2nd October 2012, 11:38 AM
Unregistered

How to do MBA after completing graduation in BSc computer science?

Hello sir/mam i have completed my graduation in Bsc computer science. I want to do MBA. There are two test MAT and CAT. Which test is best for MBA. What is the difference between these two test. Please reaply soon. Thanks.

Related Questions:
  1. How can I do Ph.D in Dravidian university? I've completed msw M.Phil
  2. Career Options available in USA for Indian Dentists? Which course is better for me between Hospital Management and Oral Health Research?
  3. How to apply for admission in CSJM university? I want private admission B.A II year in Kanpur University
  4. How to do MBA after completing graduation in BSc computer science?
  5. When and how can I obtain NEET form?
  6. When will I receive the admit card of SSC(LDC)?
  7. How to start a career in Film Writing (Telugu media)?
  8. When a student belongs to outside Maharashtra will get application form for Maharashtra CET exam? How may I get the application forms in Pune for the same?
  9. How to join Airline MBA after completing BSc computer science? What is the scope of Airline MBA?
  10. In which field should I do MBA after completing graduation with 65%?
  11. What is the scope in BSc computer science field? Which is better after doing BSc computer Science, MCA or MSc? -- [Most Discussed]
  12. Which specialization in MBA is better for BSc computer science students? Can I get a good job after completing MBA?
  13. Courses which I can do after qualifying HS exam from CBSE with 85.6% in science stream and 9/100 in CS? Future prospects in BSc computer science honors?
  14. How can I do graduation in BSc directly for TYBSc? Is there any way to take admission?
  15. Which field should I select in MBA after completing graduation?
  16. What to do MCA or MBA after B.Sc in Computer science? -- [New]
  17. Most advanced PG course after completing BSc computer science?
  18. Will it be good to study MBA after B.Sc Computer Science? In which field should I pursue MBA?
29th November 2012, 09:25 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to do MBA after completing graduation in BSc computer science?

Qualifying CAT exam is better than MAT. CAT exam is conducted by IIM’s and allow candidates to join A grade B schools. IIM’s as well as other reputed institutes accept CAT score. AIMA conducts MAT exam. The exam also allows candidates to join any AICTE approved colleges. But in most cases CAT score is preferred over MAT score.
30th November 2012, 11:07 AM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

You can definitely do MBA since you have completed graduation. Now as far as the entrance exam is concerned it depends on your performance.

Just like anyone else, I will recommend that you appear for Common Admission Test. The reason is very simple. Some of the best MBA universities in India accepts the CAT score. This also includes highly reputed Indian Institute of Management. IIMs are considered as best B-Schools in the country.

But the admission in IIM is not a piece of cake. Firstly to appear for CAT exam you must have cleared graduation with minimum of 50 percent marks (SC/ST 45 percent). Then only you can apply for Common Admission Test.

If you meet the percentage then feel free to appear for CAT and give your best effort. Just ensure that you score well in the Common Admission Test. After you have cleared the CAT exam, you can apply for admission in IIMs.

Try to apply in as many IIMs as possible. The selection process varies from IIM to IIM. These days some IIMs also give importance to the candidate's performance in 10th and 12th as well. So if you have not done well in school, it may hamper your chances of admission in IIMs.

Next thing to do is to wait for response. If you got the response that does not mean you have got the admission. This only starts the selection process. You will be called for group discussions, interview and perhaps even written test. Only based on your performance in these areas, you may get the admission.

In case you failed to get 50 percent marks in graduation then you should appear for the Management Aptitude Test (MAT). Since MAT does not have any percentage criteria, you will be allowed to appear for it. There are colleges around the country that accepts candidate based on MAT score.
30th November 2012, 01:23 PM
mxsiva4u
Senior Member+++++

You are eligible for MBA as you are an under graduate

You can sit for various MBA entrance exams like:

>>CAT

>>MAT

>>GMAT

>>XAT

>>SAT etc..

Attached Files
File Type: docx MBA entrance exams.docx(20.4 KB, 141 views)
File Type: docx MBA Different Streams.docx(12.8 KB, 88 views)
File Type: docx MBA Salary Information.docx(40.0 KB, 96 views)
30th December 2012, 05:41 PM
Unregistered

Is it possible doind MBA after completing B.Sc (computerscience).. please reply me... 'm confused..
24th January 2013, 08:41 PM
infoysis
Senior Member+++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello sir/mam i have completed my graduation in Bsc computer science. I want to do MBA. There are two test MAT and CAT. Which test is best for MBA. What is the difference between these two test. Please reaply soon. Thanks.
Yes definitely your eligible to apply for MBA Course After Completing your B.sc Course . Here i Provide the Details regarding MBA Course .

MBA is the Master of Business Administration. It is course of two years of duration.

You need to Satisfy the following eligibility criteria to pursue your MBA course :

-->> You should secure Minimum of 50% of marks in your graduation and 45% of marks for SC/ST students.

--->> There is No age limit.

-->> You should be Graduation from recognized University.

MBA Entrance Examination :-

# XAT ( Xavier Aptitude Test )
# GMAT ( Graduate Management Aptitude Test )
# KMAT ( All India Karunya Management Aptitude Test )
# IBSAT ( ICFAI Business School Aptitude Test )
# JEMAT ( Joint Entrance for Management Aptitude Test )
# TANCET ( Tamil Nadu Common Entrance Test )
# MAT ( Management Aptitude Test )
# CAT ( Common Admission Test )

There are two test MAT and CAT. Which test is best for MBA ????

Both the CAT and MAT Entrance Examinations are good .. There are lot of MBA Institutions Under CAT and MAT Entrance Examinations ..

Books for MBA Entrance Examination :-

~~ Quantitative Aptitude For MBA Entrance Examination by Guha
~~ MBA Entrance Examination ( Popular Master Guide) by Hashem Abul / Gupta Anjani
~~ Quantitave Aptitude For MBA: Entrance Examination by Sulava
~~ The Pearson Guide to MBA Entrance Examination by Thorpe
8th November 2013, 05:21 PM
Unregistered

Is is really good do MBA after completion of B.Sc(computer science)..??
If so what subjects should i prepare for CAT/MAT entrance tests that would help me gain good score in these competative tests..?
16th January 2014, 06:58 PM
Unregistered

i completed bsc(MCCs) but i have no work experience can i get mba seat in cat or mat affiliated institutes
17th January 2014, 08:39 AM
nareshsunrise
Senior Member++

MBA stands for Master of Business Administration. This is a 2 year Post Graduate related management program being offered by many of the colleges in India.

There are plenty of job opportunities for the candidates after completion of MBA course in variety of business sectors.

The admission for MBA course will be given on the basis of performance in the Entrance Exam.

Some of the popular Entrance Exams are
CAT
MAT
GMAT
XAT etc.

Here is the eligibility criteria required to appear for CAT Exam.

One should have completed Graduation with any of the stream with a minimum of 50% of marks.

Relaxation in percentage of marks upto 5% for the candidates of SC or ST category.

If you don't have this required percentage of marks as per your category, then I suggest you to apply for MAT Exam.

The reason why I am suggesting to apply for CAT is, all the top institutions offering MBA course like B-Schools and IIMs are accepting CAT score.

Even in MBA also, your computer science related specializations are being offered like
MBA in Systems Management
MBA in Information Technology

If you are interested, you can opt for these specializations.

Wish you all the best
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?