25th December 2015, 01:22 PM
Unregistered

How commerce student can get into IT field?

Well i am Interested in IT and also taken a field of commerce. So, what can I Do? Suggest me good advice as soon as possible.

29th December 2016, 07:00 PM
ranjeet250490
Senior Member++++

Arrow Re: How commerce student can get into IT field?

Commerce Stream is what a students takes up post his metric / Class 10th exams. It is that time of the academic life when one has to make a choice between the following:

Science, Commerce or Arts

All these three streams have their own pros and cons but it is said that Science stream (which deals with subjects such as Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics) is the one that is the toughest and requires a lot of dedication and sacrifice. Also next is the commerce which you are studying/have studied (which deals with subjects like Economics, Business Studies, Mathematics etc) followed by Arts which is more on the creative side and is lighter than the rest of the two.

As far as the IT field is concerned, it is a tough ask for anybody who is a non-science graduate to enter it. However, the possibilities can't be ruled out just like that. There are a few things that you can try to do to start a career in IT Industry:

1. IT means Information Technology. It is nothing but the technology side of anything and everything that is happening over mobiles and computers. Be it websites, application software, mobile applications it is all IT. It involves majorly these areas of work:

Software Development
Software Testing
Software Maintenance

2. If you wish to make a career in this domain, you have to gain certain skills or expertise that are valued in this industry. You can try starting with the following certifications:

A. C/C++ Coding
B. Java language
C. Testing Techniques
D. Database Management
E. SAP / Hadoop Big Data

These certifications can be done by anyone and have no such criteria that restricts you from taking it.

If you clear these then it would add some weightage to your profile regarding IT candidature. Post which you can easily start applying to the top IT Companies in India:

Infosys, TCS, Wipro, Accenture, Cognizant, Tech Mahindra, Syntel, iGate, Cybage Software and many more start up companies.

Make profiles in Naukri, Timesjobs, Shine and Monster and upload your resumes there. Do not forget to highlight your certifications that you have done such that there is ample weight in your profile to hold it against B.Techs in IT and Computer Science.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?