31st July 2013, 07:34 PM
Unregistered

How to concentrate in Maths subject?

i have problem in practicing maths so how do i concentrate in maths subject

23rd March 2015, 04:12 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to concentrate in Maths subject?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i have problem in practicing maths so how do i concentrate in maths subject
There are many students who face problems while coping with Maths while some have a fear of Maths. But trust me, Maths is not at all a fearful or dreadful subject which some of you consider it to be. In fact, it is one of the interesting subjects that we learn in our entire educational curriculum. Like other subjects, Maths cannot be learnt just by cramming. It requires efforts true efforts to understand it. Maths requires strong basic knowledge, strong logic's, long and consistent practice session and of course, INTEREST in the subject.

Maths is also alike other subjects that we go through during our education. What makes the difference is our Interest in the subject. Therefore, due to lack of interest in the subject we are unable to concentrate on the subject and thus find problems in coping with it. So, to arouse your interest in Mathematics, you need to truly go through with these points and follow them as Mantra to deal with problems that comes while studying it.

1. Firstly, you need to be fresh in your mind. Consider Maths like your other subjects. And importantly, stop uttering the word “TOUGH” for Maths. Be calm and optimistic while you sit to study Mathematics. Stop thinking about what if you will not be able to answer the question correctly. Be away with the gadgets that may distract you.

2. Secondly, you need to make the base of Mathematics stronger by studying and applying its Fundamental concepts. Begin to slow. Start with the light, i.e. with easy questions. Once, your basic concepts of Maths get sharpened, automatically the confidence will come and it will light the spark of interest in Maths in you. As your accuracy in solving problems will increase, the same way your interest in Mathematics will start growing. More you practice, more you will be confident. And slowly move to the bigger problems for solving.

3. Learn every formula in Mathematics. Apart from this, you must know what and where the particular formula can be applied to. Maths is a practical subject where you will know the use of formula for any particular application/problem only when you use it i.e. you practice it.

4. Understand what the question is stating. Read each and every line of the question carefully and after understanding the question, apply the required logic or formula in it to solve it.

5. Do not let go any problem. Give your best to solve it. Despite of several attempts, if you still don’t get the correct answer, don’t get frustrated. Take the problem to another person which can be your teacher/family member/friend and share it with them and act accordingly with their guidance to get the problem solved. After their hint, try to solve problem by yourself.

6. Practice for at least 2-3 hrs daily. Understand the problem well. Understand the concept to solve the problem. And then start practicing your exercise. Don’t jump directly on the bigger problems. Go slow and steady, because Slowly and has steadily won the race.

I wish and hope, this will surely help you to grow your interest and concentration in Mathematics. I wish you all the best wishes for it. Don’t be afraid while facing any question in Maths.
7th January 2017, 06:39 PM
Unregistered

In my rural area nobody is helpful for studying Bsc level mathematics & I have no teacher so what I have to do.
8th January 2017, 05:44 PM
Abhijeet_2016
Senior Member+

>> Practice the important formulas of the maths regularly, this will strong your mental maths.
>> Make sure that you practice at least 50-100 questions regularly to improve your maths.
>> If you have internet connection then you can get guide from you tube also.
>> You can also take help of many competition books of B.Sc level of author S.Chand and Dr P.k Mittal.
>> You can also be in contact of maths teacher for any conceptual guide from time to time.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?