7th August 2013, 01:48 PM
Rekha Singh Sangwan

How can I join Air Force as a Pilot? I am a student of B.Tech 3rd year IT

Hello Sir,
m student of B.Tech 3rd yr (I.T.) branch.Being a female engineering student,i m interested in joining air force as a pilot.i would like to know the basic requirement and procedure to join it.
Sir, m having high power,after doing laser can i apply for the exam?
Is laser fine in air force?

28th May 2015, 05:46 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I join Air Force as a Pilot? I am a student of B.Tech 3rd year IT

To become a pilot you have to get all three License i.e Student Pilot License (SPL),Private Pilot License (PPL),Commercial Pilot License (CPL).

Eligibility for Student Pilot License (SPL):

The candidate must be at least 16 years of age and have passed 10th.

Eligibility for Private Pilot License (PPL):

The candidate must have passed 10+2 with PCM group of subjects .

Eligibility for Commercial Pilot License (CPL):

The candidate must have passed 12th with at least 60% marks in aggregate with Mathematics and Physics.

The candidate age should be from 18 years to 30 years .

Candidate must also have PPL with at least flying experience of 3 years.

One can get his/her CPL after completing 250 hours of flying.

The eligibility criteria required to become a pilot are as under:-

The candidate must have passed 10+2 with minimum 50% marks in Physics,Chemistry and Mathematics as major subjects.

The candidate should have Commercial pilot's license, airline certifications.

The candidate should have experience of 250 hours in flight

There are some key skills which are needed in a pilot are good depth perception, good communication and problem-solving skills,Quick reaction time.

The technical skills required for a pilot are knowledge of on-board systems and ability to monitor them.

The female candidate who wishes to join Indian Air Force has to complete their graduation degree first.The female candidate can join Indian Air Force through CDS(Common Defense Services) exam and AFCAT(Airforce Common Admission Test) exam.

The CDS exam is conducted by UPSC every year in order to make recruitment in different wings of Indian Army.The qualification required for Indian Air Force Academy is 10+2 level degree with Physics and Mathematics or Bachelor of Engineering

The AFCAT exam is conducted for 3 branches namely Technical Branch,Flying branch and Ground duty branch.

For Technical Brach , Your age should be between 18-28 years

For Ground duty branch , your age should be between 20-23 years

For Flying branch , your age shouldbe between 19-23 years
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?