20th June 2012, 04:36 PM
nirosha karumanchi

How to do MBA in IIM Institute? What is the pattern of the exam?

sir/mam,i'm the 2012 passed out batch of engineering with electronics background.now i would like to do MBA in of the IIM institute.for that i choose CAT exam.will u please any one give the complete details about the pattern of xam.

21st June 2012, 09:23 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to do MBA in IIM Institute? What is the pattern of the exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nirosha karumanchi View Post
sir/mam,i'm the 2012 passed out batch of engineering with electronics background.now i would like to do MBA in of the IIM institute.for that i choose CAT exam.will u please any one give the complete details about the pattern of xam.

You have completed B-TECH degree in ECE background so you are eligible for IIM but your CAT score is in Top level.

CAT stands for Common Admission test and this examination is Conducted by IIM's every year and to apply for this examination .

Those candidate have above 50% in graduation are eligible for CAT exam.For SC/ST candidate this marks is decreased to 45% in graduation.IIM's have not special kind of eligibility criteria.IIM's criteria is treated as CATs criteria.

This year exam date is already OVER.So you can try for next year.You can apply here maximum times because there is no limitation to attempts for CAT exam.

The admission into the IIMs is based on the percentile score of the CAT exam , GD and then PI.

Pattern for CAT exam:-

CAT score for Corresponding IIM college:-
  • IIM Ahmedabad (IIMA)you should have around 99.3 percentile overall
  • IIM Bangalore (IIMB)profile based around 95 percentile overall.
  • IIM Lucknow(IIML)you should have profile based around 97 percentile.
  • IIM Calcutta(IIMC)you should have around 98.96 percentile overall
  • IIM Indore(IIMI)you should have around 98 percentile overall
  • IIM Shilong(IIMS) you should have 85 percentile overall
The Top IIM college in India: -
  • Indian institute of management-Ahmadabad
  • Indian Institute of management-Lucknow
  • Indian Institute of management-Bangalore
  • Indian Institute of management-Calcutta
  • Indian institute of management-Khaziabad
  • Indian Institute of management-Indore
  • Indian Institute of management-Mumbai
  • Indian Institute of Management-New Delhi
For more information on CAT you can Click Here .

24th June 2012, 01:25 PM
navjotsidhupamal
Senior Member++

hello friend...!!

->You have completed B-TECH degree in ECE background so you are eligible for IIM but your CAT score is in Top level.

->CAT stands for Common Admission test and this examination is Conducted by IIM's every year and to apply for this examination .

->Those candidate have above 50% in graduation are eligible for CAT exam.For SC/ST candidate this marks is decreased to 45% in graduation.IIM's have not special kind of eligibility criteria.IIM's criteria is treated as CATs criteria.

->This year exam date is already OVER.So you can try for next year.You can apply here maximum times because there is no limitation to attempts for CAT exam.

->The admission into the IIMs is based on the percentile score of the CAT exam , GD and then PI.

The Top IIM college in India

1.Indian institute of management-Ahmadabad

2.Indian Institute of management-Lucknow

3.Indian Institute of management-Bangalore

4.Indian Institute of management-Calcutta

5.Indian institute of management-Khaziabad

6.Indian Institute of management-Indore

7.Indian Institute of management-Mumbai

8.Indian Institute of Management-New Delhi

thank u..!!

all the best..!!
2nd July 2012, 10:52 PM
Unregistered

in case i m doing graduation from correspondence then i will be able for doing iim from top courses
31st October 2012, 07:20 AM
Unregistered

sir/ma'am i m chartered accountant and want to do MBA in IIM Banglore ,can i get admission for MBA in IIM?
25th January 2013, 11:23 AM
Unregistered

Sir/mam presently i am in my final semester of btech course.i dont have 60% marks in my hs level...this is hampering my campussing chances.if i pursue a mba degree from IIM can i get a good job????
24th February 2013, 06:41 PM
Unregistered

sir/mam i am working in an ink industry i am M.Sc. in chemistry, i want to do MBA from IIM, how to get admission in IIM.
17th July 2013, 06:43 PM
megayounus786

Quote:
Originally Posted by nirosha karumanchi View Post

FORMAT OF CAT

Q.1) I hear that CAT will be held online. Is that correct?

Ans. CAT is a computer-based test (CBT) and not an Internet-based test (IBT) i.e. a candidate does not take the test on an Internet site. Instead of reading the questions in a paper booklet and darkening the ovals on the answer-sheet, a candidate will read the questions on a computer terminal and choose an answer by clicking on the correct option.

Q.2) How is the computer-based format different from the paper-based format?

Ans. The format of the test is more or less the same except that a candidate reads a question on a computer terminal and clicks on the correct answer, instead of reading on a paper booklet and using a pencil to darken the ovals on an answer sheet.

Q.3) Can I take the test from any computer?

Ans. No. A candidate will have to test on a pre-assigned workstation and will not have a choice to choose his or her workstation, in the testing venue chosen by him/her during the time of registration.

Q.4) What does a CBT test looks like?

Ans. A CAT practice test is available on the website www.catiim.in for candidates to get familiarised with the functionality and navigation of the actual test.

For more details: http://www.catiim.in/
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?