5th July 2012, 05:47 PM
maney24

How to do Mechanical Engineering after scoring 256 OBC rank?

i have got 256 obc rank in state in punjab . i want to do mechanical engg. which college is better for me ? out of d.a.v jalandhar / gne ludhiana &beant which one is better??????

Related Questions:
  1. Which NIFT campus can I get after getting waitlisted in general with 256 rank in OBC and 23 rank in NIFT?
  2. Cutoff rank required in TANCET to study Mechanical Engineering for OBC student? -- [New]
  3. Can I get Jabalpur engineering college and Mechanical Branch, Civil, IT or CS after scoring 5012 rank? I belong to OBC category
  4. Can I get Mechanical Engineering in Kolkata after scoring 9912 rank in WBJEE
  5. Can I get Mechanical engineering after scoring 12700 rank in RPET?
  6. Will I get NIT or any other government college for various branches after scoring 202080 rank in AIEEE? -- [Most Discussed]
  7. Will I get a college for engineering in Mechanical after scoring 27049 rank in engineering?
  8. Will I get chemical engineering in NIT Jalandhar after scoring 190831 AIR, 50512 OBC rank?
  9. Can I get mechanical or Civil engineering in BHTI Kanpur after scoring 926 in UPSEE and 155 in OBC?
  10. Can I get a government engineering college in MP after scoring 51 marks and 22000 rank in OBC in MPPET?
  11. Will I get mechanical engineering after scoring 4000 rank?
  12. How to do mechanical engineering after scoring 39709 rank in EAMCET
  13. Can I get MBM after scoring 690 OBC rank in RPET?
  14. Minimum Marks required to qualify in GATE Exam?
  15. Which college can I get for Mechanical Engineering after scoring 11289 rank?
  16. How to study mechanical engineering after scoring 132551 rank
  17. Can I get a seat in Government Engineering College in Kerala for M.Tech under OBC reservation after scoring 306 and 905 rank with 23.33 marks in Electrical Engineering GATE?
  18. Which college can I get after scoring 75868 rank in GN 24090 rank in OBC?
21st August 2012, 09:50 PM
potensis
Senior Member++

Default Re: How to do Mechanical Engineering after scoring 256 OBC rank?

Quote:
Originally Posted by maney24 View Post
i have got 256 obc rank in state in punjab . i want to do mechanical engg. which college is better for me ? out of d.a.v jalandhar / gne ludhiana &beant which one is better??????
With marks of 256 you are eligible to apply for admission in engineering colleges and as you are in the OBC category you can also apply in the quota allotted for SC/ST and OBC. However, you must remember that your higher secondary aggregate marks and specialization is also important to get you a seat in any college. You haven't mentioned that.

Very few engineering colleges are still taking admission as their seats for allotted branch/discipline is over. However, many reputed and recognized deemed universities/colleges are still taking admission in engineering.

For your reference i would like to inform you the most of the UGC recognized and deemed universities and recognized colleges require minimum 65% aggregate marks in higher secondary or equivalent from a recognized school/board to be eligible to apply for admission. ST/SC/ and OBC get a relaxation of 5% marks for admission in almost all the colleges/universities across India.

Kindly provide the full academic details and name of the entrance examination to get the names of the colleges you will be able to apply for admission.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?