15th June 2010, 01:40 PM
arjunvprasad007

How to start preparation for GATE exam for admission in M.Tech course in IIT?

Sir,
I hav completed XII and is waiting for allotment...
I may take EEE or Mechanical...
I hav heard a lot about gate...
I would like to take M.Tech from IIT..
Can u advice me wen to start my preparations and how..
Is self study enough..?
Where can I get the study material..?

3rd August 2011, 05:16 PM
saurav9889

Default Re: How to start preparation for GATE exam for admission in M.Tech course in IIT?

friend gate is an conceptual exam where ur concepts are tested hence it will be ideal if u start prepairing from the 2nd yr of engg. for gate self study is sufficient provided that u can solve most of the problems by yourself otherwise either take coaching or take help from teachers of ur college. best of luck!
3rd August 2011, 06:13 PM
maddusajj
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to start preparation for GATE exam for admission in M.Tech course in IIT?

hi....this is very early for you to start preparing for gate ,its good that you are thinking about it from now itself but still its too early,because the main syllabus of gate exam is from the third year of engineering and you have not started even your first year,
the only one thing you can do from now on is concentration on the maths classes because in gate 15 marks questions are asked from the maths subject so if you concentrate from now on it will be very helpful for you,
i am attaching the brochure of the gate exam so that you can have the idea of the examination
Attached Files
File Type: pdf brochure.pdf(2.45 MB, 76 views)
3rd August 2011, 06:53 PM
sumitkumarsharma
Senior Member+

Wink Re: How to start preparation for GATE exam for admission in M.Tech course in IIT?

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjunvprasad007 View Post
Sir,
I hav completed XII and is waiting for allotment...
I may take EEE or Mechanical...
I hav heard a lot about gate...
I would like to take M.Tech from IIT..
Can u advice me wen to start my preparations and how..
Is self study enough..?
Where can I get the study material..?
Dear friend yes GATE exam is very good exam for all engineering student for higher degree..........

That's why yes you can do M.TECH from any IIT ,this is totally depend on you how you will prepared for all exams...............

If you want to take admission in IIT then surely you will do hard labor..........

Without hard labor this is not possible you take admission in IIT...,That's why make a routine and do work hard.........

Some books are available for GATE exam....

1.G.K PUBLISHERS

2.RAMESH PUBLISHORS

These two are very important for preparation...but first syllabus cover from books then use this books........

you can take study-material from coaching center,some coaching center are good and you can demand study material by post..........

Some coaching center name is given here.......

1.MADE EASY DELHI

2.IES ACADEMY

These are too much important coaching center............
3rd August 2011, 10:36 PM
Unregistered

SIR I HAVE COMPLITED MCA LAST YEAR PLS SUJEST WHAT CAN I DO FOR M.TECH ADMISONS IN IIT COLLAGES AND WHAT IS SALBUS IN ENTRANCE EXAMIATION.
22nd September 2011, 12:18 PM
Unregistered

WITH OUT GOING FOR COACHING CENTER CAN WE ABLE PASS IN IIT EXAM?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?