13th October 2011, 06:13 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible for CAT exam after scoring 78% in BSc and failing in MSc?

My B.Sc Percentage is 78% and i failed in M.Sc.Could you please tell me,i am able to apply for CAT exam.

14th October 2011, 10:43 AM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for CAT exam after scoring 78% in BSc and failing in MSc?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
My B.Sc Percentage is 78% and i failed in M.Sc.Could you please tell me,i am able to apply for CAT exam.
Yes, You are Eligible for CAT Entrance Examination.

CAT : Common Admission Test.

And This examination was Conducted by IIM's every year one time, To apply for this examination you need to complete your Graduate degree course in any discipline form a recognised university, Final year Graduate candidates are also eligible for CAT examination.

You have also scored more than 50% marks in your Graduation, so you are definitely eligible to apply for CAT Examination.

If you are Failed in M.sc course, then please do not worry, because to apply for CAT, Graduation is the Minimum eligibility, so you have to apply for CAT examination as per your Graduation basis. If you are really Interested in CAT Examination to get admission in MBA Course, then yes you are eligible.

So, please apply for CAT Examination next year because the last date of apply for This year CAT Examination was already Over, So you cant apply for CAT Examination Now, The examination for CAT was Going to be started form Saturday, 22 October 2011 - Friday, 18 November 2011.

So, Please do not worry, prepare well for CAT and then apply for this examination next year and for more details please check the official website -

http://www.catiim.in
14th October 2011, 10:50 AM
Aninkanti

Default Re: Am I eligible for CAT exam after scoring 78% in BSc and failing in MSc?

Yes, You are Eligible for CAT Entrance Examination because for CAT Exam you have to scored minimum 50% marks in Graduation, but you have 78% so, you are must be eligible for CAT Examination.

Best of luck!
14th October 2011, 11:33 AM
jevirsinh

Hi

CAT is the only exam for admission in IIMs after any graduation course.
COMMON ADMISSION TEST

After Btech or in final year you can appear in cat and you must score above 98.5 percentile to get admission in IIM.
IIm ahemdabad is the best one in all IIMS.
CAT exam conducts every year in a NOV-DEC.
From last year CAT exam is online .
So prepare the best and give best in CAT and get admission in best IIMA.....

Good LUck...
14th October 2011, 12:50 PM
mobeshpal
Senior Member+++++

Hi dear
after complete your graduation then you are eligible for MBA.

For MBA criteria:-

*Candidate pass graduation in any stream
*AGE- 21 to unwords
Must be give any entrance exam.
like:-

CAT
MAT
XAT

If secure good mark then you admission inn good college
14th October 2011, 01:14 PM
mobeshpal
Senior Member+++++

Hi dear
after complete your graduation then you are eligible for MBA.

*Candidate pass graduation in any stream
*AGE- 21 to unwords

CAT
MAT
XAT

If secure good mark then you admission inn good college
14th October 2011, 01:53 PM
sandeepsonipoly

definetly you can apply CAT exan but this year.because application last date already over on RC septenber.but may be happy for more enough time for prepartion for next year.
every Graduate candidate with least 50% apply for CAT for IIM's.
CAT exam conduct by IIM's and this year IIM kanpur organized CAT exam.
2 No of section in CAT:1.Quantative ability & data interpritation
2. verbal ability & logical reasoning.
CAT want a regular practice so log on to WWW.CATIIM.in here you will find some more help.
14th October 2011, 03:27 PM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Hello friend,
Candidates who holds a bachelors degree and have scored a minimum of 50% marks in the same are considered eligible for the Common Admission Test, also known as CAT, conducted by the Indian Institute of Management.
Since you have scored 78% in your BSc program, you are definitely eligible to apply for the exam. Your MSc result is not going to affect your eligibility to take the common admission test-CAT.
For more information, refer to the official website of CAT IIM.
14th October 2011, 04:13 PM
sumitkumarsharma
Senior Member+

Wink Re: Am I eligible for CAT exam after scoring 78% in BSc and failing in MSc?

Quote:

Dear friend yes you are surely eligible for CAT EXAM....

CAT-COMMON ADMISSION TEST

For common admission test eligibility criteria is 50% in graduation..........

That's why you are surely eligible for this exam and you can give CAT exam......

which is held in November that's why you can apply this form if you want to do MBA...........

This is totally depend on your mind if you want to do MBA then you can apply for CAT..............
15th May 2012, 02:51 PM
chillarboy
Member+

You are Eligible for CAT Entrance Examination because for CAT Exam you have to scored minimum 50% marks in Graduation
who holds a bachelors degree and have scored a minimum of 50% marks in the same are considered eligible for the Common Admission Test, also known as CAT, conducted by the Indian Institute of Management.
Since you have scored 78% in your BSc program, you are definitely eligible to apply for the exam. Your MSc result is not going to affect your eligibility to take the common admission test-CAT.
For more information, refer to the official website of CAT IIM.
CAT exam conduct by IIM's and this year IIM kanpur organized CAT exam.
2 No of section in CAT:1.Quantative ability & data interpritation
2. verbal ability & logical reasoning.
Candidate pass graduation in any stream
AGE- 21 to unwords
CAT
MAT
XAT
10th July 2013, 04:10 AM
amit89itbhu
Senior Member+++

Hi

following is the eligibility criteria for appearing for CAT

- candidate should be graduate
- candidate should have done his/her graduation from UGC recognized college/institute
- Candidate should have atleast 50% marks in graduation (45% in case of SC/ST)
- No live backlog
- no limit on age and number of attempts
- final year graduate can also appear

As per the eligibility you need to have minimum 50% marks in your graduation, and nothing has been mentioned about your post graduation marks. Thus your post graduation wont stop you to go ahead. However, in interview they will surely ask for your failure.
Prepare a good answer for it. If you can justify it, you can get admission.

All the best
10th July 2013, 05:52 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:

Common Admission Test (CAT) is conducted by Indian Institute of Management (IIMs) for the admission in MBA course.This examination is conducted in the month of November and December.

CAT eligibility criteria:-

1.You should have done your graduation from a recognized university.
2.You should have secured at least 50% in your graduation.
3.There is 5% relaxation in the required graduation percentage for SC/ST/PH students.
4.There is no age limit to appear in this test.

You have completed B.Sc degree so you are applicable for CAT exam . Your graduation marks also above 50% .This exam is not depend on masters degree marks .

CAT Examination Pattern :-

Verbal Ability.
Logical Reasoning.
Quantitative Aptitude.
Reading Comprehension.
Data Interpretation.

Best Books for CAT Exam:-

1. TIME - Book for Quantitive Aptitude - Data Interpretation and Data Sufficiency
2. Siddhartha Balakrishnan - Mathematics for CAT
3. Theodor Seuss Geisel - The CAT in the HAT
4. Servash Verma - Quantum CAT
5. B S Sijwali - Analytical and Logical Reasoning
6. Sujit Kumar - Verbal Ability for CAT
7. Arun Sharma - How to prepare for CAT
8. Disha Publication - CAT Solved Papers as topic wise
9. Nishant K Sinha - The Pearson Guide to Quantitive Aptitude for CAT

List of the TOP CAT Coaching Centers in Mumbai :-

2IIM's - CAT Coaching Class
Career Forum,
Career Launcher,
IMS Learning Resources Pvt Ltd.,
Triumphant Institute of Management Education Pvt Ltd (T.I.M.E)

For more details about CAT Entrance exam , you should visit to http://www.catiim.in
11th July 2013, 06:06 PM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

As you have scored 78% in B.Sc., you are eligible to apply for CAT.

CAT - Common Admission Test, is an entrance exam conducted by IIM(Indian Institute of Management) for admission to two years Post Graduation MBA(Master of Business Administration) Degree course in IIMs.

The eligible candidate being an Indian national having completed Graduation Degree in any stream of education with 50% marks(45% marks for SC/ST candidate) from a recognised University, can apply for CAT.

Hence after passing B.Sc with 78% you are eligible to apply for CAT irrespective of failing in M.Sc which has no impact on application to CAT.

For more information you may log on to http://www.catiim.in
11th July 2013, 10:36 PM
SK@S
Senior Member+++++

Eligibilty to apply for the CAT exams is:
Graduation pass in any stream with minimum 50% marks for General and OBC candidates and minimum 45% marks for the SC/ST candidates.
Final year Graduation students can also apply

Questions will be asked from the Below Sections in CAT Exams:
Quantitative Ability & Data Interpretation;
Verbal Ability & Logical Reasoning

Books for Preparations:
The Pearson Guide To Verbal Ability And Logical Reasoning For The CATby Nishit K. Sinha
The Pearson Guide To Quantitative Aptitude And Data Interpretation For The CAT by Nishit K. Sinha
How to Prepare for Data Interpretation for the CAT Common Admission Test by Arun Sharma

Dates for CAT 2013

Sale of vouchers: 29th July 2013 to 24th September 2013
Registrations: 29th July 2013 to 26th September 2013
Exam dates: 16th October 2013 to 11th November 2013
12th July 2013, 11:41 AM
onlyforyou
Senior Member+++

Dear There,

The acronym for CAT is Common Aptitude Test.

Yes, you are eligible for CAT examination.

IIMs(Indian Institute of Managements) conducts CAT examination for the admission in MBA course twice every year in the months of November and December.

The eligibility criteria required for the CAT examination are prescribed as below:-

* Completion of graduation with 50% marks from any recognized college or university.

* SC/ST contenders need 45% marks.

* Age limit is not required.

* Nationality:- Indian.

CAT examination pattern:-

CAT examination syllabus:-

* Quantitative Aptitude.

* Verbal Ability.

* Logical Reasoning.

* Reading Comprehension.

* Data Interpretation.
15th July 2013, 02:07 PM
aryan5107241
Senior Member+++++

Dear Friend,

The Full Form Of CAT is Common Admission Test. This Test is considered as the toughest examination conducted every year by the All India Management Association.

The CAT Exam is conducted for those students who want to get admission in MBA Course in the Indian Institutes of Management.

The Eligibility Criteria Required for CAT Exam are :

* The candidate must have completed graduation in any stream from any recognized college/university.

* The candidate must have secured a minimum of 50% marks in graduation.

* Candidates in final year of graduation can also appear for the CAT Exam.

* There is no any specific age limit for the NDA Exam.

* A Relaxation of 5% marks is given to those candidates who belong to Reserved Categories.

* The Candidate must be an Indian Citizen.

So , on the basis of the above mentioned as well as your percentage in Graduation , you are completely eligible to appear for the CAT Exam.

This is because they require graduation and they keep no relation regarding the candidate has got how much percentage of marks in post graduation.

This is the information i have to the best of my knowledge regarding your query. Hope the information will help you to the extent you want.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?