5th September 2012, 02:02 PM
avict1

How to do M.Tech from IIT? Which are the coaching classes?

i am a b.e. 3rd year student. i am intended for m.tech too. i want to do it from iit. do i NEED a caaoching class or if i study by my own it is also possible to crack the exam? just tell me your views.thank you.

Related Questions:
  1. Last date of joining coaching classes of IIT? List of best coaching institutes for IIT JEE in Maharashtra?
  2. Should I join IIT coaching classes or do self study?
  3. Which are the coaching institutes for IIT JEE? What is the schedule of IIT?
  4. How to join coaching classes after passing B.Com with 75%? Is coaching class essential to become a charted accountant?
  5. List of the colleges offering M.Tech course in Electronics apart from IITs and NITs? When should I start preparation for GATE? List of the best GATE coaching classes in Mumbai?
  6. Contact details in Pune area for IIT B.Tech coaching classes?
  7. How to take admission in Aakash Coaching classes for IIT JEE? How to prepare for that?
  8. List of the top coaching classes along with their address and contact number offering classes for IIT JEE in Patna?
  9. When is the right time to send my son for coaching for IIT JEE?
  10. Details of 1 year fee for IIT coaching in Bansal classes?
  11. Names of the IIT coaching classes in Akola?
  12. Best coaching institutes to prepare for IIT JEE? I have scored 93% in 12th
  13. Which are the best coaching classes for IIT JEE and AIEEE in Pune?
  14. List of IIT-JAM coaching classes for MCA in Maharashtra?
  15. Best IIT JEE coaching classes in Pune? I am a student 10th student
  16. Are coaching classes required to pass iit-jee? -- [Most Discussed]
  17. Is it fine to take 1 year gap for GATE coaching? Is it true that some companies do not select students with gaps? List of GATE coaching classes in India?
  18. Best coaching classes for IIT JAM in Hyderabad for Mathematics -- [New]
21st November 2012, 04:04 PM
ankima
Senior Member+

Default Re: How to do M.Tech from IIT? Which are the coaching classes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by avict1 View Post
i am a b.e. 3rd year student. i am intended for m.tech too. i want to do it from iit. do i NEED a caaoching class or if i study by my own it is also possible to crack the exam? just tell me your views.thank you.
Dear,

The only way by which you can take admission in IITs for M.tech is through GATE. All the IITs consider GATE scores to give admission in M.tech course. So, you need to qualify GATE with at least 98 percentile if you wish to study in IIT.

Sometimes even 99 percentiles don't get a call from IITs but work hard and try to get a good rank with good percentile you will get an IIT surely as nothing is impossible if you really want anything.

GATE is not so difficult to be very honest if you have good commend in your core subjects that you have learnt in your engineering. You just need to practice more and study from standard books in detail about all the topics.

It completely depends on your capability where you require a coaching or not. GATE normally does not require any coaching as it totally depends on self study and your own practice. But still if you need more guidance you can join it. But do remember joining a coaching does not mean you can qualify GATE just by attending coaching classes. You have to give more time on self study and practice.

Make your own notes for studying that will help you in revision and practice more and more by taking mock test. I am repeating "Practice" again and again
because questions are not so difficult but you need to solve them on time and stop yourself in making any fault guesses as there will be negative marking too.

So, choose you path and move fast! Best of luck!
21st November 2012, 06:11 PM
ranjeet250490
Senior Member++++

Arrow Re: How to do M.Tech from IIT? Which are the coaching classes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by avict1 View Post
Hi.

First of all I would appreciate the fact that you are leaned towards M.Tech and wish to pursue higher education. I am telling this because in today's market most of the young generation is attracted towards work life, independence and get deviated from studies.

So I personally feel that people should study till a minimum post graduation to get respect and also value in the society. If you study good, it would always pay you back and help in your career growth.

M.Tech is the course which is of 2 full years. Its called Master's in Technology. This is the next course of B.Tech. It is often deemed that all those who wish to take up teaching profession should take up M.Tech, but the truth is this is required for many other reasons as well.

In India the entry to M.Tech in the IIT's, NIT's and other top colleges is through the GATE Entrance Examination. If you so not know about this exam, Please read on.

GATE stands for the Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering. This is conducted by the IIT's every year in the month of January/February. It is also considered to be the toughest and most reputed Post graduate Entrance in the country in technical knowledge.
GATE exam tests you on your technical knowledge and then gives you marks. There is a formula with which you can calculate your GATE Score and get a percentile.

Based on the above data the admissions to M.Tech are carried on. Also to your interest the PSU's also recruit through the GATE Exam so it solves dual purposes. I would suggest that if you want to take up M.Tech from the IIT's then ONLY GATE can get you that.

Be thoroughly prepared with your core technical subjects, there is no need to take up any coaching as this can be easily done by yourself. Just take care and make sure that you spend preparatory time daily and do your preparations sincerely. It would make it very easy for you to crack the GATE.

Statistically, only candidates scoring above the 99 percentile get IIT's and PSU calls. So you have to strive really hard to get that score where in you can get admission in the top IIT's with the course of your choice.

Hope this helps

All the best

Regards
RANJEET
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?