15th October 2016, 08:03 AM
Siddupnair

How to compete for 2018 NDA exams?

Dear sir, My name is Siddhartha and now I am studying in 11th . I have taken biotech as my optimal subject and not maths. My father and mother both are working in the Indian army. So sir what should I do to compete in the 2018 NDA exams .

15th October 2016, 04:17 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to compete for 2018 NDA exams?

Here I will give you few steps to compete for NDA 2018:

Revise NCERT text books in the last few days.

Class 12th books must be referred for Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry sections and Class 10th books for Biology, Geography, History, Political Science, and Economics.

Create a revision sheet for Mathematics.

English is most scoring subject for NDA so its preparation is necessary.

The candidates must have knowledge of India’s struggle for freedom, Constitution of India and the political scenario of India.

Current Affairs is one of the most important sections in the entrance exam.

Practice at least one sample paper before sitting for the exam.
15th October 2016, 04:37 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Without studying mathematics, it is very difficult for any candidate to crack written test of National Defence Academy examination. Mathematics plays a vital role and those who do not clear this paper, their general ability test paper is not evaluated.

*You must study mathematics of standard 11th and 12th by R.S Aggarwal. Solve this book by self study or by doing any coaching side by side.

*Read daily newspapers and lucent publication general knowledge book for static general knowledge.

*English Grammar by Wren and Martin and by Arihant Publication.

*Solve previous year papers.

Practice is key to success in this exam.
15th October 2016, 05:37 PM
rachna sarswat
Senior Member+

Tips for cracking NDA exams:
1. You should start your preparations as soon as possible.
2. Check out the syllabus and make your routine according to that.
3. See the previous years question papers so you may get some idea about your paper.
4. Solve mock question papers as much as you can.
5. Improve your English. Read English newspapers and see the news on TV. Make it your habit. It will help you.
6. Start your preparations from the basics. For that you can also read the books of 6th,7th or 8th class.
7. Keep yourself physically and mentally fit.
8. Focus on those subjects in which you are weak
9. There will be negative marking in the exams so don't make any guesses. Give the answer if you are sure about it.
10. Develop your personality.
11. Most important be calm and confident in the examination hall.

Some important books for NDA exam:
1. Arihants path finder NDA & NA
2. Path finder for NDA & NA
3. Lucent general science

Thanks
16th October 2016, 12:32 AM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

You will have to study mathematics as mathematics is one of the compulsory subjects in National Defence Academy examination. This is first paper of 300 marks. If you have not opted for this subject then also, you will have to study this subject if you want to get into defence through NDA examination.

You can solve yourself NCERT books of mathematics for 10+1 and 10+2. You must practice mathematics from standard tenth to 10+2 to clear this paper in NDA exam. For general ability test, read current affairs magazine, daily newspapers, read NCERT science books. The age limit for NDA exam is 16.5-19.5 years. Only unmarried male candidates can apply for this examination.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?