31st July 2012, 03:07 PM
Unregistered

How to do CS after completing post graduation in M.A?

hello sir,
i had complited my post graduation in MA, now i want to do cs this course.. can i eligible for this course??

24th October 2012, 10:57 AM
sandeepsaini.saini522
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to do CS after completing post graduation in M.A?

hi,

Institute of Company Secretaries of India(ICSI) is the institute which is responsible for conducting exams for the COMPANY SECRETARY COURSES.
The Company Secretary Course Comprises of three Courses.They are
1.Foundation Course
2.Executive Course
3.Professional Course
- One is supposed to qualify the 1st Course to be eligible for 2ND Course and to qualify the 2ND course to be eligible for 3rd course.
Eligibility Criteria for CS :-
- You should pass in 12Th in any Stream from any recognized board for Foundation Course.
- If you are a Graduate,you can directly enter in to Executive Course.
- Generally the entrance exams are conducted in the month of August/September.
The duration of CS course is 2 years after graduation and training will be necessary if you want to like participate cs course,
In CS training is not restricted to participate only.You have to under go 15 months training in cs to get the member ship of ICSI
For further Information http://www.icsi.in
24th October 2012, 12:33 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to do CS after completing post graduation in M.A?

I don't think you should go for the Company Secretary course. It would be better if you try for the college lectureship through the National Eligibility Test. You have completed post graduation which is necessary for college lectureship.

You should have mentioned your age in the question. If you have crossed 30 years then please do not apply for the Company Secretary because majority of companies prefer young freshers for this job. This is I have witnessed myself.

Anway you should know the responsibilities of the Company Secretary. This course focuses on the Corporate Law therefore your role is to ensure company is following all the regulations. Company Secretary advises Board of Directors and Chairman of the board on various issues.

There are primary three stages in the Company Secretary course. Since you have completed graduation, you don't need to appear for the first stage. Take direct admission into the second stage of Company Secretary course. Below is more information about the course.

Foundation Course

1. English and Business Communication

2. Elements of Business Laws and Management

3. Economics and Statistics

4. Financial Accounting

Fee: Rs. 3,600/-

Intermediate Course

1. General and Commercial Laws

2. Company Accounts

3. Cost and Management Accounting

4. Tax Laws

5. Company Law

6. Economic and Labour Laws

7. Securities Laws and Compliances

Fee: Rs, 7,000/-

Final Course

1. Corporate Restructuring and Insolvency

2. Company Secretarial Practice

3. Drafting ,Appearances ,Pleading

4. Strategic Management , Alliances and International Trade

5. Advanced Tax Laws and Practice

6. Due Diligence and Corporate Compliance Management

7. Governance , Business Ethics and Sustainability

8. Financial , Treasury , Forex Management

Fee: Rs. 7,500/-

As I mentioned earlier you don't need to do first stage which is known as Foundation Course. You can take direct admission into the Intermediate Course.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?