25th April 2012, 11:39 AM
Maya.R.Menon

How to do MBBS? Is there any provision for the same?

I am a 37 years old lady who had already taken B.A English Literature as well as B.Ed English.But I want to do M.B.B.S.now.Is there any provision for the same to restart with plus-2 in science stream???
Maya.R.Menon,Dubai.

23rd August 2013, 12:17 PM
mukesh Kumar mahala

Default Re: How to do MBBS? Is there any provision for the same?

For taking admission in mbbs courses in India,requires to qualify a entrance test after passing+2 exam with minimum 50% marks in science(biology). Many entrances as aiims,neet,aipmt,afmc,bhu-pmt,dpmt,rpmt,up-pmt,comed etc. Are held . Age limit for these entrances are 25 for General,30 for obc,sc,st candidates.
23rd August 2013, 03:49 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

For MBBS course one must study Physics, Chemistry and Biology in 10+2. As you have mentioned that you are 37 years old and a graduate in B.A Literature .

You want to study 10+2 again with PCB stream which is possible if you opt for Open school in which you don't have to attend classes. This will be your only option if you want to do your 10+2 again for MBBS course.

After completing 10+2 with PCB with at least 50% marks you can apply for MBBS entrance examination like NEET, CPMT etc.

There is no upper age limit mentioned for state government medical seats. So you will be eligible if you are 12th pass with required subjects with any age.

But it totally depends on you as you have left your studies a long time ago and you have to cover all the basics then only you can complete 10+2 with ease. Otherwise you will have a lot of problem.

Also you have to perform very well in entrance exam then only you will get admission into a government medical college. The tution fee of private medical colleges is very high and if you belong to a rich family then only you can think if doing MBBS from a private college.
23rd August 2013, 09:04 PM
vanisunshine.vani
Senior Member++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maya.R.Menon View Post
I am a 37 years old lady who had already taken B.A English Literature as well as B.Ed English.But I want to do M.B.B.S.now.Is there any provision for the same to restart with plus-2 in science stream???
Maya.R.Menon,Dubai.
hello

if you want to pursue your career in medicine field then you must have ,BiPC group i.e biology (botany and zoology),physics ,chemistry in 10+2 level.

to do MBBS central or state board has not mentioned upper age limit.so you can do i you wishes to go.

to get admission you can either appear for entrance exam like AFMC,eamcet,CMC,AIIMS, etc or you can take payment seat

friend you had finished your qualification long year back.to cover teh topic present in BiPC COURSE you had to start from begin i.e basic.if you had BiPC STREAM then you can cover it..

you have to compete with those who just completed their intermediate.so you had to give more efforts right..work hard..be confident.

Confidence is the result of hours and days and weeks and years of constant work and dedication

good luck

thank you
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?