14th October 2012, 08:24 PM
alsgoud

How to get a good score in GATE? I am a 3rd year student of mechanical engineering

Respected sir/madam,
I am a 3rd year student of Mechanical Engineering.I want to get good score in Gate.For that i would to start the preparation but i don't know how to start means which material is better to follow to get good score nd where can i get that material.So pls help me ...Pls give me suggestions to start the preparation..
Thanking you sir.

Related Questions:
  1. Am I eligible to appear in GATE being a B.Tech(ECE) 3rd year student? How can I find out the percentage of GATE scorecard? -- [New]
  2. Which are the best books to refer for GATE entrance exam? I am a 3rd year engineering student
  3. Number of attempts for GATE Exam and Validity of GATE score card being a candidate of pursuing 3rd year B.Tech?
  4. How to do GATE in Automobile Engineering? I am a 3rd year student in Mechanical Engineering
  5. Which books to refer for GATE Exam being a candidate of pursuing 3rd year in Mechanical Engineering?
  6. Which companies could recruit me through GATE score after passing 3rd year production engineering?
  7. How can I prepare for GATE entrance exam? I am a 3rd year computer science student
  8. How to prepare for GATe exam? I am doing first year B.E Mechanical Engineering
  9. How to do M.tech in Metallurgy? I am a 3rd year mechanical engineering student
  10. How can I prepare for GATE exam? I am a 3rd year B.Tech Biotech student
  11. Admission to IISC without a valid GATE score? Research and Integrated Ph.D program help mechanical engineering student?
  12. Which are the companies providing internship? I am a student of 3rd year mechanical engineering from IIIT RK Valley
  13. Is there any seperate exam for PSU selection? I am a mechanical engineering student
  14. What is the GATE score to get into IT BHU?
  15. Can B.Tech 3rd years appear in GATE exam? -- [Most Discussed]
  16. Best books for GATE preparation? I am a 3rd year mechanical engineering
  17. Is this necessary to learn German language being a candidate of pursuing 3rd year of Mechanical Engineering as Mechanical is good in German?
  18. Can I appear for GATE in 2nd year engineering just to get some idea? How often does GATE Syllabus change?
11th March 2013, 06:04 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to get a good score in GATE? I am a 3rd year student of mechanical engineering

You can start exam preparation after evaluating exam syllabus. Books prescribed under B.Tech degree can be used for study. Practicing question papers of previous years will be useful. Books can be collected from book stores or education portals. Web portals also contain adequate study materials.
11th March 2013, 10:42 PM
bhawnarattan
Senior Member+

Default Re: How to get a good score in GATE? I am a 3rd year student of mechanical engineering

Quote:
Originally Posted by alsgoud View Post
Respected sir/madam,
I am a 3rd year student of Mechanical Engineering.I want to get good score in Gate.For that i would to start the preparation but i don't know how to start means which material is better to follow to get good score nd where can i get that material.So pls help me ...Pls give me suggestions to start the preparation..
Thanking you sir.
You don't need to run here and there as the syllabus for the GATe exam is from your degree..

What basically is checked in the exam is your basic concepts regarding engineering and you need to clear your basic fundas.....

Also you can follow the book for GATE of G.K publishers..
11th July 2013, 05:45 PM
pinksony

Hello dear....

To get good score in gate first you need to have full knowledge about your engineering subjects...you need to practise previous question papers.....

Practice makes a man perfect.....you can prefer g.k publishers.....you have many good books...

Be dedicated towards your work...self confidence plays an important role....

If you qualify in gate entrance exam..you can persue your m.tech...

Make hay while the sun shines....

All the best dear...
11th July 2013, 11:01 PM
josh98
Senior Member+++++

Hi friend....

To get good score in GATE first you know the what are core subject are in your stream

you will prepare by planning the core subjects

Also you will prepare Mathematics subject

You will also prepare best books in apptitude

Also GATE exam having negative marking so you will prepare for GATE by planning

If you qualify in gate entrance exam. You can pursue your M.tech

All the best.............
12th July 2013, 12:41 PM
harishbanu

Hai, you want to appear GATE exam. You don't know how to prepare for that exam. Please follow these things:-
1.Please try to prepare notes on each lesson that you are studying day from now on wards.
2.And After completion of each lesson you want to check you knowledge for that you have to refer previous GATE exam papers.
3.From this you can get better preparation.
4. Before one month to appear exam, then you can refer you notes.
5.Please write more formula's and solving of problems logically in notes.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?