpose you can refer the book written by R.S. Agarwal. famous book writer for quantitative aptitude. Main thing that you must keep in your mind is that practice always to control time the questions are not very hard but you have to do them in particular time.

And one more thing i want to tell you that you should aware of current affairs because they generally asked in the examination.
18th September 2011, 12:27 AM
Unregistered

I do not understand how can I remember lot of GK and current affairs. Try to remember but forget after sometimes. How can I grow up my performance level ?
12th October 2011, 12:24 AM
arun.potturu

To tackle competitive you need lot of practice.You should have speed thinking in solving problems.
The common subjects for competitive exams are
1.Aptitude based problems.
2.Reasoning type question.
3.General awareness questions.
You should strong in above topics then you will face easily all type of competitive exams.
Practice as many as possible papers it will increase your speed.
15th June 2012, 01:48 PM
guruvana244

Hi dear........
To crack the competitive exam you should be through in your study , & always have touch in your calculus & practical subject.

The list of best books from where you can prepare for the exam.......

you can also take coaching for Competitive exam which also helps to crack the exam.

Good luck......
1st July 2014, 12:11 PM
Unregistered

sir /madam,
hi i am nikitha i am studying in 2nd puc
pls give some tips for exam for me i am not able to read properly i am witing repited exam so pls
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?