23rd January 2017, 04:14 PM
Unregistered

What is the procedure to become an Income Tax Officer in the Income Tax Department?

Respected Sir, I am pursuing my final year Graduation and after completing it I want to join the Income Tax Department as an Officer so I want to know what is the procedure to become an Income Tax Officer in the Income Tax Department? Please answer as soon as possible.

28th January 2017, 08:45 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the procedure to become an Income Tax Officer in the Income Tax Department?

In order to become Income tax officer, you can apply for Civil Services examination and join Indian Revenue Services after bachelor's degree. The academic qualification for Civil Services examination is bachelor's degree from a recognized university. Final year graduation candidates can also apply for this exam.

The age limit for Civil Services examination is 21-32 year for candidates of general category. Reserved category candidates can get upper age relaxation. This examination has three stages namely preliminary exam, main exam and interview. For any more details about this exam, you can visit http://www.upsc.gov.in.
29th January 2017, 09:00 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the procedure to become an Income Tax Officer in the Income Tax Department?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Respected Sir, I am pursuing my final year Graduation and after completing it I want to join the Income Tax Department as an Officer so I want to know what is the procedure to become an Income Tax Officer in the Income Tax Department? Please answer as soon as possible.
To become an Income Tax Officer exam, you should qualify in SSC CGL exam. If you have cleared SSC CGL Tier I and II exam then you are eligible for Income Tax Officer.

Minimum qualification required to apply for this SSC CGL is completing a degree course from a recognized University.

Your age should be in between 21 to 27 years.

Age relaxation-

Upper age relaxation for OBC is upto 3 years.
For SC/ ST , it is upto 5 years.
For PWD it is upto 10 years.
30th January 2017, 10:05 AM
kachhadiyasarika
Member+

Income Tax Officer recruitment is conducted through entrance exam UPSC or State PSC. One should be graduate to apply for Income Tax Officer Exam.

Selection
- Preliminary Exam
- Main Exam
- Interview

Required Skills
- Leadership
- Good Judgement
- Perceptiveness
- Language Skills
- Team Work
- Presence of Mind
- Problem Solving skill
11th May 2020, 08:41 PM
Unregistered

After inter mec what should take to became income tax officer
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?