24th September 2011, 10:12 PM
akkka

Number of attempts for GATE Exam and Validity of GATE score card being a candidate of pursuing 3rd year B.Tech?

i am a student of 3rd year b.tech..
i want to know the no of attempts for gate tht are permissible nd
also want to know tht a 3rd year student can fight gate
nd the period of gate score card validity....thank you...

Related Questions:
25th September 2011, 01:28 PM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Number of attempts for GATE Exam and Validity of GATE score card being a candidate of pursuing 3rd year B.Tech?

GATE stands for Gradudate Aptitude Test in Engineering. This exam is being jointly conducted by Indian Institute of Science and 7 IIMs.

As far as the number of attempts for this exam are concerned, there is no limit on the number of attempts for GATE Exam.

One can appear for GATE Exam as many times as he wanted.

But GATE score is valid for a period of 2 years in the sense that if a candidate has appeared for GATE exam in 2 consecutive years, he may use any of the GATE score card for getting admission to M.Tech

Here is the eligibility criteria for GATE Exam.

-One should have completed Graduation in Engineering to be eligible for GATE Exam.
-Candidates who have appeared for final year of Graduation in Engineering and waiting for the results can also apply for the exam.

Here are the important dates of GATE Exam for the academic year 2012.

-Date of online GATE Exam :29-01-2012
-Date of offline GATE Exam : 12-02-2012.
25th September 2011, 01:53 PM
solution
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Number of attempts for GATE Exam and Validity of GATE score card being a candidate of pursuing 3rd year B.Tech?

hello dear

see, there have no age limit to appear in the GATE Exam.

so you can appear many times in the gate exam.

validation of GATE rank are 2 years.

but the things is that this year 2012, gate committee is decided that this year 3dr year engineering students are not allow to appear in gate exam.

so you have to appear in the gate exam from the upcoming next year.

for more information check-http://gate.iitd.ac.in/GATE/

all the best..........
25th September 2011, 02:28 PM
sharmilamani

my dear friend,
There is nothing mentioned about number of attempts one can make in GATE exam. That is the best thing and there is no age limit too. As of now, the organizers don’t maintain the database of student taking GATE exam and use it to verify that every time.
Gate score is valid for two years.
Sorry for saying this pre-final years are not eligible to write GATE 2012.
aim for gate 2013 plan for it from now onwards. I hope you will get a good rank(all india level).
Better to take coaching at ACE hyderabad. this will be more helpful to you definitely.
once refer this site: http://gate.iitd.ac.in/GATE/
thank you.
25th September 2011, 03:21 PM
nitz90
Senior Member+++++

Smile Re: Number of attempts for GATE Exam and Validity of GATE score card being a candidate of pursuing 3rd year B.Tech?

Quote:
Originally Posted by akkka View Post

Complete Information about GATE

GATE (Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering) exam is held every year for admissions into the top M.Tech colleges in India like the IITs,BITS,IISc and many other prominent colleges..

You can appear for the GATE exam from the next year as according to the GATE 2012 guidelines..Prefinal year students or 3rd year students are not eligible for appearing in the GATE exam

You can appear for the GATE exam from the next year..

There is no age limit for appearing in the GATE exam and there is no restriction on the number of attempts for appearing in GATE

This means that you can appear for GATE as many times as you like and at any age according to your wish..

all the best..

Hope this helps..

With Warm Regards
Nitz
25th September 2011, 03:21 PM
abhaybalmiki

how much marks one needs in CET to get admission in good colleges like VJTI?
25th September 2011, 05:31 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by akkka View Post
Dear friend,

GATE score is valid for only 2 years.

For only 2009 batch it will be announced that GATE score will be for just one year.

But now it is changed and the GATE score validity is 2 years.

GATE exam is one of the tough exam .it is basically contain the technical paper.

The GATE eligibility departments are B-TECH , M.SC in SCIENCE , MCA .

There no limitation for attempts in GATE exam. so you can try for it in many times.

There is no age limit for GATE exam.

All the best
25th September 2011, 05:51 PM
priyo06
Senior Member+++

dear friend,

As you are a student of 3rd year in B.Tech, so you are very much eligible for GATE . There is no age limit of GATE examination. A candidate may attempt the exam GATE any number of time .
The score card is valid up to two (2) years. i.e. the year you are attempting and the next year.

According to the Eligibility of the GATE:

1: You should have a Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Technology or
Architecture or Pharmacy of 4 years after 10+2.

2: You can also apply if you are in the final or pre-final year examination of
the Master Degree.

3: You have to be a Master degree holders in any branch of Science like
Physics,Chemistry, Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Applications etc.

4: You can also apply if you are in the final or pre-final year examination of
the Master Degree.

all the best.
25th September 2011, 06:11 PM
Unregistered

but i had heard that 3rd year b.tech parsuing candidate can also fight gate...
is it true?
25th September 2011, 06:25 PM
BITAN GHOSH
Senior Member+

Dear friend,
GATE exam does not bother about the following facts:-
1. Your percentage of marks in Graduation
2. Your upper age limit
3. Number of attempts
Although till the last year pre-final year students were allowed to sit for the exam.
But from GATE 2012 only final year students/pass out students are eligible to appear in the exam.
Generally the GATE score remains valid for 2years.
All the very best.
THANK YOU!!!!!!
25th September 2011, 09:28 PM
Snehamay ganguly
Senior Member+++++

dear friend,
GATE exam is an entrance exam for M.tech course.. It is conducted by IIT's and IISC jointly..

Eligibility for GATE exam:-

1.One must have complete the bachelor degree in the field of Engineering/Technology/Architecture.
or,
2.One must have complete the master degree in the fields like M.Sc/MBA/MCA..
3.There is no age limit.
4.No number of attempt restriction.
5.One can appear in GATE exam during the pre-final year or final year of graduation or post graduation.
6.Validity of GATE score is 2 years.

As you are in 3rd year of b.tech course then you can appear in GATE exam..
So, go for it..

All the best.
2nd October 2011, 01:37 AM
jevirsinh

Hi friend..

3rd year student nor eligible for GATE prepare one more year and then apply.

There is no restriction for number of attempts.
But if u qualify, GATE scorecard is only valid for 1 years from 2011 onword.
Normally,students prefer to write first time when they are in final year of graduation and later 2-3 times.
I feel when you complete graduation and then appear in the next year that is the most important attempt because ur preparation will be at peak.

good luck
3rd October 2011, 01:56 PM
Unregistered

Number of attempts for GATE Exam
31st October 2011, 03:29 AM
vinay21feb
Senior Member+++

No,you are eligible to apply for this examination.

Because only final year candidates and pass out candidates are eligible to apply for this examination.

If you are interested apply for the next session.

.But last year there a system pre-final year candidates are eligible.But now the system changed.So you can not apply for this examination.

Lets see the eligibility criteria for this examination.

The candidate should have a bachelor's degree holders in engineering/technology/architecture from a recognized board or equivalent qualification.

The candidate should have a bachelor's degree holders in engineering/technology/architecture(Post-B.Sc/Post-Diploma) from a recognized board or equivalent qualification.

The candidate should have a Master's degree holders in any branch of Science/Computer Science/Statistics/Mathematics/ from a recognized board or equivalent qualification.

Those in the final year of degree course or master degree course can also apply for this examination.

Pre-final year candidates are not eligible to apply for this examination.

More details,Visit the official website : www.upsc.gov.in
14th December 2011, 11:04 PM
balafederer
Senior Member+

No, you are not eligible for this exam. Graduation is required.

GATE- Gratitude Aptitude Test in Engineering. Gate exam is conducted by Indian Institute of Technology.

* There is no restriction for attempts in Gate exam. So you can attend as many you can.
* There is no restriction for age limit in Gate exam. So you can attend at any age.
* Candidates should be a graduate in Architecture or in engineering.
* Final year candidates can also apply for Gate exam.
* There is no minimum percentage criteria for gate exam.
* Gate exam score is valid for two years.

Colleges:

* Indian Institute of Technology Bombay
* Indian Institute of Technology Delhi
* Indian Institute of Technology Madras
* Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur
* Indian Institute of Technology Guwahati

Best wishes
15th March 2012, 06:07 PM
Unregistered

i have a good gate score. Using that score I joined in IIT madras. Presently I m in II sem. I am getting stipend.I want to do MTech structure in coming June with the same score card . Pl let me know the issues.
15th August 2012, 01:49 PM
Unregistered

sir ,i got a valid gate score in 2012.and i joined in cet trivandrum.presently i am discontinueing my course.is the validity of gate score card 2012?
24th September 2012, 03:05 PM
Unregistered

I have qualified in GATE 2012,I have not taken admission in 2012, can i apply it in 2013 on score card of 2012?
3rd December 2012, 01:11 PM
Unregistered

Sir May on the basis of gate score card can we get the direct placement government companies if we are b.tech 3rd year student ?
27th January 2014, 01:24 PM
Unregistered

gate score card valid for tow years or not?
please ans me
[email protected]
20th October 2015, 07:08 PM
Unregistered

Hello, I am Satyamurthy. I have qualified in 2014 gate entrance exam. I want to apply for M.Tech in 2016 in Andhrapradesh state Universities. But my gate score card valid up to 2016. on my gate score card it is mentioned that score card valid for two years only. So may i have chance to apply for M.TECH in 2016 through my 2014 gate score cord?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?