9th May 2011, 11:45 AM
Unregistered

What are the posts one will get after IAS and PCS? Is there any difference in the payscale?

what are the posts one will get after ias and pcs.is there any difference between their payscale

16th June 2011, 12:51 AM
aditya436
Senior Member++++

Arrow Re: What are the posts one will get after IAS and PCS? Is there any difference in the payscale?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
what are the posts one will get after ias and pcs.is there any difference between their payscale
The posts one can expect after clearing IAS all the three levels i.e.,

preliminary

Mains

Interview

after getting rank you will be allotted to a particular cadre it may be IAS IPS,IFS etc. etc.

in this cadre you will be get trained for 1 to 2 years and then placed in a junior officer range

with basic pay of 15k

this is just temporary while you get increased with experience your salary and position will also have huge hikes so all you need to do is work sincerely and get appreciation from all the sides

then you can become a good officer.

First you need to clear the examination from the first level afterwards you will get a clear picture about the career in that .

but one thing we can say is the career in civil services will be very bright

all the best for your goal

regards

~A~
16th June 2011, 08:03 AM
dineshpandiyan

Post Re: What are the posts one will get after IAS and PCS? Is there any difference in the payscale?

after clearing IAS, there are three tests are conducted
1. premilinary
2. mains
3. interviews

you finish and passed all these test. they will give posts IAS, IPS, IFS, etc.
16th June 2011, 08:39 AM
venkatgct

Default Re: What are the posts one will get after IAS and PCS? Is there any difference in the payscale?

Quote:
friend,

IAS: Indian administrative service.

it one of the topmost posts in the government of india, with the highest honour and the payscale of any employee of the government.

u wil be given a post depending upon the ranking u get. if u score good u may get to work in the home state of urs.

ur eligible to be called to work for the central governement and attain the highest ministry secretary posts also. u hav a approximate pay scale of 60k, according to 6th pay commission

PCS: punjab civil services.

this is a state level administrative programme with the honour of serving the state government.

the category is quite different form the IAS officers and so is the pay scale.

regards,..
16th June 2011, 12:29 PM
foreturner
Senior Member+

Default Re: What are the posts one will get after IAS and PCS? Is there any difference in the payscale?

IAS and PCS are both top of the line

government services, IAS is central government job and you get higher ranked

services the first posting is as SDO,

from PCS it will take you several years to become SDO after first posting,

Another difference is that with IAS career scope is much more and you can go on to

become secretary chief secretary and further as home secretary cabinet secretary

etc in central government.

these opportunities will not be available if you join PCS.

There is not much difference in Payscale
16th June 2011, 12:30 PM
foreturner
Senior Member+

Another difference is that with IAS career scope is much more and you can go on to

become secretary chief secretary and further as home secretary cabinet secretary

16th June 2011, 01:30 PM
Unregistered

Are B.tech in(CS) students eligible for IES exam?
16th June 2011, 01:46 PM
ajinkyachowdhury

Dear friend
the latest pay scales of IAS/IPS services after 6th pay commission recommendations declared by the Government is given in the attachment.
Old scale of Rs 8000-13500 revised to 15600-39100 & so on.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Pay_Scales_IAS_IFS_Sixth_Pay_Commission.jpg
Views:	2199
Size:	15.2 KB
ID:	33660  
16th June 2011, 02:16 PM
sandymishra45

Lightbulb Re: What are the posts one will get after IAS and PCS? Is there any difference in the payscale?

after getting rank you will be allotted to a particular cadre it may be IAS IPS,IFS etc.
in this cadre you will be get trained for 1 to 2 years and then placed in a junior officer range
with basic pay of 15k
this is just temporary while you get increased with experience your salary and position.
16th June 2011, 04:06 PM
Unregistered

shall i give compatative exam after D.ED?
17th June 2011, 02:28 PM
kartavya99

Quote:
yes there is difference in their payscale. ias is much better than pcs.
20th July 2011, 10:29 PM
Unregistered

i am a commerce field student and want to do ias in commerce and accountancy field if i cleared the exam what post'll i get in this field
28th July 2011, 06:50 PM
Unregistered

in pcs which post is heigher
11th August 2011, 03:20 PM
Unregistered

if i have compartment once in maths 12th class...,am i capable of giving the exam of ias?
6th November 2011, 10:40 AM
rudramishra

16th November 2011, 04:03 PM
Unregistered

what is the best optional paper combination for ias exam for rannking higher marks?
29th January 2012, 06:47 PM
Unregistered

how much difficult for sc/st students to clear test?
9th February 2012, 11:59 PM
Unregistered

wht are d steps for pcs exam? and after clearing den wht ll do...as m student of bcom..and nw want to start searing for my carrer and my aim is to do pcs so pls need small guide to go further...
19th April 2013, 02:50 AM
Unregistered

what r d post one will get after clearing pcs exam?
25th April 2013, 11:24 AM
Unregistered

Is tahsildar is one of the post given after pcs exam
19th June 2013, 06:27 PM
Unregistered

hi this is Anjali Tripathi.now i m the student of L.L.B six sem. i want to know about the pcsj exam & its preparation. how can i prepare for the exam.and when exam will be comes.plz send these informations in my id [email protected]
19th June 2013, 06:42 PM
Unregistered

Hi,This is Anjali tripathi. I m the student of LL.B.six sem.I want to know about the pcsj exams & when it will be comes . what r the eligebilty for the exam.Plz send these all informations at my id [email protected].
7th August 2013, 02:24 PM
Unregistered

my height is 5'1" ??i want to ask can i m eligible for pcs exam..and interview..??
29th April 2014, 11:32 AM
Johna556

I have read several good stuff here. Certainly worth bookmarking for revisiting. I surprise how much effort you put to make such a magnificent informative web site. fecbfkaddkge
3rd October 2014, 12:26 AM
Unregistered

respectively sir
I m Muhammad Mujassim Pasha sir plz tell me
me Ias krna chahta hun lekin me aapse ye advise lena chahta hun k B.A or B.Tech me se konsa course ya graduation achchha rahega
Me ab B.A first year me hun konse subject se sahi rahega sir ans to me

ur respector
MOHD MUJASSIM PASHA
10th February 2015, 03:11 PM
Unregistered

Talking Re: What are the posts one will get after IAS and PCS? Is there any difference in the payscale?

Quote:
Originally Posted by venkatgct View Post
friend,

IAS: Indian administrative service.

it one of the topmost posts in the government of india, with the highest honour and the payscale of any employee of the government.

u wil be given a post depending upon the ranking u get. if u score good u may get to work in the home state of urs.

ur eligible to be called to work for the central governement and attain the highest ministry secretary posts also. u hav a approximate pay scale of 60k, according to 6th pay commission

PCS: punjab civil services.

this is a state level administrative programme with the honour of serving the state government.

the category is quite different form the IAS officers and so is the pay scale.

regards,..
Don't you even have slightest of sense of what you are talking!!! IAS : Adminstrative Services under Union Public Service Commission and PCS means : Provincial Civil Services(not PUNJAB Civil Services) that covers all the states'(Provinces) civil services:: the change in level : for example Difference between Powers of Prime Minister and Chief Minister.
13th June 2015, 09:21 PM
Unregistered

Hi,i m ghanshyamkannaujiya
i want to know difference bitween IAS and PCS, and plz tell me what kinds of post in IAS & PCS given by government atfte clearing IAS & PCS exam.
plz tell me on my email. My emai ld [email protected]
21st May 2016, 06:17 PM
pankaj tiwRi

Post is totally dependent on your rank and your choice.. In the current synario most of the students preffered for post IAS who cleared civil services examination.. Other posts which anyone get after selection are given below.
IAS
IPS
IRS
IFS
and other central government services.. The very first post offered in these services are given below
Deputy collector (IAS)
DSP (IPS)
Assistant commissioner (IRS) and so on ..
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?