7th June 2011, 03:24 PM
Unregistered

How can one become an IAS officer with science stream? Procedure to be followed?

How can one become ias officer with science stream. what procedure shouldbe easiest one

Related Questions:
  1. Can I become IAS officer having completed B.Sc. in IT? What is required to become IAS Officer?
  2. How to be an IAS officer? I am a 12th science student
  3. How to become an IAS officer for 11th standard student with science stream?
  4. Which stream is good to be taken to become an IAS? -- [New]
  5. What is the procedure to become an IAS officer after completing 2nd PUC in science with 40%
  6. What is the procedure followed to become an IAS officer with commerce stream?
  7. How to become an IAS officer? How may I get the details like eligibility criteria, qualification requirements etc for becoming an IAS officer? I am in 12th standard(maths stream)
  8. Best suitable course after XII Medical to become an IAS Officer?
  9. Which is better to study among B.Sc and B.Tech to become an IAS Officer?
  10. Can I become an IAS officer after studying Political Science and Sociology?
  11. How to prepare to become an IAS officer and which subjects to be chosen? I am a class 12th student from science -- [Most Discussed]
  12. How can I become an IAS officer after completing 2nd PUC with 40%
  13. What is the procedure to join IAS? I want to become an IAS officer
  14. Whether I am not eligible to become an IAS Officer being a Commerce student?
  15. Which field I should opt for in graduation to get selected as IAS officer?
  16. Am I eligible for IAS examination after completion of B.Sc.Environmental science?What's the admission procedure for the same?
  17. What should I do after 12th to become an IAS officer?
  18. What will the procedure to become Air Force Officer after 12th from Science stream?
25th July 2011, 03:13 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can one become an IAS officer with science stream? Procedure to be followed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
How can one become ias officer with science stream. what procedure shouldbe easiest one
<<<<Information About IAS Examination>>>>

If your Aim is to become IAS Officer In future, Then you have to apply for the UPSC Civil Services Examination.

And To apply for This examination Graduation is Necessary, Means You have to Purse a Graduate Degree Course in any discipline from a recognised University.

Eligiblity Criteria Of Civil Services Examination -

- You must have purse a graduate degree in any discipline from a recognised university.
- Your Age should be 21 to 30 years. (Upper age relaxation is applicable for Reserved category candidates).
- Final Year Graduate Candidates are also eligible to apply for This examination.

And If you are form Science Stream and Pursuing your Graduation degree course then you are eligible to apply for IAS Examination only when you are Pursuing your Final Year Degree Course.

The Examination was Conducted into Two stages, Preliminary examination and Main examination and After clear the Preliminary examination you are eligible to sit for Main examination.

The Notification was Published in the employment Newspaper in the month of February every year, Eligible candidates may fill the online application form directly from the UPSC Official website, Candidates are also fill the application form Offline By Obtaining the application form directly form the Post Offices in India. The Preliminary examination are Objective type and the complete pattern and syllabus are availiable in the Given Notification, So please read the given notification, If you want to get complete details about UPSC Civil services examination to become IAS Officer -

http://upsc.gov.in
Attached Files
File Type: pdf cs2011_eng.pdf(346.2 KB, 109 views)
25th July 2011, 03:32 PM
saurav9889

Default Re: How can one become an IAS officer with science stream? Procedure to be followed?

friend ias xam is really tough to crack with science subjects. still if u want i would suggest u take your graduation subjects if u are from a science background. otherwise typical subjects that most students take are public admin. ,geography, history,pali,psychology etc. best of luck!
25th July 2011, 04:56 PM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Hello friend,
To write civil service exam, no matter which stream you belong to, if you are a graduate you can write the exam.
To apply for the exam, you will have to obtain, fill up and submit the application form available at designated post office and head post offices throughout the country.
To apply for the exam, you must be within the age limit of 21-30 years.
After submitting the application form, you will have to appear for civil service aptitude test which will be followed by main exam and interview. To move on to next stages, you will have to qualify each one of them.
For more information, refer to the official website of UPSC.
25th July 2011, 07:41 PM
kunjeyan5282

If you want to join IAS ,you have to apply for Civil services exam conducted by UPSC once in a year.
Educational Eligiblity--
a bachelor degree in any discipline from a recognised university
Age Eligiblity--
A candidate must have attained 21 yrs but not elder than 28 yrs.
28th July 2011, 03:44 PM
Unregistered

procedure to become an IAS officer with science stream
31st July 2011, 08:38 PM
Vikas Abhishek

Quote:
Of course,you can become an IAS if you are from science stream.
For that,you will have to qualify the exam which is conducted by UPSC in three stages:-
1.CSAT
2.MAINS
3.INTERVIEW.

Following eligibility are required:-
1.Graduation from any discipline.
2.Age between 21 to 30 years.
22nd January 2012, 08:32 PM
Unregistered

can apply for ias exam after completing graduation in science field ?
29th January 2012, 12:19 PM
vikasjha39
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
HI,
Success is not so easy to get as you think.
For I.P.S you have to qualify the U.P.S.C CIVIL SERVICES EXAM.
Qualification:- Pass graduation with any stream from recognized university.

Age limit:-
For Open category:- 21-30 year
For OBC category:- 21-33 YEAR
For ST/SC category:- 21-37 year

Number of Attempts:-
For open category:- 4 attempts
For ST/SC category:- 7 attempts
For more detail Log on to www.upsc.gov.in

GOOD LUCK!
23rd July 2012, 10:58 PM
samatha89
Member+

Eligiblity Criteria Of Civil Services Examination -

- You must have purse a graduate degree in any discipline from a recognised university.
- Your Age should be 21 to 30 years. (Upper age relaxation is applicable for Reserved category candidates).
- Final Year Graduate Candidates are also eligible to apply for This examination.

And If you are form Science Stream and Pursuing your Graduation degree course then you are eligible to apply for IAS Examination only when you are Pursuing your Final Year Degree Course.

The Examination was Conducted into Two stages, Preliminary examination and Main examination and After clear the Preliminary examination you are eligible to sit for Main examination.

The Notification was Published in the employment Newspaper in the month of February every year, Eligible candidates may fill the online application form directly from the UPSC Official website, Candidates are also fill the application form Offline By Obtaining the application form directly form the Post Offices in India. The Preliminary examination are Objective type and the complete pattern and syllabus are availiable in the Given Notification, So please read the given notification, If you want to get complete details about UPSC Civil services examination to become IAS Officer -

http://upsc.gov.in
18th June 2013, 02:44 AM
Unregistered

how much this course cost
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?