20th November 2012, 05:32 PM
sudhirrathod

How to do MCA after completing B.A? I am from Arts background

Hi

Greeting for the day

i am from arts background n will complete BA soon.doing hindi honours ryt nw.i want to do MCA so m i eligible?or it can be done only after passing 12?is it late now?pls helpme out..

Thank you
Sudhir Rathod

26th November 2012, 06:52 PM
priyadarshini patnaik

Default Re: How to do MCA after completing B.A? I am from Arts background

Dear Friend ,
Sorry, you are not eligible for MCA after complrting B.A.
MCA (Master of computer Application) is a 3 year post grduate program.It provides technical skill set & develop application programs.You should join MCA program through entrance test.
Eligibility Criteria For MCA :
1. Candidates who have to compete their BCA/BBA or B.tech can apply for MBA.
2.Students who have to finish their graduation in science stream can also apply for MBA.These candidates must have studies Mathematics as a subject in +2 .
3. Candidates should have a graduation degree with more than 60 per cent marks.
The science graduate student can apply for MCA program but you are a arts Background student so,you can not join MCA after completing B.A(Bachelor of Arts).
27th November 2012, 01:58 PM
joyshreenath
Senior Member++

Hi,
Well I can understand Mr. Rathod why you are worried about MCA admission. MCA in any regular university can be done by those candidates only who have a science graduation. 12th standard qualification has little to do in it. Only the marks obtained in 12th standard are counted.
So your best option is to go for distance MCA course. You can try doing MCA in IGNOU university. The course curriculum is same as that of any regular university, if not better. You can log onto www.ignou.ac.in to download MCA admission forms for February session,2013. The entire course fee will be somewhat near to Rs.50,000 for the entire three years of the course. You just have to be a graduate to be in this MCA program and that is it. The genre of graduation does not matter here. So go ahead and apply for this.
29th May 2013, 02:08 PM
Unregistered

I have completed BA,English and also I have done DOEACC O Level (DCA) right now I want to do MCA or MA,Economics can I apply for that?
30th July 2013, 01:00 AM
Unregistered

hello,i have done 10 2 with commerce stream without maths with 64.2% i now i amdoing BA with physicology,sociology and english so i wanted to know that can i do MCA after BA n form which university of UP AND NCR
3rd August 2013, 11:52 PM
Unregistered

can i get the better job when i complete m.c.a from i.g.n.o.u??
5th August 2013, 12:23 AM
vikash kumar prajapati
Senior Member+++

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudhirrathod View Post
Hi

Greeting for the day

i am from arts background n will complete BA soon.doing hindi honours ryt nw.i want to do MCA so m i eligible?or it can be done only after passing 12?is it late now?pls helpme out..

Thank you
Sudhir Rathod
After passing your Graduation with Arts stream will not make you eligible to take admission in MCA(Master of Computer Application) Course.Although you will only be eligible to take admission in MCA Course if you have any paper related to Mathematics/Statistics in Graduation level course.

If you have studied Mathematics/Statistics/Business Mathematics in any year of Bachelor degree course then you will be eligible to take admission in MCA Course.

There are various papers in MCA Course which include extensive use of Mathematics and if you do not have Mathematics in Bachelor degree course then you will face various difficulties and it is also possible that you may not get pass in this course.The papers which required Mathematics background in MCA Course are :
  1. Numerical Methods.
  2. Probability and Mathematics.
  3. Automata Theory.
  4. Fuzzy Logic and Neural Networks.
  5. Optimization Theory.
  6. Computer Graphics.
  7. Artificial Intelligence.
  8. Discrete Mathematics.
The Basic Eligibility required to take admission in MCA Course is :
  • Your minimum qualification should be Bachelor degree pass out in any discipline with Mathematics/Statistics/Business mathematics in Graduation level as one of the compulsory paper.
  • Candidates should also have Mathematics in Inter Level.
  • Those Candidates who have BCA/B.sc(IT) can take admission in this course without having mathematics at Inter level.
  • Your minimum marks in Inter and Graduation level should be 60%.
  • You should not have more then 2 years of study gap between Inter and Graduation level course.
Although this is the standard eligibility prepared by the top colleges of MCA.However you will be able to take admission in other MCA Colleges if you are interested to do this course.But you will have to work hard after taking admission in this course.

In my suggestion you can take admission in MCA without Mathematics through Uttar Pradesh MCA Common Entrance Test and through TANCET MCA Common Entrance Test.To get pass in the above listed entrance test you will have to study on the given topics :
  1. Verbal and Non Verbal reasoning.
  2. Quantitative Aptitude.
  3. General Awareness.
  4. English Grammar.
  5. Computer Fundamentals.
1st February 2014, 08:15 PM
Unregistered

Sir,
i have completed my B.A with Hindi stream
and now i wanna go for Higher studies, most prefered M.BA...
Just wanted to know, can i apply M.BA 'N' AS WELL wat r master Degrees i can......
plz help...
[email protected]
hv a nyc tym,byee
22nd February 2015, 07:52 AM
Unregistered

I have completed my 2 in maths and bachelor's of degree in commerce now I wan to MCA can I eligible to do
10th June 2015, 07:01 PM
Unregistered

How to do MCA after completing B.A? I am from Arts background

I have completed my B.A with mathematics and statistics stream. Can I opt for MCA in any of the colleges or institutions in Mumbai...???
6th October 2015, 07:27 PM
Unregistered

Sir,
I have done my HSC in stream of mathematics and computer science.And I'm also completed B.A history in arts background.I am now planned to apply MCA .I am eligible or not please reply me
Thank you
5th January 2017, 05:25 PM
Unregistered

I have done my graduation from BA program and I want to do MCA am I eligible for that??
7th April 2017, 01:33 PM
Unregistered

I have done my 2 from PCM and now pursuing graduation with economics honours in which 1st year consist of paper 2 of maths and stats of 100 marks? M i eligible for MCA entrance test??
26th September 2018, 08:23 PM
Unregistered

I'm also from Arts stream, but i am doing BA Program with computer application .So can i apply for MCA?
26th September 2018, 08:28 PM
Unregistered

Hi. I'm also from Arts background.Now doing BA Prog with Computer application . Computer application & Economics are my main subjects. So can i apply for MCA?
16th August 2019, 05:36 PM
Unregistered

I am passing b.a with maths and economic can I m eligible for msc
5th October 2019, 04:29 PM
Unregistered

WHAT I DO MCA DIRECT BA ? AND WITH JOB AND ANY TUTION?
5th March 2020, 11:50 PM
Unregistered

Can i do mca regularly after completing ba as i have computer science and economics as my subject in my degree
13th March 2020, 11:51 AM
Unregistered

Hi currently i am pursuing B.A. in (Computer Application and Political science ) course from delhi university .Can i do M.C.A after that?
16th August 2020, 08:08 PM
Unregistered

His Sir I'm arts background student.. without math.. And economic.. I'm complete BA..Sir please tell me can I do mca course...
29th December 2020, 06:07 PM
Unregistered

SIR I AM A SCIENCE STUDENT(MATHS, PHYSICS & CHEMISTRY). BUT AFTER 12TH I HAVE TAKEN ADMISSION IN BA, SO CAN I DO MCA AFTER BA? PLEASE REPLY
31st May 2021, 03:24 PM
shlrao
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have completed my 2 in maths and bachelor's of degree in commerce now I wan to MCA can I eligible to do
Hello friend
After your 12th class in maths and bachelor degree in commerce you are eligible to do MCA course. MCA is a master of computer application post graduate degree of 2 years starting from the session 2021-22.
Before this session MCA course was of three years you can do to this course as a regular mode or through distance mode also. In your MCA course you will learn about the computer networking and programming. So if your interest is in programming skills then I will suggest you to do MCA course otherwise you can proceed for your masters degree in commerce.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?