29th August 2017, 11:58 PM
Unregistered

How to get a job in Income Tax department after completion of UG course with 89 percent marks?

I am a mathematics student. I completed my UG with 89%. Which exam I have to write to get the job in Income tax department? Can you please give me the details on the same? What type of preparation do I need to do to apply for the job? Thanks!

31st August 2017, 09:27 AM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to get a job in Income Tax department after completion of UG course with 89 percent marks?

For recruitment in Income tax department as an officer candidates have to appear and qualify in Civil Service examination conducted by UPSC.

The recruitment is also made after qualifying in Staff Selection Commission.

Yes, you are eligible to appear in both examination. The required minimum qualification to appear in examination is candidate must have passed bachelor degree from a recognised university.

The syllabus for examination is same as for respective examination.

The age limit for Civil Service examination is 21-32 years while for SSC it is 18-30 years.

For detail information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in or www.ssc.nic.in.
31st August 2017, 12:31 PM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to get a job in Income Tax department after completion of UG course with 89 percent marks?

In order to get job in Income Tax department, you are required to appear in an entrance examination that is conducted by Staff Selection Commission.

Yes, SSC (Staff Selection Commission) conducts a written exam called Combined Graduate Level (CGL) Examination for the recruitment of several posts in various departments.

>> The minimum educational qualification required to be eligible for appearing in SSC CGL is "Graduation" or Bachelor Degree in any discipline from a recognized university.

>> You are required to choose "Inspector" as your first priority while filling application form of CGL.

>> You are required to qualify Tier 1, Tier 2, Tier 3 and Certificate verification round one by one in order to get selected finally.
31st August 2017, 12:45 PM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

You can join Income Tax Department either through SSC CGL exam or joining Indian Revenue Services through Civil Services exam.

Requirements for these entrance exams:

Academic qualification: Graduation is minimum requirement to apply for both of these exams. Final year graduation candidates can also apply for this exam.

Age limit is 21-32 years for Civil Services exam and 18-27 years for SSC CGL exam. Three years upper age relaxation applicable to OBC and five years to SC/ST candidates.

You can apply for both of these exams.
31st August 2017, 08:19 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

For recruitment as an officer in Income Tax department you have to appear and qualify in Civil Service examination.

The eligibility to appear in examination is candidate must have passed bachelor degree from a recognised university. The age limit is 21-32 years with relaxation in upper age limit.

The examination is conducted in three stages as Preliminary, Mains and Interview. For detail information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
31st August 2017, 09:12 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

If you want to officer in Income Tax Department then you must apply for Civil Services examination to join Indian Revenue Services. Candidates from Revenue Services are recruited for Tax Department.

Eligibility criteria for Civil Services exam:

>>Candidate must have done bachelor's degree from a recognized university. Final year graduation candidates can also apply for the exam.

>>The age limit is 21-32 years.

Preparation Strategy:

>>You can start your preparation with help of NCERT books of social science.

>>In second stage of preparation, you can read books like Indian Polity by Laxmikant, Geography by GC Leong, History by B.P Chandra etc.

>>Join test series and practice a lot.
31st August 2017, 09:40 PM
starberry

To get job in Income Tax department, you can apply for Income Tax Officer Exam. This exam is conducted by SSC (Staff Selection Commission) for the recruitment of Income Tax Officer. Eligibility criteria to apply for ITO exam is as follows-

>> Candidate must have Graduate degree from a recognized university.

>> Age limit- 18 to 25 years, Age relaxation of 5 years to SC/ST and 3 years to OBC

Selection Process:

1) Written Examination
2) Interview
31st August 2017, 10:57 PM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

You can get a job in Income Tax Department after completion of bachelor's degree with 89% marks by clearing Civil Services examination.

Eligibility criteria for Civil Services exam:

1. Graduation in any discipline from a recognized university.

2. Age limit is 21-32 years.

When you clear this exam, you can join Indian Revenue Services.
31st August 2017, 11:52 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Candidates can apply for Civil Services examination to join Income Tax Department. Civil Services examination is one of the toughest entrance exam of India which requires hard work with concentration, dedication and determination. The academic qualification required to apply for this exam is bachelor's degree in any stream from a recognized university.

Age criteria for this examination is 21-32 years. There is upper age relaxation of three years to OBC and five years to SC/ST candidates. You will have to clear different of Civil Services exam called Preliminary, Mains and Personal Interview.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?