12th July 2012, 09:24 PM
Unregistered

How can a Women join Air force? I am doing 3rd year BSc

Dear sir, i am vishnupriya. sir i am doing third year BSC. sir i am very intrested to become a pilot.dear sir say me that how to join a women in airforce.yours faithfully.

Related Questions:
  1. How to join Air Force as a Pilot? I am a student of B.Tech 3rd year
  2. How to make my career in air force after doing BSc in Nutrition and Dietetics
  3. How to join Air Force to become a Pilot after my 3rd year BSc?
  4. How can I join Air Force as a Pilot? I am a student of B.Tech 3rd year IT
  5. How can I join indian air force? -- [New]
  6. How to join Indian Air Force being a candidate of pursuing 3rd year BE in Mechanical Engineering?
  7. How to join Air Force as a Pilot? I am pursuing mechanical engineering in 3rd year
  8. Which Entrance Exam I have to appear for to join Indian Air Force being a candidate of pursuing 3rd year BE in CSE? What procedure to follow for this?
  9. How to join Indian Air Force after passing class 10th? What is the education requirement for Indian Air Force? -- [Most Discussed]
  10. How can Women join as a Pilot in Air Force? What are my chances? My age is 21 and have done 12th Non Medical
  11. How to join Indian Air Force as a pilot after doing BSc computers?
  12. Can I join Indian Air Force as a medical graduate?
  13. How to join Indian Air Force after doing 3rd year B.E in mechanical engineering
  14. Procedure to join Indian Air Force being a candidate of pursuing 5th semester BE in Electronics and Instrumentation? Information regarding University Entry Scheme?
  15. Am I eligible to join Air Force being a candidate of pursuing 3rd year B.Tech in EEE?
  16. How to join Indian Air Force being a girl pursuing 3rd year B.Tech in ECE?
  17. How to join Air Force? What are the exams to join Air force?
  18. Am I eligible to join Indian Air Force being a candidate pursuing 3rd semester in BE IT after completion of Diploma?
13th July 2012, 12:22 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can a Women join Air force? I am doing 3rd year BSc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Dear sir, i am vishnupriya. sir i am doing third year BSC. sir i am very intrested to become a pilot.dear sir say me that how to join a women in airforce.yours faithfully.

After Graduation women candidates can join the army through the CDS exam but as far as Air force academy is concerned then only male candidates can join through CDS.

But both men and women can join the Indian air force through Air Force common admission test (AFCAT)

Since you are interested in becoming a pilot I am giving out the details for eligibility for flying branch only.
The educational qualification and physical standard required for technical and ground based duty will be different

Eligibility Criteria for AFCAT -

Educational qualification

The candidate must have completed graduation in any disciplineor engineering degree with a minimum of 60% marks from a recognized university

Age limit

The upper and lower age limits for both male and female candidates for AFCAT is 19 to 23 years.

There are also some physical standards like -

-The candidate must have a height of a minimum of 162.5 cm.
-the leg length must be a minimum of 99 cm and maximum of 120 cm.
-Thigh length must not be more than 64 cm
-THe sitting height must be a minimum of 81.5 cm and maximum of 96 cm.

Application procedure

The candidate can apply both online and online either by registering on the official website of career air force www.careerairforce.nic.in or by downloading the form and submitting it.

First of all you will have to give an entrance test of 2 hours. It will consist of objective type questions only. The questions will be asked from erbal ability, numerical ability, reasoning, general awareness and military aptitude.

The short listed candidates will then be called for 3 stages of test.

The first stage will consist of intelligence and other tests which will be carried out on the first day.

The second stage will consist of Psychological test, Group Tests and Interview in four days.

Since you are interested in flying branch you will also have to give Pilot
Aptitude Battery Test (PABT).

The last step will be the medical examination conducted by IAM or AFMCE that you will have to clear.
13th July 2012, 12:33 PM
ansh_ansh
Senior Member++++

Educational qualification

The candidate must have completed graduation in any disciplineor engineering degree with a minimum of 60% marks from a recognized university

Age limit

The upper and lower age limits for both male and female candidates for AFCAT is 19 to 23 years.

There are also some physical standards like -

-The candidate must have a height of a minimum of 162.5 cm.
-the leg length must be a minimum of 99 cm and maximum of 120 cm.
-Thigh length must not be more than 64 cm
-THe sitting height must be a minimum of 81.5 cm and maximum of 96 cm.
13th July 2012, 12:43 PM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

Women candidate can join Indian Air Force through AFCAT exam after Graduation.

AFCAT - AIR FORCE COMMON ADMISSION TEST conducted by Air Force for entry in to :-

FLYING BRANCH
TECHNICAL BRANCH
GROUND DUTY BRANCH

Both male and female candidate having completed Graduation wit or without science subject with 60% marks from a recognised University is eligible to apply for AFCAT.

The age limit for Flying branch is 19 to 23 years, for Technical branch 18 to 28 years and for Ground Duty officer 20 to 23 years of age.

As being a female candidate you can join Indian Air Force through AFCAT after completion of your Graduation.

The selection is through three phases:-

Written exam
SSB Interview
Medical Test

The written exam comprises of objective type questions based on the subjects like:-

-Reasoning
-verbal Ability
-General Awareness
-Numerical Ability & General Aptitude

AFCAT can be applied through both on line and off line mode.

For more information you may log on to http://www.careerairforce.nic.in
13th July 2012, 01:20 PM
gokuls1

heyy dear,
if u r a final year student, then u can apply for IAF through the exams like AFCAT or UPSC CDS.
This exams helds twice a yearr, now the online form has been closed for AFCAT as well as CDS... LAst date of online formm for CDS was 2nd july n for AFCAT was 9th july.
so for this u have to apply exams of Jan 2013.
eligibility: final year any graduate stream with 60% aggregate and no current recent backlogs.
age limit: 19 to 23 yrs.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?