7th September 2010, 09:15 PM
nagalcool

How to get a job in Government Sector after doing Civil Engineering?

Good Evening.
How i can get job in the Government sector in the field of civil enginering.
Sir, can u give me some information about this.
Thank you

Related Questions:
  1. How can I get a job in government sector? I am doing civil engineering
  2. How to get a job in Government Sector after doing Civil Engineering?
  3. Which fields are the best among Civil Engineering? Best paying job? Which sector is better between private and government sector?
  4. How to get job in Dubai or in Government sector after completing B.Tech in Civil Engineering?
  5. Eligibility for job in Railway or any other government sector after B.Tech in Civil Engineering? Details of competitive exams for the same?
  6. Job opportunities in Government Sector for B.Tech(Civil Engineering) 3rd year student?
  7. Job opportunities in Government sector for B.E. Civil student?
  8. What kind of jobs are available in Government sector for Diploma Civil Engineer?
  9. What are the jobs available in Government sector for Civil Engineering freshers?
  10. What are the jobs available in government sector for B.E Civil Engineering graduates?
  11. Job opportunities in Government sector after the completion of Engineering in CS? Is it possible to earn more in Private sector than in Government sector?
  12. Eligibility for applying job in Railway or any other government sector after B.Tech in civil Engineering? Details of competitive exams for the same?
  13. WHICH IS BETTER B. Arch (Architecture) or B. Tech (Civil/ Mechanical engineering) ? -- [Most Discussed]
  14. Is B.Tech after 12th from KSOU in Civil Engineering Valid? Will I get a job in government sector as well as in private sector?
  15. Career options after B.Sc (Physics)?
  16. What type of jobs are available in Civil Engineering sector?
  17. List of jobs which are available in government sector for Civil engineering candidates?
  18. How to get a job in Punjab Government Sector for J.E Civil Engineering?
7th March 2011, 02:30 AM
Mrs_Praveen_Gola
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to get a job in Government Sector after doing Civil Engineering?

You can enroll yourself in the EMPLOYMENT EXCHANGE so that whenever any job matches your profile they can immediately contact you.After passing a written test & interview you are eligible for the govt job.

You can also get in touch with the various newspapers so that you can easily noticed the vacancies if any in the govt sector.

"Naukri.com" is also a site at which you can register yourself to know the latest updates at your E.mail.
7th March 2011, 07:02 AM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to get a job in Government Sector after doing Civil Engineering?

Advertisements in this regard do come up in the newspaper. Most of them will first conduct an entrance exam. This will be followed by interview. The job profile details and eligibility criteria will be mentioned in the same. You must check whether all the criterias are met and apply accordingly.
9th March 2011, 06:50 AM
aditya436
Senior Member++++

Thumbs up Re: How to get a job in Government Sector after doing Civil Engineering?

If i am in your place definitely i would have opted the option..

IES(Indian engineering Service)

this is the most reputed job in Engineering jobs

that too in govt sector.

for this job you must have your engineering degree and the age must be minimum of 21 years..

if you prepare correctly then you'll definitely get placed in govt.sector..

if you want any further details regarding this examination..

go through this link..

www.onestopias.com

www.upscportal.com

all the best

~aditya~
9th March 2011, 09:12 PM
asishkumar

Quote:
Originally Posted by nagalcool View Post
Good Evening.
Thank you

For civil engineering you should better follow the employment newspaper which normally comes in a week.
You can get the required job there.
All the best.
20th March 2011, 03:57 PM
shubham957

Quote:
Originally Posted by nagalcool View Post
Good Evening.
Thank you
most of the government jobs available for civil engineers are conducted by upsc.
the notifications of such jobs can be found on
www.upsc.gov.in
the notifications of other jobs comes in the employment news. so you must check it regularly.
you can also post your resume to
www.naukri.com
www.monster.com
24th April 2011, 03:40 PM
Unregistered

how to apply civil engineering jobs in goverment sector
4th July 2011, 11:57 AM
Unregistered

what are the syllabus for ies exam
4th July 2011, 09:54 PM
digvijaygarg

Hi User
Take IES exam
Look out for Bank Posts(PSB) as they are nowadays hiring Civil Engineers for Project Lending
Look out for State Corporations
SAIL,CIL,NTPC,NHPC,ONGC all require civil engineers and the posts are updated regularly....
Good Luck
23rd August 2011, 12:57 AM
Unregistered

which exams we have to fill for the govt. sector jobs?
29th August 2011, 05:04 PM
sadhan123

Thumbs up Re: How to get a job in Government Sector after doing Civil Engineering?

hello friend,
being a civil engineer there are many opportunities in govt. sector. As civil engineering plays a core part in any institute in same way they have the opportunities too.

if job is your criteria first and foremost subscribe in job sites like employment news (it notifies all state as well as central govt. jobs ). but i do suggest you to subscribe in google sms channel for govt. jobs. where in you get all the latest jobs of all kinds so that you can even help your fellow person.

coming to the opportunities for civil engineering in govt sector. civil engineering can apply jobs like-
> SAIL
>Engineer india limited
> ONGC
>NHPC
>NTPC
>COAL INDIA
>BHEL
>RRB
>SSC

but my humble suggestion is that try for the IES AND IAS.. this are the superior and most responsible jobs in the country.

for preparing govt jobs:

>first and fore most be aware of current affairs, for that read news paper daily or issue monthly current affair magazine.
> reads the notification of the job your applying properly and note the concern syllabus for the job.
>i would suggest you to read the made easy books or objective books for covering the civil engineering subject.
> search for previous papers for the concerning govt job.

i hope i helped you.. any mistakes please forgive.

regards- SADHAN
1st September 2011, 04:55 PM
Unregistered

WHY SOME CORE COMPANIES DON'T TAKE GIRLS?IS IT HAPPENING IN GOVERNMENT JOBS?
27th September 2011, 10:59 PM
Unregistered

now i read b.sc. in cbz strem. can i do b.e. in civil after b.sc.
29th September 2011, 07:35 PM
shibendu

After Civil Engineering you can join many govt jobs.
Simply go to that corresponding site and complete your registration if your CV is shortlisted then they will call you.

These jobs are :

1.BHEL

2.SAIL

3.NTPC

4.DRDO

5.IOCL

6.ISRO

7.BSNL JTO

8.RAILWAY

9.UPSC examination

10.ECIL etc
24th November 2011, 07:08 PM
m.khushhal

The question is too vague to be answered appropriately. The definition of best job varies from person to person. For me the best job is administrative jobs with GOI i.e. IAS and allied services like IPS, IRS, IRAS etc. These vacancies are filled by a 3-stage exam conducted by UPSC (www.upsc.gov.in) every year. You need to be a graduate and of age between 21-30 years as on 1st Aug of that year when the exam is getting conducted.
1. Preliminary exam {2 papers of 200 marks each, General awareness and CSAT(Civil Service Aptitude Test)}
2. Mains exam (written exam, 2000 marks with two optional papers)
3. Intervies (300 marks)

For details please visit the UPSC website.
14th January 2012, 07:29 AM
senthilkumarvm

hi my dear friend.. you are asking about how to get government job after completing your Civil engineering..

first of all you must clear with your question friend, because there are lot of government jobs and several departments available.. so where you want to place your career is very important..
now i tell you in general..

if you want to join state government college then you must write entrance exam conducted by state government..
also same for central government..

All The Best VMS-AJH
27th May 2012, 04:15 PM
Unregistered

how much will be the salary of an IAS civil engineer ?
16th June 2012, 03:41 PM
Unregistered

which are the main subjects for preperation of dsssb for civil engg??
14th July 2013, 12:58 AM
pinksony

Hello dear....

You need to appear for ies(indian engineering service) exam....by this you have good job opportuities...

You can apply for exam through online or offline....you need to get your form through online or near by post office.....

Age limit:21-30 years....

There are companies like:
1.ntpc
2.sail
3.gail
4.ongc
5.bhel

all the best....
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?